Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

'Terminator Genisys' Sequels Reportedly 'on Hold Indefinitely.' Used to be if a movie did really well it got a sequel. Nowadays they plan a series and cancel the sequels if the first one tanks (see Lost in Space, John Carter, The Lone Ranger, etc.). Seems backwards, no?

Cancelled Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Thumb Fighter.
Power Connection.
Jump Out The Computer.
Story: HBO, Snyder Plan "Watchmen" TV Series?
Science: Ray Kurzweil: In The 2030s, Nanobots In Our Brains Will Make Us 'Godlike'.
Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Thanks JDreyer.
Media: Black Bear Gnaws on Delta 15s Seakayak in Berg Bay, Alaska. Thanks nin.
Meanwhile in Belarus.
The Slow Mo Guys - Jelly Tennis. Thanks nin.
View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 5, 2015, 02:44 Krovven

Krovven wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 18:57:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 16:11:
Heh, I actually really liked John Carter, Lost in Space, and THe Lone Ranger. I wish they would make sequels to those. Terminator I had no desire to see. The best Terminator stuff to come out since 2 was the canceled TV show, and even that wasn't completely great. I've given up on Aliens as well. (Although I have hope for Blompkamp, Blokamp...however you spell it.)

It is uncertain, and they say it's not, but Blomkamps Alien movie might be dead. Ridley Scott is doing 3 Prometheus movies, which the first has been renamed to Alien: Paradise Lost. So who knows at this point.

Regarding Blomkamp's movie.

Prometheus title change.

Another update. Alien: Paradise Lost is first, then Alien 5...then 2 more movies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 3, 2015, 01:59 Sepharo

Krovven wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:34:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:30:
Krovven wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:28:
It was just really poorly marketed especially being a series that their target audience likely had never even heard of.

I find that hard to believe. I've been tripping over internet/TV references to the book left and right for the past year now with increasing frequency.

This was in 2012. That book series started in 1912 and the John Carter book was 1964 and to my knowledge the property laid dormant until 2012.

Damn you, I deleted it long before this reply

40. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 3, 2015, 01:34 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:30:
Krovven wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:28:
It was just really poorly marketed especially being a series that their target audience likely had never even heard of.

I find that hard to believe. I've been tripping over internet/TV references to the book left and right for the past year now with increasing frequency.

This was in 2012. That book series started in 1912 and the John Carter book was 1964 and to my knowledge the property laid dormant until 2012.

39. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 3, 2015, 01:30 Sepharo

edit: Deleted
Derp mixed up which post was being replied to.

38. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 3, 2015, 01:28 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:24:
Heh, I actually really liked John Carter, Lost in Space, and THe Lone Ranger. I wish they would make sequels to those. Terminator I had no desire to see. The best Terminator stuff to come out since 2 was the canceled TV show, and even that wasn't completely great. I've given up on Aliens as well. (Although I have hope for Blompkamp, Blokamp...however you spell it.)

I thought I was the only person on earth who liked John Carter.
I really want more of it. I have a soft spot for universe building and fish-out-of-water stories.

I enjoyed it too. It was just really poorly marketed especially being a series that their target audience likely had never even heard of. While I like Taylor Kitsch and have since Friday Night Lights...he was miscast for the roll imo. The trailer was horrible and didn't tell the viewer anything of what the story was and only a few lines of dialogue. Is it a western? Is it a sci-fi? A sci-fi western?

37. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 3, 2015, 01:24 Sepharo

I thought I was the only person on earth who liked John Carter.
I really want more of it. I have a soft spot for universe building and fish-out-of-water stories.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2015, 01:21 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 23:00:
Sooooo, has anyone seen The Martian?

It better have a scene of Matt Damon trying to pet and befriend a Martian alien that looks like a cobra. Because we know these things happen in hard sci fi movies, according to Ridley Scott.

I saw it tonight.
It was really good. More laughs than I was expecting. I liked the science better than Europa Report.
Great casting too. Only knew of Damon going in but the other characters are also great.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 23:59 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 23:00:

It better have a scene of Matt Damon trying to pet and befriend a Martian alien that looks like a cobra. Because we know these things happen in hard sci fi movies, according to Ridley Scott.

no sorry to say, said scene is not in the film. what it is, is, sadly, exactly what i was expecting. which was a good movie, don't get me wrong, i was just hoping to be surprised by something transcendent. but it's not, it's survival comedy with a few cheap heart tugs here and there and a lot of matt damon humor.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 23:00 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 22:06 Mr. Tact

Huh, I kinda forgot all about 'Terminator Genisys'. I sorta recall when it was announced, but I must have ignored it after that. Just went and watched the trailer in IMDB -- wow, does it look bad...  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 20:11 Agent.X7

DangerDog wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 18:21:
Rossini wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 11:33:
Imagine if Star Wars had started with Episode 1.

What if Episode 1 is better than 7?

Yeah, that's not possible.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 20:10 Agent.X7

Whoops.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

30. Re: Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s. Oct 2, 2015, 18:57 Krovven

It is uncertain, and they say it's not, but Blomkamps Alien movie might be dead. Ridley Scott is doing 3 Prometheus movies, which the first has been renamed to Alien: Paradise Lost. So who knows at this point.

Regarding Blomkamp's movie.

Prometheus title change.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 18:33 Julio

I can only hope that this leads to a better chance Arnold gets around to doing Conan again. At this rate he'll die of old age before it gets made.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 18:21 DangerDog

Rossini wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 11:33:
Imagine if Star Wars had started with Episode 1.

What if Episode 1 is better than 7?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 18:19 DangerDog

They'll make another shitty Terminator movie, if they don't by 2019 the rights revert back to Jim Cameron.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 17:56 jdreyer

Used to be if a movie game did really well it got a sequel an expansion. Nowadays they plan a series game with regularly scheduled DLC and cancel the sequels nothing if the first one tanks because DLC costs are covered by hardcore fanbois.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 17:56 PHJF

Man fuck a bunch of RedLetterMedia, where the shit is my Plinkett Reviews?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 17:51 jdreyer

descender wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 12:37:
Imagine if Watchmen was a Marvel property?

I'll support anything HBO wants to do... the network super-hero shows are so terrible.

I know lots of people didn't like Snyder's Watchmen movie, but I really liked it. I've seen it a few times. It will be interesting to see how much HBO borrows from Snyder if this gets made.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2015, 17:49 jdreyer

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 10:24:
And it was better than the last two. Granted, a low bar, but still...

I went in expecting to like Jai and Emilia, and thinking Arnold would tank. Funny how it was completely opposite. The Arnold stuff was all the best and most clever stuff, and anything with the two stars was just awful. I rewatched the original, and not only do the characters have much more chemistry, the desperation and stakes just seem so much greater. And James Cameron is not known for creating emotional characters.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >