Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out

Battle.net announces that they are getting set to start doling out gold refunds to customers who double-purchased items in Heroes of the Storm when buying bundles as they promised they would when they recently announced the addition of dynamic bundles to the MOBA. They also announce that the Diablo-themed Battlefield of Eternity map is out of the rotation until they can address an issue that caused it to sometimes crash the game. Here's word on that:
We've discovered an issue with Battlefield of Eternity that can cause games to crash, and have removed this Battleground from the matchmaking pool until we can roll out a fix.

We're investigating the issue now, and hope to have a fix released as soon as possible. For the time being, you can still play on Battlefield of Eternity using Custom Games, but it has been removed from Versus A.I., Quick Match, and Ranked.

We'll let you know just as soon as Battlefield of Eternity is available in matchmaking queues once more.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out
Aug 22, 2015, 00:00
Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 22, 2015, 00:00
Aug 22, 2015, 00:00

Frijoles wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 15:46:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:04:
They're annoying, but it's precisely how you're SUPPOSED to play. Quite a surprise the first time they do it though.

Oddly enough, I found the difficulty one below the default (the one below Adept) to be more frustrating since it seems my teammates have no idea how to play.

I feel exactly the same, higher difficulty to me seems strangly easier...as now for the first time my team mates seem to know what they're doing.

Aug 21, 2015, 15:46
Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 15:46
Aug 21, 2015, 15:46

They're annoying, but it's precisely how you're SUPPOSED to play. Quite a surprise the first time they do it though.

Blizzard also said they weren't done with Elite. I hope that means smarter AI and not just harder hitting/more health. Most matches before this change were over in 8 - 14 minutes. I did an elite a couple nights ago and it took 45 minutes. I love it. I also don't care for the real fights, but I do enjoy AI fights and have been looking forward to this change for a long time.

Oddly enough, I found the difficulty one below the default (the one below Adept) to be more frustrating since it seems my teammates have no idea how to play. The few matches I've done at that level involved people not doing the objectives, which made the fights that much harder. Contrast with Vet/Elite where everyone is pinging the map and teaming up. Makes sense, of course, but going easier for a quicker completion hasn't paid off.

Aug 21, 2015, 15:43
Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 15:43
Aug 21, 2015, 15:43

Most of my friends don't like playing against real people, so we run versus AI

I know there's an AI mode but I didn't think people actually used it... Especially for multi. Weird.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:04
Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 11:04
Aug 21, 2015, 11:04

Most of my friends don't like playing against real people, so we run versus AI, which has been far too easy lately. The option to increase difficulty is quite welcome, although at the Veteran and especially Elite levels, the computer has absurd advantages. For instance, knowing where you're heading and magically showing up there with 3 heroes, and firing off Ultimates like they had no cooldown timer. Non-bullshit things include "not running around without backup" and "proper use of stun combos". They're annoying, but it's precisely how you're SUPPOSED to play. Quite a surprise the first time they do it though.

Aug 21, 2015, 09:49
Re: Heroes of the Storm BoE Map Pulled; Gold Refunds Going Out Aug 21, 2015, 09:49
Aug 21, 2015, 09:49

Currently at 2W/5L for my initial ranking position. Really crappy when 2 of those lost games were due to people being AFK or trolling...:/
I have a nifty blue line!
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older