Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

World of Warships This Month

Wargaming announces World of Warships, will weigh anchor on September 17th, as that is the official launch date for their multiplayer naval strategy game. Those interested can visit a localized site for this for North America, Europe, and Asia, and here's word:
Wargaming today announced World of Warships will officially launch on September 17. After dominating new ground with World of Tanks, and conquering the skies with World of Warplanes, World of Warships arrives, bringing thrilling naval warfare to players everywhere. The highly anticipated game of strategic naval combat will set sail with four classes of ships, a vast selection of historic vessels and endless strategic approaches to winning the fight for the high seas.

“Based on our Open Beta success with World of Warships, Wargaming is poised to launch our next big game,” stated Fred Menou, Head of Global Publishing, Wargaming. “With 2 million participants and the average player spending 3 hours a day in game we have an armada of sea captains ready to take the helm of the ultimate naval combat game.”

On September 17th, players will have four distinct classes of warships to command, featuring some of history’s most iconic vessels including legendary battleship Yamato and aircraft carrier Midway. Two full Tech Trees from the U.S. and Japan are available at launch, and several vessels from the U.K, Germany, and the U.S.S.R, including Warspite, Tirpitz, and Aurora also enter the fight. In total, there are currently over 80 historical vessels available, with more nations on their way this year.
View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 4, 2015, 12:28 Madoc Owain

How will Wargaming make the Russian vessels OP? IRL, wasn't the Russian navy leftover WWI vessels with some Lend-Lease thrown in?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 4, 2015, 02:41 InBlack

I got to Tier VI US battleships (New Mexico) which is really nice, but I stopped playing because the game simply became too repetitive. Also the grind. Ugh, the grind. It gave me flashbacks from WOT. Wargaming's fans are fucking gluttons for punishment. I say fuck em.  

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:34 Axis

delete  

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:17 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 12:23:
I've been very addicted to this game for over a month however yesterday's patch with the unnecessary nerfs, added match-making time, and a delayed premium ship has turned me off from it. I'll be taking a break from it to play BF4 with the new and free DLC.

That's silly. Unnecessary nerfs? Like what? They have been releasing tons of Premium Ships, too many in fact, because of the marketing pushes they were doing over the last 2 months for Gamescon and PAX. Premium Ships should come after fixing the broken balance issues.

7. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:12 Krovven

This is really premature. They only just launched the 4.1 patch yesterday after a couple weeks on Public Test. It hasn't even had a chance to settle in and see if the changes they made really made a difference for the better.

It's a great game, but still work to be done, especially in the upper tiers.

Navyfield is a completely different style of game. They can hardly be compared other than they both are about Navy ships.

6. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 12:28 SpectralMeat

Wash Washburne wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 12:26:
Anybody knows if they will do another wipe before the official release on Sept 17th?
No more account wipes

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 12:26 Turd Ferguson

Anybody knows if they will do another wipe before the official release on Sept 17th?  

4. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 12:23 TangledThorns

I've been very addicted to this game for over a month however yesterday's patch with the unnecessary nerfs, added match-making time, and a delayed premium ship has turned me off from it. I'll be taking a break from it to play BF4 with the new and free DLC.  

3. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 12:15 Keith

I tried Navy Field and didn't care for it. Just didn't grab me. Dropped in to WoWS for a few and have been enjoying it immensely for the past few days. Good stuff. Very satisfying to torp others or watch their ammo mags blow up.

Navy Field 2, I meant. On Steam.

2. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 11:58 Simon Says

Fleche wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 10:18:
It's a pretty good way to kill an hour. I kind of like it more than WoT.

Pure crap in the genre compared to Navyfield 2 tho.

1. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 10:18 Fleche

It's a pretty good way to kill an hour. I kind of like it more than WoT.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >