Re: Evening Consolidation
Aug 22, 2015, 10:10
Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 22, 2015, 10:10
Aug 22, 2015, 10:10

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 22:11:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 21:04:
So nin, did you play Wander?

I don't even recall it coming out. I just thought it was a good read from s different perspective most of us don't see.

It's definitely a good read, and something anyone thinking about getting into the industry should take a few minutes to enjoy. Personally I cringed the entire way through. Just the whole premise of someone being brought into development on an MMO without any experience in the industry and essentially became their sole tester... just

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO! no no no no no no no ! NO! NOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"A lot of the other team members weren't from a game background"

As far as I can tell it's their first and only product. The link to the developer on the game site loops back to its own start page. The person listed in the article as the programmer is listed as the Press / Business Contact on the site.

A core team of no more than 10 people and only 3 full time? For an MMO?

I admit I'm harsh here, they deserve some recognition for being able to tough it out and manage to release something. But if it's so narrative heavy as implied throughout their website, then why did it actually need to be an MMO rather than an engrossing single player experience? I mean real objective justification as to why having all that extra technical framework was necessary for the narrative - not just because the lead decided they wanted to make an MMO.

They've apparently got more content and story planned. Why did they not implement that first rather than face the incredibly challenging technical difficulties involved in making an MMO? I can't answer that question and hindsight is always 20/20 but still, I cannot wrap my head around why anyone with a real clue on development would make that initial decision.
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 21, 2015Aug 21 2015
Aug 21, 2015Aug 21 2015
Aug 22, 2015Aug 22 2015
  Re: Evening Consolidation