Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Evening Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 3, 2015, 00:46 EricFate

And by Ad Free, they mean each thing you watch starts and ends with an ad. No thanks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2015, 20:40 Saboth

I'll probably subscribe now. Haven't fooled with Hulu due to ads. Just don't watch ads. I don't care if its 15, 30, 90 seconds, I'm not watching them. I'll gladly pay $12 for Hulu wo ads. Hell, I pay $7 a month for Crunchyroll without ads, and they only show a quick single ad for each show if you don't subscribe.  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2015, 20:37 Aero

Back when it was newish, and Hulu put a 15 or 30 second advertisement in the usual two or three minute ad breaks for shows, that was perfect. At the very least, I won't pay attention to several minutes of advertising. It's more likely I will find some way to circumvent it or just not watch at all. 15 or 30 seconds, on the other hand, is quick enough so that I may as well just keep paying attention. I can remember advertisements I saw on Hulu five years ago, but can't think of a single current TV ad.

It may be that I'm not typical, but it's a shame that model didn't work out and the ads became more valuable with their scarcity. It was win-win. I get to watch shows for free, they get to target ads at me that though fewer in number, I'll actually watch.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2015, 20:21 Axis

Julio wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 18:19:
Axis wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 17:27:
I already predicted this will make little to no difference for Hulu.

Although it appears to be an interesting option, what's the point when Hulu carries the past five episodes only of recent shows.

That and the fact that many episodes in series can only be viewed on a personal computer. The vast majority of people just don't have the time or desire to hack it (laptop to hdmi or similar), and if they do they usually end up cancelling.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2015, 18:19 Julio

Axis wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 17:27:

Although it appears to be an interesting option, what's the point when Hulu carries the past five episodes only of recent shows.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2015, 17:27 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >