Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evening Mobilization

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 20:15 Cutter

I...I...I lost on Jeopardy, baby...

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 19:38 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:45:
5 Reasons I Lost $9,000 On An iPhone Game.

Here's the TL;DR version.
1. I'm an idiot.
2. I'm an idiot.
3. I'm an idiot.
4. I'm an idiot.
5. I'm a stupid idiot.

Quoted for emphasis.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 19:33 wtf_man

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:45:

1. I'm an idiot.
2. I'm an idiot.
3. I'm an idiot.
4. I'm an idiot.
5. I'm a stupid idiot.

I was going to post something similar! LOL

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:54 eRe4s3r

Phasenoise wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:47:
Most of the games are crappy little minimum wage job simulators too, involving some idiotic little tedium to do daily.

As it says, there isn't even really a winning, or defeating some cool system. There's just outspending or outgrinding other people.

How is this possibly fun?

Beats me... all I can think of is that suckers are somehow lured in by peer pressure (guild/clan aka pseudo friends pressuring em to join, and then they don't want to lose pseudo social status.. or some other related bullshit that never made any sense to me)

Funnily I get the addiction cycle for say, free to play games like Clickers (zero gameplay, but as progression quest showed, people like watching things progress) But a free to play title is only free as long as you don't pay money. Which is why I literally never ever spent a single cent on a micro transaction.

Maybe I am to oldschool

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:47 Phasenoise

Most of the games are crappy little minimum wage job simulators too, involving some idiotic little tedium to do daily.

As it says, there isn't even really a winning, or defeating some cool system. There's just outspending or outgrinding other people.

How is this possibly fun?

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:45 jdreyer

1. I'm an idiot.
2. I'm an idiot.
3. I'm an idiot.
4. I'm an idiot.
5. I'm a stupid idiot.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:32 eRe4s3r

You know, this makes me really glad that I am apparently immune to that kind of addiction. I tested a few of these games, I uninstalled them 10 minutes later. The core gameplay hook with the timer and unlock garbage is so transparent (most of the time the games have quick beginning reward cycles that extend to minutes, hours, days, and then, months! that I felt insulted they even tried this shit on me.

These idiots are not "losing money".. they spending money by their own free will. The same free will that apparently made them buy an overpriced iPhone... hah

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo