Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

I finally had a proper five-man team experience in Heroes of the Storm the other night, as MrKawfy worked up a few friends to join us for a full squad. You may recall we tried this with our regular Monday night mutant gaming crew, but a few of us didn't click with the game, so that was a fail. It's not like this newer group is headed for the esports scene, we are surely just bronze level, but we were able to communicate and coordinate as a team, which is so much easier than trying to do so with strangers who may or may not be on the same page as you. It really does make it into a whole different game, and we had a great time. Very much looking forward to trying that again soon.

Team Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Strike Force Heroes 3.
Defeat All Orcs Games.
Donald Trump Pinball.
Link: Grill Storage Tips for the Winter. Thanks Neutronbeam via Lifehacker.
Story: As Mets Rise, a City Starts to Change Its Pinstripes.
Science: Tuna and mackerel populations suffer catastrophic 74% decline, research shows.
Brazilís Cancer Curse.
Image: Apparently even 7 year old me was a smart ass.
Media: MAD MAX (Honest Game Trailers).
Solicitors Begone.
Kelly Slater Insane Air at Hurley Pro.
Watch 'The Mountain' Lose An Arm Wrestling Match To A Man Half His Size.
Auctions: Janis Joplin's Psychedelic Porsche to Hit Auction Block.
View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 08:46 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 03:00:
Did you read the study? You know the one posted above from the .gov site? If you quit trolling for just 2 seconds and actually read something someone else posted you might not have the worst reputation on Blues you know...

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq/#link/_13

I don't see any study linked there, there are some clinical trials under way though. That site is just a topical on some potential treatments with a very limited scope that in no way indicate a cure. We have discovered many tumor inhibitors for lab animals over the years but they don't always translate to humans. The very limited clinical trials referenced there only apply to liver tumors in rats and could also be attributed to other factors. That's why they are doing trials and not proclaiming "cure your cancer" which is irresponsible and ignorant at this stage of research.

There's a lot more data that needs to be gathered before people start throwing around the term "cure" and start believing every snake oil salesman online. Cancer is too wide reaching for any effective conspiracy, almost every family has been affected by it in some way and it would be impossible to cover up. Hope is a wonderful thing but it can be dangerous too, it shouldn't be thrown around so lightly just to suit one guys penchant for conspiracy theories and seeing boogeymen in every corner.

Playing: Days Gone
Watching: Altered Carbon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 04:38 SlimRam

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:21:
The amount of ignorance in this day and age is simply mind-boggling. Why do I even bother with you idiots? You guys reply without spending any significant time investigating what I said. Pure ignorance! And here I thought that some of you were intelligent enough to connect the dots.

Whatever

Time for me to move on to a place where commenters actually use their brains.

Well Blue, looks like you lost another one to Kotaku

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 15:25:
The amount of ignorance in this day and age is simply mind-boggling. Why do I even bother with you idiots? You guys reply without spending any significant time investigating what I said. Pure ignorance! And here I thought that some of you were intelligent enough to connect the dots.

Whatever

Yes, because we don't believe that magical pot oil will cure cancer we're the morons.

Jesus, there really is one born every minute isn't there?

Rolleyes

Did you read the study? You know the one posted above from the .gov site? If you quit trolling for just 2 seconds and actually read something someone else posted you might not have the worst reputation on Blues you know...

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq/#link/_13

I have a nifty blue line!

29. Re: Brazilís Cancer Curse. Sep 17, 2015, 01:04  RedEye9 

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:18:

Have you read any of the testimonials from the over 5,000 people who have stated that they have been cured? I'm guessing not.

Fake product reviews are a perennial problem on the Internet. Guy Anker, a director of consumer advice experts MoneySavingExpert.com, said: "It is utterly appalling that companies are engaging in practices where they are duping potential customers who just want an honest appraisal of their services."

I only read 3792 of those wonderful reviews. Not one death, wow, this stuff is amazing even for paid fake reviews.

Yeah, about those reviews. Allthumbsup

"If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
and
"There's a sucker born every minute"
Most often credited to P.T. Barnum but probably said by David Hannum.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 22:50 Megalodon

Whatever

Good idea. Maybe at this magical place where people use their brain, you can find people who don't just throw a tantrum when others don't accept their wacky links without any empirical data or studies.

In fact lets hold you to this post, I'll be happy to quote it back to you any time you try to post here in the future ok? Just in case you forgot or perhaps weren't a man of your word.

So have at it Frags4Fun, best of luck in finding a new home where everyone just agrees with you about everything without exercising any critical thought. Sounds like a wonderful place Rolleyes

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 22:38  Mr. Tact 

jdreyer wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 22:22:
Now that marijuana is becoming more mainstream, especially medical, these kinds of studies will be taking off.
Not as long as it's a schedule I drug it won't. If we can some manage to convince them to reduce the level, then yes -- a lot more studies will happen. Opium, Oxycodeon, Morphine, and Cocaine are all schedule II.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2015, 22:46.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

26. Re: Brazilís Cancer Curse. Sep 16, 2015, 22:26  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 15:31:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:53:

They'd rather peddle you bullshit that doesn't work for the rest of your godforsaken life.

I can see them intentionally withholding the cure or the study of the cure. Just so they can watch their own children die a painful premature death caused by cancer.
Makes total sense now that you put it that way.

Why come up with a way to cure mental illness when they can put you on 1-17 prescription medications that you need to take regularly, for the rest. of. your. life?

Right, because the brain is so well understood. One size fits all as I understand it. The silly thing is just made up of fat and water having the consistency of gello.

Certainly Big Pharma is in it to make money. But competition means that if Company A comes up with a better working product than Company B, people will flock to it, and Company B will lose out. So there is motivation for them to make and market stuff that actually works.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 22:22  jdreyer 

Whatever

Hey dude, don't be mad. Given that 99% of such claims are dubious, it's natural for people to be skeptical. It's going to take peer reviewed studies to get more people on board. Now that marijuana is becoming more mainstream, especially medical, these kinds of studies will be taking off. This one, with so many testimonials and high visibility, will be one of the first. Then we'll have a much better handle on it.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

24. Re: Brazilís Cancer Curse. Sep 16, 2015, 19:18  RedEye9 

Julio wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 18:44:
The AMA/FDA/BigPharma etc suppress new medical information and treatments that they don't fully control religiously, why would cancer treatments be any different?

Don't forget all the cancer fundraising charities. There's an entire machine that is 'looking' for a cure (and probably has one). They're not going to give up all that fundraising cash and cure anything.

Hell yes they probably have the cure.
They probably got cures coming out of their ass.

You know what they like more than fundraising?
They like to watch their friends, parents, children and spouses come down with a good case of the Big C. It's a blast.

Nothing better than watching people suffer, especially kids with leukemia, now that's a good time.

All the while knowing that they have the cure.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

23. Re: Brazilís Cancer Curse. Sep 16, 2015, 18:44 Julio

The AMA/FDA/BigPharma etc suppress new medical information and treatments that they don't fully control religiously, why would cancer treatments be any different?

Don't forget all the cancer fundraising charities. There's an entire machine that is 'looking' for a cure (and probably has one). They're not going to give up all that fundraising cash and cure anything.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 17:43 harlock

keep in mind this is the guy that says salt doesnt improve the taste of food

hes fucking batshit

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 16:54  RedEye9 

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 16:36:
There is no one size fits all cure for cancer, cancers themselves are not discrete conditions that always present the same way even in the same tissues. All the links here do is offer information on treatments that have shown promise outside of the "nuke it from orbit" mainstream philosophy of radiation and caustic chemicals that hasn't been improved upon for nearly a fuckin' century. Why is that, though?

I don't blame you for attacking the messenger(s) because you refuse to even attempt to comprehend the implications of the message. It's a lot to take in, to open your mind and re-consider what you have thus far taken for granted and believed to be simple truths. Shaking the foundation of your world view is harder to endure the older you are, especially when it turns out there's not much you can do about it once you finally do see the forest for the trees... Ignorance is bliss, might as well hold on to it while you can.

Critical thinking is beyond this one. sigh

Vaccines Cause Immunity

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 16:49  Mr. Tact 

A, B, Cya!

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 16:36 jacobvandy

There is no one size fits all cure for cancer, cancers themselves are not discrete conditions that always present the same way even in the same tissues. All the links here do is offer information on treatments that have shown promise outside of the "nuke it from orbit" mainstream philosophy of radiation and caustic chemicals that hasn't been improved upon for nearly a fuckin' century. Why is that, though?

I don't blame you for attacking the messenger(s) because you refuse to even attempt to comprehend the implications of the message. It's a lot to take in, to open your mind and re-consider what you have thus far taken for granted and believed to be simple truths. Shaking the foundation of your world view is harder to endure the older you are, especially when it turns out there's not much you can do about it once you finally do see the forest for the trees... Ignorance is bliss, might as well hold on to it while you can.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 16:09  RedEye9 

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 15:45:
You really don't get it if you think the wealthiest people in the world care more about family than they do acquiring even more wealth.

As long as they get one heir out of a litter of brainwashed groomed offspring, I doubt they give a single fuck if the rest of them live or die.

Mind you, this isn't every person who works in pharmaceuticals... Just the ones with the real power.

The ones with the real power, who could that be, this conspiracy is even bigger than I thought.

What if that 'one chosen offspring' you speak of get's cancer. That would totally screw up their master plan.
You didn't think that one through very well.

But there is still hope for your argument, just blame it all on a particular race or religion, say for instance, folks of the Jewish faith (they are some of the wealthiest people around).

As luck would have it, we have already cured cancer with just a few urls. class dismissed.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2015, 16:22.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 15:45 jacobvandy

You really don't get it if you think the wealthiest people in the world care more about family than they do acquiring even more wealth.

That level of greed in itself is a product of mental illness, they simply don't think the same way as us peons do. As long as they get one heir out of a litter of brainwashed groomed offspring, I doubt they give a single fuck if the rest of them live or die.

Mind you, this isn't every person who works in pharmaceuticals... Just the ones with the real power. There are people out there are who are trying to find actual cures, but as soon as they get on to something they are SQUASHED. This one guy has been successfully treating cancer with alternative treatments for decades, and is repeatedly being fucked with by the federal government despite having done nothing illegal or unethical: http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

16. Re: Brazilís Cancer Curse. Sep 16, 2015, 15:31  RedEye9 

They'd rather peddle you bullshit that doesn't work for the rest of your godforsaken life.

I can see them intentionally withholding the cure or the study of the cure. Just so they can watch their own children die a painful premature death caused by cancer.
Makes total sense now that you put it that way.

Why come up with a way to cure mental illness when they can put you on 1-17 prescription medications that you need to take regularly, for the rest. of. your. life?

Right, because the brain is so well understood. One size fits all as I understand it. The silly thing is just made up of fat and water having the consistency of gello.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 15:25  Cutter 

Whatever

Yes, because we don't believe that magical pot oil will cure cancer we're the morons.

Jesus, there really is one born every minute isn't there?

Rolleyes

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve AustinÖI don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

14. Re: Brazilís Cancer Curse. Sep 16, 2015, 14:53 jacobvandy

descender wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:09:
Finding a highly effective therapy would guarantee huge worldwide sales.

And what if Chemotherapy is that "cure" for them? There would be little motivation to find another more effective cure that would result in less follow-up care and less profits wouldn't there? The AMA/FDA/BigPharma etc suppress new medical information and treatments that they don't fully control religiously, why would cancer treatments be any different?

There are lots of new exciting things in the world of curing cancer... but I highly doubt (see what I did there) that THC oils are one of them. I do fully believe in medical applications of THC but this seems like a bit of a stretch. If anyone missed it the VICE special from March on fighting cancer with viruses, it was really good. http://killingcancer.vice.com I don't think the entire episode is up there but it's worth finding.

You're spot on about them being anything BUT interested in a quick and easy cure for cancer. Only a complete idiot could believe big pharma is truly interested in making the world a better place... A sure-fire cure and/or vaccine would definitely sell like hotcakes, but only ONE TIME per person. They'd rather peddle you bullshit that doesn't work for the rest of your godforsaken life. They're already making so much money that way, and they're saving so much more by not doing any more research, so what reason do they have to come up with a better way? Why come up with a way to cure mental illness when they can put you on 1-17 prescription medications that you need to take regularly, for the rest. of. your. life?

As for marijuana curing cancer, that's actually a bit of a misconception. It's not the THC that is used in medicinal applications for the most part, in fact the cannabinoid treatments being used to fight disease and even cancer won't get you high at all. It's not the same oil you would take and use to make brownies for a party with your friends, lol. Just as there are a million different strains being bred for various affects on the high, there are many plants being bred to accentuate other chemical components that actually have shown promise in treating ailments. How convenient that those independent researchers and doctors are unable to patent their discoveries because the base material is still illegal on a federal level... =/

13. Grill Storage Tips Sep 16, 2015, 14:40  RedEye9 

Where I live the average temps for Dec and Jan are in the 60s, making these tips superfluous.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2015, 14:56.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >