Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Bombshell Trailer

This is the Quakecon 2015 video for Bombshell, showing off 10 full minutes of gameplay from 3D Realms' upcoming shooter. The clip looks at various gameplay elements, including various functions of your Pip-Girl wrist computer, all featuring an itty-bitty Bombshell shown from an isometric viewpoint.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 25, 2015, 06:25 Jerykk

I have to assume that the VO is placeholder and done by the devs themselves. There's no way that could be final.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 20:24 shiho

After 1 minute, when NPC started talking, I got strong Hellgate: London vibe. Also known as a "catastrophic failure" vibe.

Except they probably outsourced this to some people in India who used Unity to slap it together from generic assets in a month.

15. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 19:28 [VG]Reagle

Thanks. I am stupider for having watched this video. Even a pile of crap is objectively better then this garbage.

Note to developers: Its 2015 not 1998

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

14. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 19:04 bigspender

The lighting on the levels is terrible.
The animations are awful.
The sound fx don't suit the actions.
The the 3d models are very basic.
The GUI looks really cheap and nasty.
The voice acting LOL wtf bbq.
The Gameplay looks meh.
Over all very childish. (I probably would have loved this when I was 10 or 12).
The music wasn't bad though

13. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 18:12 Overon

I hope those employee voice acting are just placeholders. Game looks like throw away shovelware. I can't help but be pessimistic.  

12. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 15:15 wtf_man

InBlack wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 09:13:
Well, that looks kind of ..... meh?

I didn't even know that 3d Realms still existed. How is that even possible?

3D Realms was purchased by the same investment company that owns Interceptor Entertainment (Rise of the Triad Remake). Miller and Broussard no longer own it.

3D Realms is now only a publishing arm, and Interceptor is the official development studio.

Bombshell was supposed to be the New Duke game, but Gearbox sued and settled with them... so it's been altered. Also, it looks like the investment company wants them concentrating on console and mobile versions instead of the PC.

It doesn't look bad... but I would prefer 1st person for a game like this. If it's not going to be on the PC, then who cares?

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

11. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 14:09 DangerDog

Think they might be over doing it with the bloom effect, that swirling dust cloud isn't doing it any favors as well.

It's down to the variety of environments and enemies, it looks pretty generic though.

10. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 12:51 Fion

I don't mind the isometric, makes it feel a bit more RPG that way. All I'd like to see is a PC version without that stupid radial menu, let me hot-key everything instead please!

All in all it looks like a decent romp. I'd pick it up for $20, especially if it had good like 4 player co-op with decent synergy between abilities.

9. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 12:47 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:42:
Drop the camera down to first person view (and make sure you can look down and see your boobs), make the guns with less flashy effects, and bring the monsters on good and plenty and I think it would be better.

So hellgate "hell" except with even less production quality?

8. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 12:19 Xero

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:44:
Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 10:30:
It's interesting they got themselves into a game like this but I don't dig too much ranged action RPG style games, even if this isn't RPGish.

In Diablo, I think the range classes are the least appealing to me (especially the Demon Hunter), as it's not as fun as getting up close and slashing a demon apart melee combat style.

Although for some reason, mage classes with range spells can be fun at times which is similar idea. I guess seeing thicker ranged damage effects is funner than seeing a tiny bullet or not even seeing the bullet. Thus your just clicking on a creature from far away and seeing it explode. Not that exciting...

I don't know what game you're playing, but pretty much all of the ranged attacks in Diablo 3 have extravagant visual effects.

That is what I said in my post, thus the reasoning for enjoying playing as the Wizard for example. But in this game, when a bullet is simple or not even seen, it's not as fun. It gets tiring quick.

Look at Hatred. I mean that's just an all around bad game, but even made worse by the fact that the shooting in isometric gets old quick.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

7. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 11:44 jacobvandy

Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 10:30:
It's interesting they got themselves into a game like this but I don't dig too much ranged action RPG style games, even if this isn't RPGish.

In Diablo, I think the range classes are the least appealing to me (especially the Demon Hunter), as it's not as fun as getting up close and slashing a demon apart melee combat style.

Although for some reason, mage classes with range spells can be fun at times which is similar idea. I guess seeing thicker ranged damage effects is funner than seeing a tiny bullet or not even seeing the bullet. Thus your just clicking on a creature from far away and seeing it explode. Not that exciting...

I don't know what game you're playing, but pretty much all of the ranged attacks in Diablo 3 have extravagant visual effects.

6. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 11:42 SlimRam

Drop the camera down to first person view (and make sure you can look down and see your boobs), make the guns with less flashy effects, and bring the monsters on good and plenty and I think it would be better.  

5. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 11:23 Alamar

Didn't watch much, but it looks interesting enough that I'd try a demo...

Don't much care for the grenade 'finishing move' part though... Felt very out of place after blasting everything at range...

4. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 10:30 Xero

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

3. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 09:49 Cutter

The sauce is weak with this one.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 09:30 runnerct32

This looks really bad  

1. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jul 24, 2015, 09:13 InBlack

Well, that looks kind of ..... meh?

I didn't even know that 3d Realms still existed. How is that even possible?

I have a nifty blue line!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo