Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 17:13 Creston

14,000 iRobot Roomba 595 Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robots, compared to 1 the previous Wednesday

I guess I missed all the great deals.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 15:30 Verno

I apologize, going to take a break for awhile.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 16:49.

Playing: Hades, Beat Saber, Control
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

20. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 15:26 descender

Hey there...

isn't worth the effort of typing up a large response. Enjoy your garage sale next year

Don't start with the "rude bullshit" and you won't be treated in kind. I think you're just cranky because you know how hollow your stance on this is.

19. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 15:23 Verno

You can get lost with that rude bullshit. I didn't like a sale and I said so on the internet, lets make a big deal out of it. Jesus christ.  

18. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 15:13 descender

Yeah, you could have just not said anything about your stupid idea to blindly ignore sale prices... saved us the trouble. I wasn't even responding to you in the first place.  

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 15:10 Verno

I'll enjoy not buying things I didn't want at half price. They owe me whatever the hell I say they owe me if they want the money in my wallet. Maybe they don't care, fine, I won't either. Thanks for this wonderful exchange Rolleyes  

16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 14:59 descender

Enjoy... I don't know... buying things at full price? /boggle

This mentality that Amazon somehow "owed you" a better sale is incredibly stupid.

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 14:56 Verno

Could not possibly disagree more but this isn't worth the effort of typing up a large response. Enjoy your garage sale next year, I'll just safely ignore it and neither one of us will be unhappy with the result  

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 14:38 descender

Most of those deals sold out pretty quickly so someone was buying them. The sour grapes come from multiple angles, the "deal i wanted sold out" crowd and "didn't see the sale I wanted" crowd (and let's throw in the "didn't even actually check the lightning deals but bitched about it anyway" crowd for good measure) have combined to make the sale seem like it was bad in the public eye. It wasn't. It was a monumental success in the eyes of the only party that matters, Amazon. They convinced people to spend x-mas level money on a random day in July... that's damn impressive.

I got a few things I've been waiting on purchasing just like any other sale... so I just don't get the complaints at all. There was no expectation or announcement for anything in particular to be on sale for a particular price... so how could one be disappointed... ? Boo freaking hoo. Given the choice between "Prime Day" and no sales what-so-ever... wait, how is this even a choice?

The same shit went on after the Steam sale this year. So now unless the thing we wanted goes on sale for the price we wanted the sale is a "failure"? If you already own the things that are going on sale, maybe the sale wasn't for you?

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 14:23 Verno

Corporations aren't evil but they're frequently full of crap

I have to agree with the others here, it strains credulity given the low quality of the deals and the large amount of complaints about them. I doubt Amazon would come out and say it was a failure either, they will barely even say a bad thing about the Fire Phone and look at how that turned out. I would want to see real data, not just bare figures inserted into a marketing bit.

I certainly won't be paying attention next "prime day" regardless of what they claim now about it. Total waste of time - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 14:04 NKD

InBlack wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 02:58:
NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 02:04:
Krowen wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:54:
Sounds like press release bullshit, no way it was more sales than black friday.

Source for the data you're drawing your conclusion from?

Source for Amazon's data? Oh yeah, Amazon...no reason why they would make this shit up right?

Amazon's numbers are still more convincing than the argument "Everything they say is a lie because CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL AND ONLY TELL LIES." Sorry but if the only thing someone has to say is "I DONT BELIEVE YOU" they might as well not even contribute.

Particularly when they haven't provided examples of Amazon getting caught out with false press releases before.

Amazon's numbers aren't particularly outrageous. They claim 266% increased sales over same day last year, so not even 4 times the sales of a normal day. And only an 18% increase over Black Friday 2014. Black Friday also has a lot of competition from other outlets. They were the only ones running a huge sale that day to my knowledge.

If you actually look at the numbers, they don't strain believability, so there's really no stand-out reason to doubt them. Yes, there is marketing fluff in this PR, but it isn't the numbers. The real PR BS in the release: the idea that beating Black Friday sales is some monumental achievement, it isn't, if you're the only one doing the massive sale.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 14:11.

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 11:34 Flatline

Saboth wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:47:
Julio wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 20:18:
Did everyone buy the giant barrel of lube on prime day? That's all I saw on sale at a big discount...

I had a really slow day at work, so I could basically just refresh deals over and over. Basically the sale broke down into:

1. Doorbuster, really good deals. Even if you clicked on these the second they came up, it processed for about 20 seconds, then told you the item is sold out, waitlist is full, take a hike, bozo.
2. Lightning deals on stuff. Usually went like this: MSRP: $100, Amazon price: $65. Lightning deal: $59. Not really that great.
3. Stuff like the Amazon gift cards, Kindles, etc. that sold out early in the morning.

All-in-all, it was merely meh. I think most of the items on "sale" were discontinued or last year items being cleared out like a giant rummage sale.

It looked like 60% of the lightning deals were cell phone cases.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 07:25 Megalodon

Source: their shitty fucking deals on prime day.

This isn't debate club, it's called my opinion. Of course they're going to try to counter a huge wave of negative public sentiment with a press release saying how well it went, they're a corporation.

Next time I'll be sure to make a bibliography for you though.

9. Cord-Cutters Are Not All Young Hipsters Jul 17, 2015, 04:38 ZeroPike1

I had to decide how to trim back my Time Warner bill for my mother before I moved. Turns out Road Runner internet was only worth $10 off the bill for the HD tv and phone package they sold us.

My mother who has to have her 24/7 news for whatever reason needs the bundle. If we could Ala'Carte the channels would be super cheaper I'm sure. But knowing how bad they cheat people, they would raise the bill anyways.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 03:21 MeanJim

I didn't even know about it until it was almost over. They could have sent out an email or something. The only reason I knew about it was from here, but I was a day behind on news. By the time I checked the site there was only a few hours left and I didn't see any good deals.  

MeanJim on Steam

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 02:58 InBlack

Source for Amazon's data? Oh yeah, Amazon...no reason why they would make this shit up right?

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 02:04 NKD

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2015, 21:54 Megalodon

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2015, 21:47 Saboth

Julio wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 20:18:
Did everyone buy the giant barrel of lube on prime day? That's all I saw on sale at a big discount...

I had a really slow day at work, so I could basically just refresh deals over and over. Basically the sale broke down into:

1. Doorbuster, really good deals. Even if you clicked on these the second they came up, it processed for about 20 seconds, then told you the item is sold out, waitlist is full, take a hike, bozo.
2. Lightning deals on stuff. Usually went like this: MSRP: $100, Amazon price: $65. Lightning deal: $59. Not really that great.
3. Stuff like the Amazon gift cards, Kindles, etc. that sold out early in the morning.

All-in-all, it was merely meh. I think most of the items on "sale" were discontinued or last year items being cleared out like a giant rummage sale.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2015, 22:04.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2015, 21:03 Agent.X7

The company has a one-stream, standard-definition package priced at $7.99 a month, but “we also want to motivate people to move up to the two-stream and the high-def and the ultra-high-def”, Hastings said, though he didn’t elaborate on what the incentives to switch plans would be

The incentive is high def streams, you daft ponce. It's one more dollar a month. I have it because the standard def streams look like shit on my TV.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >