Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Diablo III 2.3 Preview

Battle.net now has a preview of the upcoming patch for Diablo III that will bring the action/RPG sequel to version 2.3.0. They describe a new overhaul of the crafting system, a new zone that will help usher in new bounties and changes to the bounty system, changes to Nephalem and Greater Rifts, and a better payoff for Infernal Machines. They don't specify when the patch will go live, but they do invite players to preview it on the PTR.
View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 5, 2015, 16:53 Creston

and a better payoff for Infernal Machines

A better payoff? How about a payoff, period? The Hellfire amulet is a giant piece of shit, unless you get that 1 in 500000 lucky roll that gives it good stats and a useful passive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 5, 2015, 07:00 GL1zdA

Saboth wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 21:21:
I farmed, farmed, farmed, and it just got really boring. I'd gladly play $40-$50 for a graphically updated D2.
And you will baalrun, baalrun, baalrun, and still be excited.

13. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 5, 2015, 04:35 jacobvandy

I'm honestly surprised they're not saving this patch's contents for a paid expansion... Makes me wonder what else they have in store.  

12. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 5, 2015, 04:34 shiho

Saboth wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 21:21:
No clue how all of these people are putting hundreds or thousands of hours into D3. I farmed, farmed, farmed, and it just got really boring. I'd gladly play $40-$50 for a graphically updated D2.

No matter how old you get, high-schoolers remain the same age. Similarly, there's always a demographic of dumb people who are new to games and have not developed a sense of discernment. Especially in the day and age where people offload 90% of their brain onto Google search.

I'd too gladly pay for a functional and preferably revamped Diablo2. Sadly that will never happen.

11. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 5, 2015, 03:16 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:36:
I'll play when the expansion comes. Who thinks there'll be another expansion?

Ill play if they bring it up to parity with the PS4 version. Allow the trading of legendaries and sets between players and Ill give it a try. Bring back PvP anywhere on the world map and up the number of players to 8 and it might even be worthwhile. Bring back proper skill trees and maybe just maybe it could become an awesome game.

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 21:21 Saboth

shihonage wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 19:04:
All I want is a fixed version of Diablo2 which works properly on modern systems and has widescreen support and options for resolution scaling.

Diablo2 was created by much smarter people. You can't fix stupid.

It's funny, I've got so many D2 disks from when me, my gf at the time, my friends all played. I played D3 a bit, but it just feels dumbed down. Currently decided to give Inquisition a try, and I feel like going back and playing DA:O for like the 4th time instead. The consolitis hurts bad. Fewer skills, easier to use skills, fewer options, fewer builds, less epic battles...thankfully there are still games like Pillars of Eternity keeping the PC dream alive. No clue how all of these people are putting hundreds or thousands of hours into D3. I farmed, farmed, farmed, and it just got really boring. I'd gladly play $40-$50 for a graphically updated D2.

9. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 21:16 shiho

Rhett wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 20:45:
I'm sorta surprised they don't just start over with Diablo 4, instead of constantly updating this one for free. The game has come so far from when it was released, though. It's so much more enjoyable.

Did I miss a "free" Reaper Of Souls giveaway somewhere?

8. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 20:45 Rhett

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:45:
Their leaked roadmap from a few years back had 2 expansions listed so yeah there will be another.

I hope it has better zone design than the last. They have done great work in patching up the mess that was the launch game but there is still much to be done.

I'm sorta surprised they don't just start over with Diablo 4, instead of constantly updating this one for free. The game has come so far from when it was released, though. It's so much more enjoyable.

7. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 20:11 nin

I sure hope there's one. Was just getting the itch to hop back in, and now I see this. Keep me busy for a little bit, at least...

6. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 19:09 Asmodai

Don't bother with the PTR unless you plan on logging in hours in advance of when you want to "play", I've never seen a queue shorter than 2 hours and it jumps up and down randomly (I think the queue timer is just a RNG).  

5. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 19:04 shiho

All I want is a fixed version of Diablo2 which works properly on modern systems and has widescreen support and options for resolution scaling.

Diablo2 was created by much smarter people. You can't fix stupid.

4. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:53 ItBurn

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:45:
Their leaked roadmap from a few years back had 2 expansions listed so yeah there will be another.

I hope it has better zone design than the last. They have done great work in patching up the mess that was the launch game but there is still much to be done.

I just want them to make a main quest that is actually fun to play and that you want/need to replay endlessly. That or a complete overhaul of the bounty system by making it a randomly generated world with interesting quests and stuff.

3. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:46 Brumbek

I sure hope there is! D3 is really amazing now, but it needs new content along with the new gameplay stuff.

2. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:45 Redmask

1. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 18:36 ItBurn

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >