Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 15:42:Witcher 3 v1.07Postprocessing
PHJF wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 13:49:
Considering a GTX980 can't average 60FPS at 1080p on Ultra settings, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're wrong on that one. You'd be lucky to average 30FPS.
You're probably right. I've never been a good judge of frame rates based on what I see on screen. All I know is with my CPU, graphic card, and 8GB DDR3 RAM Witcher 3 runs really nice for me with Ultra settings. I'll use nVidia's Shadowplay in-game frame rate counter after work tonight and report back with actual frame rates.
Motion Blur: ON
Sharpening: HIGH (max)
Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+ (max)
Depth of Field: OFF (I don't like the fake blurring of view distances. Feels more real to see far away)
Chromatic Aberration: ON
Light Shafts: ONGraphics
Maximum Frames Per Second: 60
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Display Mode: Borderless Window
NVIDIA HairWorks: ON
NVIDIA Hairworks AA: 8 (max)
NVIDIA Harworks Preset: HIGH (max)
Shadow Quality: ULTRA (max)
Terrain Quality: ULTRA (max)
Water Quality: ULTRA (max)
Grass Density: ULTRA (max)
Texture Quality: ULTRA (max)
Foliage Visibility Range: ULTRA (max)
Detail Level: ULTRA (max)
Hardware Cursor: OFFLocations (tested during the day cycle so that I have maximum visibility)
- Velen @ Hanged Man's Tree (25-33 frames)
- Skellige @ Kaer Trolde Harbor (30-33 frames)
- Novigrad @ Hierach Square to Docks to St. Gregory's Bridge to Electors' Square to Fire Temple's front door (25-35 frames)GTA (latest Steam version)
Tested during the day cycle so that I have maximum visibility
- Long drive from Los Santos through country side and back to Los Santos (31 - 43 frames)
- Some quick noticeable drops under 30 when entering an area with lots of stuff (like country side to Los Santos)So I'm happy to report that Witcher 3 has an average frame rate of around 27. GTA 5 has better with an average frame rate of around 35.
If Total Biscuit were to look at those numbers his response would probably be like "That just horrid. Absolutely horrid." ~30 frames is perfectly fine for me. It's plays smooth for me.This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2015, 01:23.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf