Here's a rough idea how the altered time line unfolds...
- Carol Marcus and David Marcus succeed on Project Genesis
- Project Genesis is introduced on a lifeless moon / world
- This lifeless moon / world eventually becomes the new Qo'nos
- Klingon / Federation war and mistrust ends 30-40 years earlier
- Khan is placed in permanent hibernation
- Khan and his followers never attempt to take over the Enterprise
- Khan and his followers are never marooned on Ceti Alpha V
- Khan and his followers never suffer from the damaged caused by Ceti Alpha VI's explosion in space
- Ceti Eels die off from lack of human hosts resulting in every living being on Ceti Alpha V dying
- Khan and his followers never steal Project Genesis
- Khan never seeks revenge on Kirk
- Khan never blows up Project Genesis, so the Mutara Nebula still exists.
- No Genesis planet exists
- Spock never sacrifices his life for "the needs of the many"
- Spock never mind melds with McCoy
- Spock's body is never torpedoed onto the Genesis planet
- Spock's body never regenerates
- Klingons never try and steal Genesis planets secrets (because, well, they live on it... a gift from the Federation after their planet is doomed to end)
- Klingons never kill Kirk's son
- No quarantine of the area of space that was once the Mutara Nebula exists (no Genesis planet)
- Kirk and friends never hijack the Enterprise
- Kirk and friends never come face to face with hostile Kruge
- Kirk never becomes racist or hostile towards Klingons
- Kirk and friends never steals a Klingon Bird of Prey
- Kirk and friends never fly to Vulcan in stolen Klingon Bird of Prey because A. Vulcan doesn't exist and B. Spock isn't dead
- An alien probe is sent to earth to find out why it lost contact with humpbacked whales
Two possible outcomes here...
- If Kirk and friends are out in space, AND their ship, whatever it may be, is capable of time travel... then the timeline can continue
- If Kirk and friends are on earth: GAME OVER...So basically this alternate timeline ends with the destruction of earth all because Kirk and his crew couldn't answer the message of an ALIEN HUMPBACKED SPACE WHALES PROBE
I can't even... This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 04:39.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf