Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 13:33 Verno

I would rather they shoot for an impressive debut in terms of the tech than half ass it and give the naysayers ammo. $350 is not a big deal for a first iteration like this.  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:57 Pigeon

ZeroPike1 wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:00:
Ohh no, there is an Agenda in the US. The Corporate Bottom Line Agenda. Expensive internet with no choices. IT support looked at like its half un-needed and unfunded with-in a company. The idea that changing your password on an aging windows-PC with sluggish hardware every month is the penultimate in corporate security.

The same reason Chip&Pin Credit Cards took so long to get in. The Digital Agenda, the people decide is not important. The ones who do, the ones who love the Digital age and all its chances at business are ruled by last generation CEO's and Politicians who's only daily tech use is there cell phones for phone call's.

(rant)

That pretty much sums up my thoughts when reading the article. Our government's agenda is let private enterprise handle it and give them public money to expand infrastructure, but not hold them accountable to actually doing it.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:39 eRe4s3r

My limit for VR would be 500, but who knows whether OR is the winner in this game or the loser  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:16 PHJF

I don't know how you can say it's overpriced. I spent $380 on my now-ancient 22" monitor (that I've been itching to replace, but not with another shit LCD screen). I'm hoping a Rift can become my defacto gaming screen, assuming it takes off. And it if works, it's a peripheral, not something you need to upgrade every odd year.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 12:00 ZeroPike1

Ohh no, there is an Agenda in the US. The Corporate Bottom Line Agenda. Expensive internet with no choices. IT support looked at like its half un-needed and unfunded with-in a company. The idea that changing your password on an aging windows-PC with sluggish hardware every month is the penultimate in corporate security.

The same reason Chip&Pin Credit Cards took so long to get in. The Digital Agenda, the people decide is not important. The ones who do, the ones who love the Digital age and all its chances at business are ruled by last generation CEO's and Politicians who's only daily tech use is there cell phones for phone call's.

(rant)

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 11:47 Henry Dorsett

$350 for a Rift? Well, there goes my interest... It would be a fun toy at $200, but at almost double that, it's just a fancy piece of tech with not a quarter of the usefulness it would need to justify the price. Maybe it'll become more attractive when the price drops and there's an established collection of software which supports it.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >