Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released

Steam News announces the release of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN. Konami offers a new Official Debriefing video to celebrate the news, a live clip featuring Kojima and his groovy glasses as well as a couple of very sentimental messages. Here's word from their update on the news:
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today releases the eagerly awaited METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, XboxOne™, Xbox 360 and via Steam.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN is the series’ largest and most ambitious edition to date, expanding upon themes and content seen in its predecessor: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES. Set within huge open-world environments, METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN is brought to vivid life with realistic weather patterns and day/night cycles. Thus, players can adapt their tactics to match the changing environment, creating an intuitive and non-linear gameplay experience. Similarly, a host of acclaimed METAL GEAR SOLID features return in hugely advanced forms, including expanded CQC (Close-Quarter Combat) skills, vastly improved enemy AI, online elements that complement the single player campaign, and an all-new version of METAL GEAR ONLINE, a competitive multiplayer mode, included within the main game and which goes live on October 6th.

KONAMI’s groundbreaking title sets a new standard in stealth-action, with the series’ famed sneaking elements greatly expanded within the sprawling play area. A host of new characters – both allies and enemies – tell a story driven by revenge, as franchise protagonist Big Boss enters a series of battlefields following the deaths of his colleagues. Central to the game is a hideously disfigured adversary known as Skull Face, while the ongoing conflict also introduces the new, iconic characters, such as the mysterious Quiet – a mute female sniper with incredible abilities.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 22:10 Ultra

74 bucks is a lot? Nintendo 64 games were 69 buck back in 1997 for fuck sakes.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 13:46 Agent.X7

gsilver wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 00:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 23:09:
I guess I didn't realize that not only does Metal Gear have a bit of sci-fi future tech but it also has a supernatural element as well. Not sure I remember that from the NES game or Zero. (The only 2 I have played.)
You like Castlevania, don't you?

NO! The first game pissed me off so bad I never went back.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

31. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 11:42 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 10:14:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 00:09:
I've changed my mind on this game after completing the into and the first mission.

I absolutely f'ing hate the inability to map my keys as I see fit.

Go download AutoHot Key. you can then remap your keys by a script that you run for the game. best thing ever!!

Totally. Autohotkey can fix pretty much any game that inexplicably locks you out of binding certain keys (cough Witcher 2 cough)

30. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 10:14 Darks

I've changed my mind on this game after completing the into and the first mission.

I have a Naga and a Nostromo, and I cannot bind the common keys I want to the buttons how I like them. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary either, this is awful.
Also- in the menu, it's built 100% for a gamepad, there is ZERO mouse support in the menu.. none, zip.. it doesnt work.. you have to use your arrow keys like a peasant.

the FoV hasn't bothered me yet, and the locked frame rate is fine for me at a solid 60fps.. the game looks great.

I just wish I could remap the keys how I want them.. why is this even a problem???

Go download AutoHot Key. you can then remap your keys by a script that you run for the game. best thing ever!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

29. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 09:31 harlock

its unapologetically japanese and thats what is best about it.. its a bit similar to demons souls like that - but metal gear does the wacky weird stuff so much better because its way over the top and then super subtle and so on... good stuff

anyways this game is fucking bad ass.. much better than the preview video playthrus, they clearly added more shit

for example the enemies definitely will see something/someone flying up into the air via transport balloon if you arent careful.. lots of AI details actually, its well done

28. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 09:26 HorrorScope

I have a Naga and a Nostromo, and I cannot bind the common keys I want to the buttons how I like them. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary either, this is awful.
Also- in the menu, it's built 100% for a gamepad, there is ZERO mouse support in the menu.. none, zip.. it doesnt work.. you have to use your arrow keys like a peasant.

the FoV hasn't bothered me yet, and the locked frame rate is fine for me at a solid 60fps.. the game looks great.

I just wish I could remap the keys how I want them.. why is this even a problem???

Why wouldn't you just make a profile on the Nostromo and Naga to what the games are? If can work that way as well. Not saying non-bindable keys don't suck, but you have the hardware to work that way.

27. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 08:09 Dmitri_M

I'll get this after I've gotten my money's worth from Mad Max.

ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:49:
Sounds made up by a 5 year old.

Well apparently it was designed by a Japanese guy for consoles.

26. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 00:50 gsilver

I guess I didn't realize that not only does Metal Gear have a bit of sci-fi future tech but it also has a supernatural element as well. Not sure I remember that from the NES game or Zero. (The only 2 I have played.)
You like Castlevania, don't you?

25. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 00:26 Paranoid Jack

KTR wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 00:17:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:38:
Does anyone know if Ground Zeros comes with all CD Keys or just from a Steam purchase directly?

That was a preorder incentive, which is gone now.

Also if I play Ground Zeros on the PS4 and upload my save will it transfer over to the PC version on Steam?

Nope.

Well, poop. Thanks for clearing that up though.

24. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 00:17 KTR

Does anyone know if Ground Zeros comes with all CD Keys or just from a Steam purchase directly?

That was a preorder incentive, which is gone now.

Also if I play Ground Zeros on the PS4 and upload my save will it transfer over to the PC version on Steam?

Nope.

23. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 00:09 ColoradoHoudini

22. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 23:25 HorrorScope

The first hour or so of the game is a prelude that takes place after you wake up from a 9 year coma. For the first hour of the game, I basically kept repeating "what the fuck is going on?" over and over.

Then I hit the first open world mission and it started to make sense...right up until the end which had me WTFing all over again. I guess I didn't realize that not only does Metal Gear have a bit of sci-fi future tech but it also has a supernatural element as well. Not sure I remember that from the NES game or Zero. (The only 2 I have played.)

Ahem...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfwor712Yg8

21. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 23:24 Fantaz

Axis wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:51:
Another poorly made port.

It has a hard coded 60 frames lock, bad port.
It has a narrow and unchangeable FOV, bad port.
It has a load of controls unmappable, bad port.

I really wanted to jump in on this, but it's an automatic no-buy from me when I see these core issues over and over again.

be glad that they at least ported it to come out at the same time as consoles. PC is the only place you can play this at 4K resolution with better antialiasing and graphics.

20. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 23:09 Agent.X7

The first hour or so of the game is a prelude that takes place after you wake up from a 9 year coma. For the first hour of the game, I basically kept repeating "what the fuck is going on?" over and over.

Then I hit the first open world mission and it started to make sense...right up until the end which had me WTFing all over again. I guess I didn't realize that not only does Metal Gear have a bit of sci-fi future tech but it also has a supernatural element as well. Not sure I remember that from the NES game or Zero. (The only 2 I have played.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

19. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 22:58 Paranoid Jack

ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:49:
Drayth wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 20:50:
Cliffsnotes.

Wow that made no sense. Sounds made up by a 5 year old.

LoL, I was thinking the same thing... well, worse. I gave up on it maybe three or four minutes in. Sounded too cray cray as the kids use to say.

18. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 22:16 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:40:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 18:00:
The game is 75 canadian... Even more than Fallout 4... That's a little too much.

I'm hearing an awful lot of that these days from people. It's really reminding me of the very late 90's and early 00's when we got fucked in the neck on game prices. Paying $70-90 for a new release is insane, and all this is going to do is cause an increase in piracy and people buying from shady sites.

Or waiting. Let's face it, very few games are released these days that most of us around here will day one anymore. And especially when we're getting screwed on regional pricing. If I can find a cheap key on G2A or the like cool, if not I'll wait or just skip it. These producers that think most Canadian PC gamers are going to be spending that on games are fucking stoned. And of course when they see the corresponding sales decline THEN they'll attribute it to piracy - and not their own greed and stupidity obviously. With hyper inflation on food and real estate and wage loss against said inflation ain't no one got that kinda bread to waste on games anymore.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
- Winston Churchill

17. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 21:51 Axis

Another poorly made port.

It has a hard coded 60 frames lock, bad port.
It has a narrow and unchangeable FOV, bad port.
It has a load of controls unmappable, bad port.

I really wanted to jump in on this, but it's an automatic no-buy from me when I see these core issues over and over again.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 21:49 ItBurn

Drayth wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 20:50:
Cliffsnotes.

Wow that made no sense. Sounds made up by a 5 year old.

15. No subject Sep 1, 2015, 21:40 Mashiki Amiketo

ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 18:00:
The game is 75 canadian... Even more than Fallout 4... That's a little too much.

I'm hearing an awful lot of that these days from people. It's really reminding me of the very late 90's and early 00's when we got fucked in the neck on game prices. Paying $70-90 for a new release is insane, and all this is going to do is cause an increase in piracy and people buying from shady sites.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 21:38 Paranoid Jack

Does anyone know if Ground Zeros comes with all CD Keys or just from a Steam purchase directly? Also if I play Ground Zeros on the PS4 and upload my save will it transfer over to the PC version on Steam?

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >