Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score

Behind the Score with Inon Zur on Bethesda.net talks with the composer about his soundtrack for Fallout 4, Bethesda's upcoming RPG sequel. Zur discusses his influences and how the score for the new game will differ from its predecessors. There are also sample tracks as well as a video of him playing the Fallout 4 theme on piano. Here's a bit:
But what specifically does that mean in terms of the Fallout 4 score? And how is it different from previous Fallout scores? For Zur, it’s about capturing the humanity of the game. From his first meeting with Audio Director Mark Lampert and Game Director Todd Howard, Zur felt that this game – more than any previous Fallout – is a very personal story. Which is why Zur suggested having the piano play a prominent role in the game’s score, as he felt the piano could capture the more personal nature of Fallout 4.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 16:25 Creston

Well, of course I could have GOOGLED it, but that would have been boring!

Anyway, dang, that's an impressive list. Like I said, never heard his name before but I definitely recognize a lot of the music. Should be cool then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 16:17 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 16:17:
nin wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 16:04:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 15:57:
Anyway, who is Inon Zur? Has he done anything? (and death to you who say "He did Fallout 4!" )

I'm going to assume this is /sarc

No, I have genuinely never heard of the guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inon_Zur#Video_games

8. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 16:17 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 16:04:
Anyway, who is Inon Zur? Has he done anything? (and death to you who say "He did Fallout 4!" )

No, I have genuinely never heard of the guy.

7. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 16:04 nin

6. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 15:57 Creston

and how the score for the new game will differ from its predecessors

It'll be the only thing that differs from its predecessors. The artists just repackaged all their textures in a 2048x2048 format and called it a day.

5. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 13:45 swaaye

It's just preference. Fallout 1/2 have a somewhat different tone to them than what Bethesda builds. New Vegas uses some of the ambient music from Fallout 1.

To me the problem with the post apocalyptic world of Fallout is more the goofy humor and weird perpetual '50s thing that it also uses. This is just how the series is. It's why I preferred what STALKER did.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2015, 13:51.

4. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 13:10 PHJF

Soapy orchestral score? Skyrim? Are you some kind of massive dolt? 90% of Skyrim's OST is ambient, exactly the kind of music suited to the game.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 12:13 Doma

Amen to that! Bring back Mark Morgan!

2. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 11:13 Qbex .

wtf, I take dark ambient drone kind of score as in proper first two fallouts any day over that soapy orchestral score Beth peddles in their games. I was so sick of that music in Oblivion, F3 and Skyrim that switching it off or mod swapping it entirely was number one thing on my list before playing. Mad Max game - now this is how you do awesome PA score, lots of environmental ambient sounds, and some awesome short music kicks in when the action start or new vignette shows up.
"Capturing humanity of the game" what a load of bollocks. More and more signs that this game will not be for me.

1. Re: Inon Zur and the Fallout 4 Score Sep 23, 2015, 10:24 Zoopster

Nobody ever asks him how he wound up on Earth, after that whole Rylos debacle.

https://youtu.be/kC2m39OJK40?t=82

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >