Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions

With Windows 10 due tomorrow, Mojang announces how to get a free beta copy of the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition if you are one of the millions who own the Java Windows/OS X version of the game. Yes, they once again take the opportunity to call the new OS "swanky." Here's word: 
Update: This is still rolling out, so don’t panic if you can’t see the button on your account page yet! Check back later!

Hello!

Windows 10 – Microsoft’s shiny new operating system – launches tomorrow. As announced at MINECON 2015 a few weeks ago it features a brand-new Edition of Minecraft. We’re calling it Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.

If you’re one of the 20 million(ish) players who already own Minecraft for PC/Mac, you get the new version for free. Completely free!

To download your copy, first log into your Mojang account (My password is significantly more complex than those dots so don’t bother trying, criminal person).

Next, click the “Redeem” button on your account page, sign into your Microsoft account, and follow the instructions that follow. That’s it! You’ll be playing Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta in a jiffy.

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta will be available to download in the Windows 10 Store.

Have fun with Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta, kind crafters! And enjoy fiddling about with your swanky new operating system!
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 29, 2015, 07:32 Megalodon

Windows 10 in a nutshell  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 29, 2015, 05:56 KilrathiAce

Windows 10 store? no thanks.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

8. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 29, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Krowen wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:52:
Signed up for the stupid Mojang account, then the fucking Microsoft Account and then it wants me to sign into Xbox fucking Live just to play.

Fuck off, uninstalled.

Good man!

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 29, 2015, 01:25 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:14:
It's not like this game would ever take advantage of anything DX12 brings to the table.

Maybe they'll add tessellation?

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

6. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 22:52 Megalodon

Signed up for the stupid Mojang account, then the fucking Microsoft Account and then it wants me to sign into Xbox fucking Live just to play.

Fuck off, uninstalled.

5. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 22:25 ViRGE

Frode wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 18:23:
After clicking through a few levels worth of links to find a list of apparent differences between it and "regular" Minecraft, I can't see a single thing worthy of my interest. Actually, I can't see much difference at all. One point lists stuff that's been there for years (e.g. chicken, boats). Another "will arrive soon after launch."

The correct name for this seems to be "Minecraft, now available in Window store".
That's because it's the Pocket Edition for Windows 10. While it may not seem like a big deal from a graphical/feature perspective, it's a very big deal at a low level since this is all reimplemented in C++ instead of Java.

4. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 21:33 Linthat22

DangerDog wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:14:
It's not like this game would ever take advantage of anything DX12 brings to the table.

Buuu, buuu, buuut videos man!!! What was late 90's tech is the new DirectX!!!!

3. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 20:14 DangerDog

2. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 18:59 Cutter

Yeah you made me feel. Yeah you made me feel, shiny and new....

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

1. Re: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta Instructions Jul 28, 2015, 18:23 Frode

After clicking through a few levels worth of links to find a list of apparent differences between it and "regular" Minecraft, I can't see a single thing worthy of my interest. Actually, I can't see much difference at all. One point lists stuff that's been there for years (e.g. chicken, boats). Another "will arrive soon after launch."

The correct name for this seems to be "Minecraft, now available in Window store".

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >