Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December

Atari announces they are now accepting pre-purchases of RollerCoaster Tycoon World through the official website and Steam, and that the next installment in the theme park series will be released on December 10th. Here's a recent behind-the-scenes trailer, and here's word:
RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available on December 10, 2015 in a Standard Version for $49.99 or Deluxe Edition for $59.99. The Deluxe Edition includes two unique building maps, terrain additions, a digital art book, and the classic Panda mascot

The pre-order program starts today for a limited time. By pre-ordering now, fans will be able to play RollerCoaster Tycoon World before the official launch date with access to two exclusive beta programs. Fans will also be offered the unique opportunity to provide feedback and comments and contribute to the development of the game.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 30, 2015, 09:04 SpectralMeat

I think it looks pretty cool. Hopefully it will run well.  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 30, 2015, 05:05 eRe4s3r

KTR wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 03:55:
Devinoch wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 03:47:
This "Nvizzio" doesn't have a great track record for products thusfar, I'm sorry to say...

What track record? According to their website, this is their first game.

Kinda his point I guess ;p

10. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 30, 2015, 03:55 KTR

Devinoch wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 03:47:
This "Nvizzio" doesn't have a great track record for products thusfar, I'm sorry to say...

What track record? According to their website, this is their first game.

9. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 30, 2015, 03:47 Devinoch

Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

8. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 23:20 Cutter

Looks good but looks like a total pig to run.

7. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 21:20 The Half Elf

I do NOT want to hear from the Exec. Producer from Atari. They haven't made a game in DECADES.
"What WE did in Tycoon 1-3" BULLSHIT SIR. You did NOTHING.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

6. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 20:06 KTR

PHJF wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 17:50:
The fuck has Chris Sawyer been doing all this time, anyways?

Enjoying his quiet retirement.

5. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 18:29 Rhett

Still looks really cool and overdue, though... Guess we'll have to wait and see.  

4. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 17:50 PHJF

The fuck has Chris Sawyer been doing all this time, anyways?

This looks way more like RCT than RCT3 (which I like to pretend doesn't exist).

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 17:42 eRe4s3r

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 17:26:

I still don't understand what Atari is these days. Is it a name? Company? Publisher? Developer?

It's a publisher.... sort of. It's Namco Bandai Games undercover I guess? I assume they bought all assets when Atari SA went bankrupt and are now essentially running with the Atari name for reasons unknown.

So I guess they are a legit publisher, but the real company behind is Namco Bandai Games

2. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 17:26 Rattlehead

From what I've heard it has only a fraction of the content the previous games had upon launch. So yea, you can bet your ass they will milk this with DLC. Also, you can tell the game just reeks upon launch when they have to use the buzzwords "next generation" 2 times in a row in that crappy video. Also, just look at how much "corporate marketing" that video stinks of. Do you think they are actually saying anything to each other when it shows them looking at the computer while he moves his hand?

How many devs has this game gone through? I mean sure the graphics got a big upgrade but they still look dated and bland. I mean for a "next-gen" game there is barely any difference between this and RCT3.

The spline based coaster system seems awesome though, there was nothing more frustrating than finally finishing a huge coaster to have the track 1 tile off to the right or left from the last connecting piece. Also, yay for mods!

I still don't understand what Atari is these days. Is it a name? Company? Publisher? Developer?

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 17:33.

1. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 17:13 Echo Red Park

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck...  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >