Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released

BioWare announces the release of the Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition, which combines the RPG and all of its DLC and add-ons into one convenient bundle. Here's the news:
The definitive Dragon Age™: Inquisition experience has arrived! Today, BioWare released the Dragon Age: Inquisition – Game of the Year Edition, including every piece of downloadable content made available since launch. This is the perfect gift at a great value for fans that have yet to step into the role of the Inquisitor, to lead a team of heroes and save the world of Thedas from the brink of chaos. Dragon Age: Inquisition – Game of the Year Edition is available on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC via Origin™ for only $59.99.

Dragon Age: Inquisition – Game of the Year Edition includes:

• Every DLC – This edition includes all the story and gameplay DLC content ever released, including Jaws of Hakkon, The Descent, and the recently released epilogue, Trespasser
  • All Official Add-Ons – Customize your inquisition further with specialized gear, legendary weapons, diverse mounts, and unique elements from every official add-on including: Spoils of the Avvar, Spoils of the Qunari, and the Deluxe Edition upgrades

Winner of over 160 awards, including more than 130 Global Game of the Year wins, Dragon Age: Inquisition is set in an epic, dark fantasy world where players are empowered to shape and drive their experience. The game combines the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for with deep RPG gameplay, all on a brand new RPG game engine underpinned by EA's cutting edge Frostbite™ 3 technology.

View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
Oct 7, 2015, 14:17
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 14:17
Oct 7, 2015, 14:17

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 02:32:
Game of the year...ahahahah, why not call it game of the century edition, of the millenium, of the Galaxy edition.....Ahahahahh.

Going out on a limb - because it was the game of the year on some lists?

Oct 7, 2015, 08:29
SXO
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 08:29
Oct 7, 2015, 08:29
SXO

And yet there's still no complete package for the Mass Effect series. Even if you buy that trilogy on sale, you're still spending $70+ to buy all the DLC for them cause they never go on sale.

Oct 7, 2015, 02:32
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 02:32
Oct 7, 2015, 02:32

Game of the year...ahahahah, why not call it game of the century edition, of the millenium, of the Galaxy edition.....Ahahahahh.
I have a nifty blue line!

Oct 7, 2015, 02:13
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 02:13
Oct 7, 2015, 02:13

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:58:
Rattlehead wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:22:
It's never going to Steam, ever, the entire point of Origin is to compete with Steam. Also, you really can't simply remember that EA games are opened with Origin?

That's not really the reason DAI is not on Steam. Many EA games are still on Steam. The ones that are not are the ones where EA do not want to subject themselves to Valve's TOS which disallow selling DLC via links from within the game, thus bypassing Valve's 30% cut.
Actually, since the GOTY of DAI is a complete bundle, there is a certain chance it might eventually make it to Steam one day.

EA hasn't released a game of theirs on Steam since early 2011, when Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, and Dragon Age 2 came out. They took a stand on the policy you're referring to by pulling Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 from Steam upon the release of their DLCs. Then Battlefield 3 was the first "killer app" for Origin later that year. Every EA release since then has been Origin exclusive, whether they involve DLC or not (though let's be frank, I can't think of one that hasn't). Only a few third-party games published by EA have been released on Steam since then, like Kingdoms of Amalur, Alice: Madness Returns, and Bejeweled 3, but even those were years ago.

EA simply does not release on Steam at all anymore. Crysis 2 is the only instance I can think of where a GOTY Edition-like package later made it to Steam, when the base game was not available. Again, years ago, and there have been many releases since then that could have benefited from that treatment. I see little to no reason to expect such a miracle with DA:I.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2015, 02:21.

Oct 7, 2015, 01:24
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 01:24
Oct 7, 2015, 01:24

A friend of mine hated DAI, I actually really enjoyed it. Not a perfect RPG (oh lord, the tactical camera) but it is a very very big game with a massive scope. I probably only went to half the zones before I got to the end, then spent hours just walking around looking at all the stuff, solving puzzles, and killing the optional dragon encounters.

Great music (the tavern songs!), good story, stronghold building far better than in Pillars of Eternity, decent RPG itemization and levelling, and beautiful graphics. There's a meta-quest system that some people hated, but I liked the feeling that I was leading the army and had the ability to send other parties off to do quests to unlock stuff for me.

I'd give it a bit over 90% overall.

Oct 6, 2015, 22:28
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 22:28
Oct 6, 2015, 22:28

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:58:
...Many EA games are still on Steam....

Are you sure they're actually EA games, as in games made by studios owned by EA, as opposed to games where EA was just the publisher.

Personally I don't know or care enough to check, but it would be understandable that as a publisher if a studio wanted to have their product on other platforms EA may as well go with it and get something rather than nothing as the studio may go with a different publisher.

Oct 6, 2015, 21:43
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 21:43
Oct 6, 2015, 21:43

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:47:
And save them from paying ~30% or whatever their cost would be to steam.
Yeah but then they have to pay for the maintenance of Origin. Still, probably comes out to less money in the end

Oct 6, 2015, 20:58
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 20:58
Oct 6, 2015, 20:58

It's never going to Steam, ever, the entire point of Origin is to compete with Steam. Also, you really can't simply remember that EA games are opened with Origin?

That's not really the reason DAI is not on Steam. Many EA games are still on Steam. The ones that are not are the ones where EA do not want to subject themselves to Valve's TOS which disallow selling DLC via links from within the game, thus bypassing Valve's 30% cut.
Actually, since the GOTY of DAI is a complete bundle, there is a certain chance it might eventually make it to Steam one day.

Who knows? EA is weird. For some games they do a GOTY like DAI here while the Mass Effects are still BioWare points games where the DLC has never been bundled with the games or gone on sale.
Their product policies are completely unpredictable. It would not surprise me if the GOTY of DAI goes to Steam at some point.

Oct 6, 2015, 20:47
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 20:47
Oct 6, 2015, 20:47

It's never going to Steam, ever, the entire point of Origin is to compete with Steam.

And save them from paying ~30% or whatever their cost would be to steam.

Oct 6, 2015, 20:22
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 20:22
Oct 6, 2015, 20:22

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 19:33:
Reviews were a bit iffy on this one. I think I'll wait for it to drop in price a bit.

Oh, and for it to hit Steam (or - dare to dream - GOG). I hate trying to remember which game-launcher I have to use for a particular game... I wish EA would finally figure that out and not insist on all their games being exclusive to Origin.

Oct 6, 2015, 20:17
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 20:17
Oct 6, 2015, 20:17

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 19:23:
Put it on sale for 20 bucks, and I'll bite (for the DLCs.)

+1

Oct 6, 2015, 19:33
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 19:33
Oct 6, 2015, 19:33

Reviews were a bit iffy on this one. I think I'll wait for it to drop in price a bit.

Oh, and for it to hit Steam (or - dare to dream - GOG). I hate trying to remember which game-launcher I have to use for a particular game... I wish EA would finally figure that out and not insist on all their games being exclusive to Origin.

Oct 6, 2015, 19:23
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 19:23
Oct 6, 2015, 19:23

Put it on sale for 20 bucks, and I'll bite (for the DLCs.)
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older