Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2015, 08:52 wtf_man

Well... The store and a few other things are probably still there, but hidden / off by default.

There is no browser until you manually search "Internet Explorer" by the start button and manually pin it.

If you try to turn on Cortana... It says it is unavailable for this version.

I'll search for some other things like the store when I get to work today. I'll probably disable them in policy anyway.... but that's beside the point that Enterprise N gives you a fairly clean slate to work with. Typical stuff is still there like accessories, notepad, snipping tool, etc.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2015, 09:20.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2015, 04:11 DangerDog

According to Wikipedia it's just an un-bundling of media player for the EU (Pro and Home editions)

Interesting that the Enterprise N edition doesn't have the MS Store though.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2015, 00:42 wtf_man

Enterprise N

No store, no metro apps other than search and feedback, no cortana, search is local to machine only.... And of course no media player.

I don't know about Home N or Pro N.

7. No subject Jul 31, 2015, 00:06 Mashiki Amiketo

DangerDog wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 17:15:
Does that version work in the US or is it region locked?

Not region locked, it's the version we use at work on our testbed machines, I'm in Canada.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 22:14 DangerDog

I looked up the N version and is the only thing not preinstalled is mediaplayer?

what other app crapware does it not install?

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 19:28 wtf_man

Well... since I'm in the US... I would say it's not region locked.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 17:15 DangerDog

wtf_man wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 15:04:
Just downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise "N" from my work's MSDN account.

WOW! No Crap Apps!!! Only had to disable One Drive, and go through the standard turn off in the settings / privacy area!

That's the way to go!

Does that version work in the US or is it region locked?

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 15:04 wtf_man

Just downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise "N" from my work's MSDN account.

WOW! No Crap Apps!!! Only had to disable One Drive, and go through the standard turn off in the settings / privacy area!

That's the way to go!

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2015, 15:26.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 13:19 4D-Boxing

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 12:17:
Washington has never had any more (or any less) trouble making large, complex websites than any other organization. Especially any other organization where ~48% of the people are actively trying to sabotage things.

NOBODY does big web-based systems well...at best, they grown them over a decade and get something moderately functional (like Amazon). Just give any of the big help-desk apps a try, and you'll see what a hellish nightmare the "best software companies" produce.

Oh my, help-desk apps! I used to be the administrator of one of those nightmares. To make it worst, the company that made it closed shop years before i got the job. Mission critical phase of the organizations mandate and the thing got even more flaky than it was. Spent 40 days fixing seemingly minor issues 6 days a week and 10h minimum plus i ran the help-desk(s) 5 in one 135 people. millions of calls, 850000 faxes and 3500 emails all tracked using that one system. The cherry on top was the fact that i didn't have support from senior management or stake holders. I've moved on and 4 years latter someone else is doing my job for 20 000 a year more after they cut my job due to budget issues. I'm sitting back in a new job reading emails about the disaster they now face (yes i refused offers to go back).

Hell is real lol.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 12:17 Stormsinger

Washington has never had any more (or any less) trouble making large, complex websites than any other organization. Especially any other organization where ~48% of the people are actively trying to sabotage things.

NOBODY does big web-based systems well...at best, they grown them over a decade and get something moderately functional (like Amazon). Just give any of the big help-desk apps a try, and you'll see what a hellish nightmare the "best software companies" produce.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo