Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming

NVIDIA announces their GRID cloud gaming service is now known as GeForce NOW, claiming this is the first to offer 1080p, 60 FPS gaming over the internet. Word is: "GeForce NOW is your game library in the sky. See all the titles we offer from a game series at a glance — like the LEGO collection or the Batman Arkham series — for binge gaming. Use voice search to find your favorite games. Search through games by category. Or quickly browse the latest and most popular games." Here's more:
Next-Gen Quality

GeForce NOW is the first cloud-gaming service to stream at full high-definition 1080p quality and at 60 frames per second. Membership costs just $7.99 a month with the first three months free. GeForce NOW arrives on Oct. 1 in North America, the European Union and Japan with more than 50 popular games included. And it offers members the option to buy and play many more in an instant.

Get the Latest GeForce Gaming Technology with a Single Click

GeForce NOW is all about instant gratification. But it took us a decade to invent the technology behind the service that streams GeForce GTX-quality graphics to SHIELD devices.

GeForce NOW is a service designed, built and operated all by NVIDIA. We’ve optimized every piece of the technology behind GeForce NOW for gaming. That includes the low-latency game controller we built for SHIELD. The Tegra processors we built for our SHIELD devices. The advanced game engine we built into our GeForce GTX-powered servers.

So you’ll enjoy games at their best. You’ll enjoy GameWorks enhancements for special effects. And your experience will get better every year as we build more powerful GPUs and gaming technologies into GeForce NOW.

Think of GeForce NOW as your gaming supercomputer in the cloud. Next-gen gaming is now easy and instant.
View

43. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Oct 5, 2015, 15:03 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 11:03:
I appreciate that you've explained all of that to me. I've had so much going on in the last two months that I have not had but a few minutes here and there to keep current on things related to gaming and computing. I would like nothing more than to sit down for an hour or two and go over it bit by bit but I just don't have the time. But that doesn't mean I'm not interested.

You are quite welcome. I'd rather inform than get in to an internet slapfight over an "us vs them" mentality. I also understand not having the time to pursue all the areas that interest you. Hell, if knowing this stuff wasn't part of my job, I'd probably not know half as much as I do.

I realize tone is a very hard thing to project in online communication, however I assure you that I was not frothing at the mouth, nor was I stamping my feet like a mad little boy. I will apologize though, as I broke one of my cardinal rules when commenting here at Blues. I don't post unless I have the time to fully explain my reasons (and any replies afterward) and I don't post if I don't know what I'm talking about. My other rule is that I don't post when I'm angry, tired, drunk, or hyper. As a writer, I tend to suffer from 'writers block' on occasion, however for the last few months I've been having a really hard time transferring my thoughts to words. Even when I'm talking this has become a serious problem, the words I want to say are there in my head but I just can't get them out. I know what I want to say, just I don't know how. And it's been getting worse. I should have kept my 'mouth' shut in this instance instead of going full-bore fanboy and putting 'MSW' on blast. I stepped into an argument I wasn't equipped to handle and I was more annoyed at my own inability to get out what I meant than what MSW was saying and that shows in my responses.

I think for now, I'm just going to silently lurk and read until I have the ability to adequately and respectfully discuss something. Again, I appreciate you breaking down the details, I wish sites would do that more often for those of us that don't have hours to devote to comparing stats and benchmarks...

=-Rigs-=

I absolutely understand. Normally I try to be calm and rational, with a snide of lighthearted snark here and there. There are some days, though, I can't articulate what I want to say even if what I wanted to say was "The sky is blue". For me, that usually starts on the 8th or 9th day of an insomnia streak and then it's like I'm a lunatic off his meds. I hope you get it worked out and get your "voice" back, so to speak.

Again, you are quite welcome. If at any time I can be of service like that, send me an email through the site and I'll get back to you as soon as I am able.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 30, 17:35 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming jacobvandy
  2. Sep 30, 18:23 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming WaltC
  3. Sep 30, 18:49  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming SirKnight
  5. Sep 30, 22:15  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming theglaze
  6. Sep 30, 22:26  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Burrito of Peace
  8. Sep 30, 22:45   Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Cutter
  10. Sep 30, 22:52    Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Burrito of Peace
  11. Sep 30, 23:33  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Megalodon
  12. Oct 1, 00:19   Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming PHJF
  13. Oct 1, 00:40   Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Rigs
  16. Oct 1, 04:46    Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Orogogus
  17. Oct 1, 08:07    Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Megalodon
  19. Oct 1, 09:15     Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Rigs
  22. Oct 1, 10:40      Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Megalodon
  23. Oct 1, 13:42       Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming swaaye
  24. Oct 1, 14:24       Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Rigs
  27. Oct 1, 15:53        Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Megalodon
  31. Oct 1, 19:25         Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Rigs
  38. Oct 2, 09:48        Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Verno
  39. Oct 2, 13:27         Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Rigs
  40. Oct 2, 15:15          Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Verno
  41. Oct 3, 23:33          Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Burrito of Peace
  42. Oct 5, 11:03           Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Rigs
>> 43. Oct 5, 15:03            Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Burrito of Peace
  4. Sep 30, 21:34 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming jdreyer
  7. Sep 30, 22:34 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming loomy
  9. Sep 30, 22:46 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Creston
  15. Oct 1, 04:11  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming InBlack
  14. Oct 1, 04:01 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Kxmode
  18. Oct 1, 08:10 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming harlock
  20. Oct 1, 09:32 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Desalus
  26. Oct 1, 15:21  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming jdreyer
  21. Oct 1, 10:30 Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Timmeh
  29. Oct 1, 17:01  Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming nin
  30. Oct 1, 18:47   Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Burrito of Peace
  33. Oct 1, 20:03    Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Megalodon