Mad Max Branching Trailer

A new trailer from Mad Max shows off Avalanche Studios' upcoming driving action game, offering a "choose your path" branching function, though none of the choices you make involve peaceful coexistence. It's also safe to say that none of the action depicted would be considered under the top. Word is: "The trailer showcases multipath scenarios that the viewer can choose, such as 'Bring the Chaos' and 'Get Creative,' that highlight options a player will have when navigating the massive open world."
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer
Aug 18, 2015, 11:15
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 11:15
Aug 18, 2015, 11:15

Shit shit shit. Watched some more trailers and this game looks more and more like Middle-Earth. I bet there'll be no reason to explore the vast landscape except for collectibles. Luckily the game has some sort of a crafting system that will stay fun for an hour or two but not enough to warrant a full price buy.

I fucking hated Middle Earth.

Aug 18, 2015, 08:38
nin

Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 08:38
Aug 18, 2015, 08:38
 nin

toT wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:03:
The game is open and you can pretty much do whatever you want when doing something such as assaulting a fortress or taking out a convoy. There are no big buttons popping up making you choose which tactic you want to use. The Choose Your Own Adventure style choices in this trailer is just a marketing gimmick for their youtube video, basically.

I had a bunch more crap typed out, but just watch some or all of this instead…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4BUB-pUGrM

It is a ~1 hour stream of some of the developers playing the game. The game audio is fairly low compared to the dev voiceovers, so if you don't turn your volume up too much it shouldn't spoil any of the story.

It's weird how cagey WB is with details on it's games. They did the exact same thing with Shadow of Mordor - up until a week or two before release, I wasn't sold...until the devs did a multi hour live stream, and you could actually see the gameplay.

Their marketing department needs to be fired. When the devs are the ones that have to sell the game, there's no need for those other goons.

Aug 18, 2015, 08:29
Bub
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 08:29
Aug 18, 2015, 08:29
Bub

I would like to know the specs on the rig that these supposed in game video caps came from.

Soo many polygons, most likely this will not run at more than 1 FPS on my 5 year old system without jacking the details settings to the absolute minimum/minecraft level quality.

A bit unrealistic as well, collsions which make other cars blow up, but do little damage to Max's ride, sure. Blowing up just about anything with a sawed off shotgun at medium to long range, sure.

Given their track record, I might buy this, in a year or so when it goes out on bargain basement sales.
==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

Aug 18, 2015, 08:12
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 08:12
Aug 18, 2015, 08:12

It looks really good honestly, but I will not pay for another WB game unless they fix my Batman AK. Right now I pretty much wasted $40 on their faulty product.

Aug 18, 2015, 03:33
Kxmode

Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 03:33
Aug 18, 2015, 03:33
 Kxmode

Maybe the reason why the game looks like it works so well is the movie itself is very much like a video game. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I simply mean the way George Miller wrote and directed the film absolutely lends itself to an awesome video game experience.

It's also ironic considering the film was mostly practical effects and the video game is basically CG. lol
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Aug 18, 2015, 00:29
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 00:29
Aug 18, 2015, 00:29

Oh, what a sad commentary on the state of today's games, when marketing pizzazz is mistaken for a gameplay mechanic. Thanks Obama!

Aug 17, 2015, 23:28
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 23:28
Aug 17, 2015, 23:28

toT wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:03:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:12:
This game is gorgeous, but this trailer has cooled off my anticipation quite a bit... why have these three choices like this? What not just leave it more open, let the player do whatever actions they want as they go?

The game is open and you can pretty much do whatever you want when doing something such as assaulting a fortress or taking out a convoy. There are no big buttons popping up making you choose which tactic you want to use. The Choose Your Own Adventure style choices in this trailer is just a marketing gimmick for their youtube video, basically.

It is a ~1 hour stream of some of the developers playing the game. The game audio is fairly low compared to the dev voiceovers, so if you don't turn your volume up too much it shouldn't spoil any of the story.

Ah, thanks a lot! That alleviates my concerns; in hindsight that'd be a terrible design feature for the actual game, but I was afraid of some sort of weird console-aimed feature popping up in what seems like a potentially awesome game.

Aug 17, 2015, 22:03
toT
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 22:03
Aug 17, 2015, 22:03
toT

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:12:
This game is gorgeous, but this trailer has cooled off my anticipation quite a bit... why have these three choices like this? What not just leave it more open, let the player do whatever actions they want as they go?

Aug 17, 2015, 21:15
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:15
Aug 17, 2015, 21:15

I cant find a list of all the game features.. hmmm.. anyone?

Aug 17, 2015, 21:12
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:12
Aug 17, 2015, 21:12

A little too console-y for me. Ironic how one of the choices in Soften the Perimeter is "Get Creative," in the very limited way they allow you to in this one choice.

This game just moved from a possible full price buy to $9.99 or less for me.

Aug 17, 2015, 21:06
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:06
Aug 17, 2015, 21:06

Ahh whoa.. this actually looks pretty cool.

Aug 17, 2015, 19:40
Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 19:40
Aug 17, 2015, 19:40

If the reviews are good then I'll buy it!
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older