Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

I woke up to a computer problem today. My PC had not put itself to sleep, and a fan was running at full speed. It's hard to see the connection, but I also had repeated crashes trying to launch FrontPage 2003, my antiquated HTML editor. I reinstalled the editor, but continue to have problems, though I eventually found a way to work around them. Certainly an aggravating start to the week, but at least I have it under control for the time being.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Elite Squad.
Link: Psyop - Seeing the World through a Dog’s Eyes. Thanks Kxmode.
Science: Big announcement: Did NASA just find liquid water on Mars? Thanks David.
Media: Insane Frisbee Throw and Catch Off of Bridge.
Motorbike makes a run for it.
History of Racing Video Games (1974-2011).
The Funnies: Stylus vs Ball Pen.
View

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 13:15 PHJF

Think he is suggesting the ACA did absolutely nothing to address the root diseases (if you will) afflicting the American healthcare system. Poverty causes people to "abuse" the ER. Abuse of the ER drives up healthcare costs across the board. Sky-high healthcare costs render insurance untenable for the impoverished. Goto ER.

Really the only thing the ACA accomplished in the end was curbing denial of insurance or claims rejection due to that "pre-existing condition" horse shit. Or I would assume, I don't know of actual numbers on that. For the vast swathes of Americans living at or near a minimum wage that hasn't been able to support "living" in decades, insurance remains unaffordable.

As long as for-profit insurance exists, there will be no real improvement to the healthcare system. ACA was a half measure in a battle where there can be none.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 28, 10:03 Re: Out of the Blue Verno
  2. Sep 28, 10:48 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  3. Sep 28, 12:36 Re: Out of the Blue Mr. Tact
  4. Sep 28, 13:11  Re: Out of the Blue Pigeon
  5. Sep 28, 17:58 Re: Out of the Blue ForgedReality
  6. Sep 28, 18:47 Re: Out of the Blue Tipsy McStagger
  11. Sep 29, 10:00  Re: Out of the Blue descender
>> 12. Sep 29, 13:15   Re: Out of the Blue PHJF
  13. Sep 29, 13:41    Re: Out of the Blue descender