Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added

A Steam Community Group Announcement has the surprising news of a new patch for STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, which adds support for OS X, Linux, Steam Workshop, Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud saves, widescreen monitors, 5K resolutions, and more. Eurogamer has some further details on the first patch in over a decade for Obsidian's RPG sequel, saying that it includes suggestions from Zbigniew Staniewicz, described as "a key part of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod." Here's word on the patch:

Aspyr in partnership with Disney Interactive and LucasArts is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
  • Steam Cloud saves
  • Native widescreen resolution support
  • Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
  • Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
  • Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 22:17 Acleacius

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 18:00:
Ant wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 01:53:
I loved KOTOR1, but avoided KOTOR2 due to problems. So, it is safe to play now?

Does the Sith Restored Content patch work with the new version? Doing a quick check around the horn, seems like it could be a bit buggy.
That was my concern as well, but if I'm reading this correctly the Mod team advised on this official patch. So if it's got conflicts, I'm guessing the Mod fixes are already underway.

@Ant, you might wait till the word on potential mod conflicts. You really don't want to play without the Restored Content Mod. Fingerscrossed

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 21:25 Saboth

Pretty cool. I actually had a play through I'd never finished loaded, so loaded it up at 2560x1440 resolution. Looks great, but the camera is spinning around in circles and is stuck on the ceiling for some reason. No controllers or anything attached, but it seems quite a few people are having this issue. Oh well.  

36. What about KOTOR1? Jul 22, 2015, 19:50 Ant

Did it go to Linux and Mac OS X as well?  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

35. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 19:44 Silicon Avatar

This is not a game I *ever* thought I would see an update for.  

34. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 18:00 HorrorScope

Ant wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 01:53:

Does the Sith Restored Content patch work with the new version? Doing a quick check around the horn, seems like it could be a bit buggy.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2015, 18:08.

33. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 15:20 Creston

Very, very sweet.

32. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 12:52 KS

> Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu

Thank god. Having everything blurry because you were running at the astounding speed of slower than a 12 year old's 1.5 hp minibike was asinine as well as ugly.

Speaking of Star Wars: The Old Republic and million-dollar vehicles to buy that are slower than that 12 year old's minibike, could the online guys pep it up to 60 miles per hour?

31. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 12:02 Xil

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 18:21:
Wow, how cool is that?!

there are 2 big parties these days who convert games to Linux/Mac: Aspyr Media and Feral Interactive.

Feral also announced new teaser

30. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 05:55 Drayth

yuastnav wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 04:26:
Really? I didn't know that. Like what? But then again, I didn't pay much attention to the clone wars, so...

Here's one..
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/wayman/selkath1.png

29. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 04:26 yuastnav

Drayth wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 01:49:
Task wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 21:14:
Now, as far as 'canon' discussions. It is the choice of a SW product creator to choose the old fiction or new. The old simply has to be labeled as 'Legends.' Also, KOTOR is basically part of the whole "Ancient Star Wars" part of the fiction, so it fits sort of a Grey Area due to taking place thousands of years prior to the movie timeline era. Some of my favorites are the stories dealing with Exar Kun, and how they eventually tied that it in way into the future during the movie timeline era.

A small number of very specific to KoTOR stuffs showed up in the Clone Wars series which is canon, further pushing it into that grey area.

Really? I didn't know that. Like what? But then again, I didn't pay much attention to the clone wars, so...

Played Kotor2... last year? With the missing content. Some parts were extremely difficult though and I wasn't able to beat them without cheating (that factory). The restored content is nice but quite often I wasn't able to read the dialogue because there was no audio and it just skipped. And it's not really balanced.

28. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 03:27 shiho

Bought.  

27. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 02:40 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 21:38:
I might even tolerate Origin long enough to play it (and that's a pretty big change of heart, as much as I avoid it).
Never! FREEDOM!!! *coughs blood*

26. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 02:08 InBlack

Now for dreams of a 3rd game. Right, but who is going to make the next KOTOR? For one, I hate to say this but Bioware isn't like the old Bioware it seems. Unless Bioware promises to be like the old Bioware in a Co-Venture with Obsidian and EA backs off with their inevitable "first day DLC" or "Super Pass" suggestions.

Under EA/Neo-Bioware, KOTOR 3 would have to have at least 5+ romance choices, and at least a few those would have to mirror real-world social issues so no one is left out yo, tons of MMO fetch quests (why can't one just make their underling go trim the weeds around your space castle man?), and ultimately choices not tying together with an anticlimatic ending.

This exactly. Bioware has moved on to greener ($$$) pastures, why put in a lot of effort to produce a great game when you can make just as much moolah by producing a mediocre one? Especially when you have "hype", the gaming press, and a Star Wars license on your side.

I have a nifty blue line!

25. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 01:53 Ant

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

24. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 01:49 Drayth

Now, as far as 'canon' discussions. It is the choice of a SW product creator to choose the old fiction or new. The old simply has to be labeled as 'Legends.' Also, KOTOR is basically part of the whole "Ancient Star Wars" part of the fiction, so it fits sort of a Grey Area due to taking place thousands of years prior to the movie timeline era. Some of my favorites are the stories dealing with Exar Kun, and how they eventually tied that it in way into the future during the movie timeline era.

A small number of very specific to KoTOR stuffs showed up in the Clone Wars series which is canon, further pushing it into that grey area.

23. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 23:21 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 18:21:
Wow, how cool is that?!

Wicked Friggin Cool!

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

22. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 21:38 nin

Qbex . wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 21:15:
Chris Avellone left Obsidian to make KOTOR 3 for EA!
There, I called it first Smug

I would be elated if you were correct. I might even tolerate Origin long enough to play it (and that's a pretty big change of heart, as much as I avoid it).

21. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 21:23 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 19:45:
Anyone know if a KOTOR 3 is in the works... Because activity like this seems to suggest that.

It allows this surprise to make a lot more sense.

20. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 21:15 Qbex .

Chris Avellone left Obsidian to make KOTOR 3 for EA!
There, I called it first Smug

19. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 21:14 Task

This is pretty cool; I only ever played the first one, but I hear playing KOTOR 2 is supberb with that restoration/bug fix mod.

Now for dreams of a 3rd game. Right, but who is going to make the next KOTOR? For one, I hate to say this but Bioware isn't like the old Bioware it seems. Unless Bioware promises to be like the old Bioware in a Co-Venture with Obsidian and EA backs off with their inevitable "first day DLC" or "Super Pass" suggestions.

Under EA/Neo-Bioware, KOTOR 3 would have to have at least 5+ romance choices, and at least a few those would have to mirror real-world social issues so no one is left out yo, tons of MMO fetch quests (why can't one just make their underling go trim the weeds around your space castle man?), and ultimately choices not tying together with an anticlimatic ending.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2015, 21:27.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo