Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Heroes of the Storm Patched

The new patch is now live in Heroes of the Storm, updating Blizzard's team brawler/MOBA with a number of balance changes and the addition of the new Lt. Morales support character. Battle.net has the patch notes that have been updated since the PTR notes were previously posted. Word is: "Weve just released a new patch for Heroes of the Storm, which brings a new Hero, art and user interface updates, balance changes, and much more to the game."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 17:46 Kxmode

Orogogus wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 17:26:
1/2 Elf is referring to the fact that this is a Heroes of the Storm thread, not Heart of the Swarm.

I really don't understand how Blizzard managed to put out two games at about the same time with the same initials.

Oh! Wow. Sorry about that. Carry on. Guess I'll wait until a Starcraft 2 news headline appears until asking the question. Still, if you'd like to answer the question I'd be much obliged.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 17:26 Orogogus

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 16:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:12:
Wrong game Kxmode.

Nope. I literally meant 3 episodes (campaign, volumes, parts, whatever term people use). Basically referring to Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, and Legacy of the Void. So is NOW a good time to buy the COMPLETE game?

1/2 Elf is referring to the fact that this is a Heroes of the Storm thread, not Heart of the Swarm.

I really don't understand how Blizzard managed to put out two games at about the same time with the same initials.

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 17:18 Nut

Frijoles wrote:
they MADE me kill 50 fucking treasure goblins.

Someone likes portraits more than they like fun...

9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 16:58 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:12:
Wrong game Kxmode.

Nope. I literally meant 3 episodes (campaign, volumes, parts, whatever term people use). Basically referring to Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, and Legacy of the Void. So is NOW a good time to buy the COMPLETE game?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 16:09 Frijoles

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:34:
Have to admit I stopped playing this entirely... while fun, the match making is total garbage

I stopped playing when they MADE me kill 50 fucking treasure goblins. Burned me out and I haven't been back. Although I do plan on coming back, just need a break. I need to show off my profile portrait to myself. In hindsight, not worth it.

7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:41 Nut

> the match making is total garbage

Agreed 100%! The Quickmatch matchmaking REALLY needs some more constraining rules (like requiring a warrior vs. another team with no warrior... hello?! this happens in combination with support/no support, etc.).

Totally lax rules make for un-fun quick matches. They need to fix this ASAP.

I recommend that any player move on to Hero League ASAP, it's a lot better with drafting, and the game is great.

6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:34 eRe4s3r

Have to admit I stopped playing this entirely... while fun, the match making is total garbage  

5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:29 heroin

I've been playing HOTS since the alpha and it has definitely gotten much better progressively. But, the last two patches before this one have been terrible. I say that in complete aggravation of the last patch making the game even more frustrating. It's hard to say where it is stemming from, a combination of balancing, toon synergy & bad matchmaking, but completely from the ability to become completely steamrolled.

I actually had a game a couple of days ago (after much discontent with the patches) where 3 people on my team had 0 kills (including myself) and two only had 1 kill. Everyone was trying their best to complete objectives and get on a roll but we never even came close. The balance is way off.

4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:14 Nut

> Sheesh... <snipped>

I share your "sheesh" by the way, but this is a good patch. It is not a sweeping balance change but it makes competitive several warrior heroes (Stitches, ETC, Diablo, Chen received buffs).

From what I have seen on the PTR Chen might actually be overpowered now in the right hands, haha, and Diablo still takes like an expert setup to use (so he won't really be used... they are worried about him being overpowered so he is only negligibly improved).

This will be remembered as the "warrior buff" patch and basically it makes certain existing warrior heroes (Stitches, Chen, ETC, Diablo) more viable, with negligible nerfs for Zeratul and Johanna and Leoric (who will still be top tier in my opinion). Also the new hero (Lt. Morales) is good and interesting but not overpowered.

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:12 The Half Elf

Wrong game Kxmode.

I didn't get Swarm, but will get the Protoss one.

BTW, if anyone would do me a favor, Gamestop carries the collectors edition, but sadly I'm not driving 100's of miles to get a copy. If anyone can pick up a copy I'd pay for the shipping and throw in a bit extra.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:06 Kxmode

I've been waiting until all three episodes were released before playing. Is it worth getting the entire StarCraft 2 game?  

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 13:39 heroin

Sheesh, I'm not going to hold my breath [in reference to balance changes]! The last two patches were AWFUL. Turning a somewhat casually competitive game into a wannabe competitive game with terrible balance, terrible matching making and terrible 1995 netcode (Reconnecting > Successful Reconnected > YOU HAVE DIED > Reconnecting > Successfully Reconnected > YOU HAVE DIED (I have had entire games looking at those screens waiting for it to finally actually reconnect). The game lost it's "fun" let's see if they can manage to turn it around.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo