Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch

Following a false start, an "interim patch" is now available for the Windows edition of Batman: Arkham Knight, which was so broken upon release, sales of the superhero sequel were suspended until things could be sorted out. As the interim tag suggests, there may still be issues, but this should address a variety of problems. This Steam Community Group Announcement from WBIE has the details:
Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch:

Reduced frame rate hitches
Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
Fixed low resolution texture bugs
Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.
View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 5, 2015, 09:23 harlock

Kxmode wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 15:13:
NeOCidE wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 14:09:
I came here for comedy........I received comedy

That's not what I received. Smoking

was it a load of some kind? as in a post-insertion situation?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 17:36 Xero

*whispers* I bought this last night on the cheapo, hoping for it to finally get patched to completion so I can have a fully playable BAK on the cheapo before prices skyrocket again upon it's re-release.  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 16:12 Krovven

Haven't spent a lot of time with it yet, just loaded it up for 10min. High res graphics look much better now, but framerate still tanks (from 60fps to 30fps) when in the Batmobile doing hard turns. Messing around that was the only framerate drop I would get with max settings.

Otherwise, not much has changed for me as far as performance goes compared to prepatch.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2015, 16:23.

20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 16:10 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 15:41:

Some penicillin should clear that right up.

Pray

Well I wouldn't go so far as to equate the humour on BluesNews to the aftermath of a Taco Bell meal.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

19. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:42 jomisab

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 15:33:
Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 15:00:

By that logic, just as long as a publisher is willing to patch something, we should never complain at the state that something is launched.

Sorry, but that doesn't fly.

They pulled the game out of stores, physical and digital. That's not just "willing to patch it". You'll never see EA pull a Battlefield game, and those are always a disaster at launch. Batman isn't back on Steam, the current patch is an interim for those who still want to play the game anyway.

Also, Half-Elf, it won't be terribly surprising if the game will always need 4gb of video memory to run at max settings. As more games are made to use the 8gb that consoles have, more games will need 4gb or more on PC to use everything at max.

But games like Witcher 3 and Mad Max make me think that "needing" 4GB or more of video RAM is mostly a case of poor optimization. I'm running GTX 970's and don't drop below 60fps with either of those titles with everything maxed at 2560x1440. They're smooth as butter at all times.

18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:41 Cutter

Some penicillin should clear that right up.

Pray

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:36 ColoradoHoudini

Looks like a Soldier of Fortune clone, no thanks.  

16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:33 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 15:00:

By that logic, just as long as a publisher is willing to patch something, we should never complain at the state that something is launched.

They pulled the game out of stores, physical and digital. That's not just "willing to patch it". You'll never see EA pull a Battlefield game, and those are always a disaster at launch. Batman isn't back on Steam, the current patch is an interim for those who still want to play the game anyway.

Also, Half-Elf, it won't be terribly surprising if the game will always need 4gb of video memory to run at max settings. As more games are made to use the 8gb that consoles have, more games will need 4gb or more on PC to use everything at max.

15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:13 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:02 CJ_Parker

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 14:39:
Being mad that they're righting the ship is like making fun of the fat guy at the gym.

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:00 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 14:39:
They're putting an awful lot of work into it. Should it have been done this way already? Of course. Being mad that they're righting the ship is like making fun of the fat guy at the gym.

12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:39 HoSpanky

Well, to be fair, it's SOME Nvidia cards, not all. And do they mean 8GB OR MORE, or LESS, or just exactly 8? Because that WILL lower the number of people with that setup.

I'm just glad they didn't abandon it, saying "well it was free!" for the people with Nvidia bundles, and giving refunds to the others and then shelving it. They're putting an awful lot of work into it. Should it have been done this way already? Of course. Being mad that they're righting the ship is like making fun of the fat guy at the gym. They know they made mistakes, but now they're fixing them. It takes time. I'd love to be playing this game, but I'm ok with waiting until it's done before doing so.

WB is keenly aware that people will avoid other games with their brand on PC until those games are proven to work. This mistake cost them an astounding amount of money and goodwill, especially for Rocksteady.

11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:35 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 14:14:
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play

Well, who on earth has THAT as their gaming PC configuration???! {/sarcasm}

Thanks for spending literally zero minutes testing your game, WB.

It get's worse. According to the VRAM-O-Matic™ (like in GTA 4 and 5) you need just OVER 4 gigs of video ram to run at max settings.

Adding support for latest DLC and Season Pass, you mean that you're giving that away to anyone who bought the game right?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:19 Wookiestick

Huge boost in performance for my Geforce 960 with 4 GB of of vRAM with this patch. Roughly 40-80% fps improvements depending on the area, the least gain with the Batmobile stuff.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2015, 21:54.

Love thy wookie.

9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:14 Creston

Well, who on earth has THAT as their gaming PC configuration???! {/sarcasm}

Thanks for spending literally zero minutes testing your game, WB.

8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:09 NeOCidE

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 13:01 NegaDeath

At launch?  

6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 12:37 The Half Elf

....right out of 'the box'?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

5. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 12:23 Quinn

...............do?  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 11:59 jomisab

...what it's supposed to...  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >