Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Here’s your first look at blue Oscar Isaac in #XMenApocalypse. Not sure.
View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2015, 07:27 Megalodon

Get a girlfriend.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Star Trek alternate timeline nerdy fun Jul 17, 2015, 03:25 InBlack

Wacko  

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: Star Trek alternate timeline nerdy fun Jul 17, 2015, 02:08 NKD

Uhh...  

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

13. Star Trek alternate timeline nerdy fun Jul 17, 2015, 01:36 Kxmode

Here's a rough idea how the altered time line unfolds...

- Carol Marcus and David Marcus succeed on Project Genesis
- Project Genesis is introduced on a lifeless moon / world
- This lifeless moon / world eventually becomes the new Qo'nos
- Klingon / Federation war and mistrust ends 30-40 years earlier

Meanwhile...
- Khan is placed in permanent hibernation
- Khan and his followers never attempt to take over the Enterprise
- Khan and his followers are never marooned on Ceti Alpha V
- Khan and his followers never suffer from the damaged caused by Ceti Alpha VI's explosion in space
- Ceti Eels die off from lack of human hosts resulting in every living being on Ceti Alpha V dying
- Khan and his followers never steal Project Genesis
- Khan never seeks revenge on Kirk
- Khan never blows up Project Genesis, so the Mutara Nebula still exists.
- No Genesis planet exists

Meanwhile...
- Spock never sacrifices his life for "the needs of the many"
- Spock never mind melds with McCoy
- Spock's body is never torpedoed onto the Genesis planet
- Spock's body never regenerates
- Klingons never try and steal Genesis planets secrets (because, well, they live on it... a gift from the Federation after their planet is doomed to end)
- Klingons never kill Kirk's son
- No quarantine of the area of space that was once the Mutara Nebula exists (no Genesis planet)

Meanwhile...
- Kirk and friends never hijack the Enterprise
- Kirk and friends never come face to face with hostile Kruge
- Kirk never becomes racist or hostile towards Klingons
- Kirk and friends never steals a Klingon Bird of Prey
- Kirk and friends never fly to Vulcan in stolen Klingon Bird of Prey because A. Vulcan doesn't exist and B. Spock isn't dead

Meanwhile...
- An alien probe is sent to earth to find out why it lost contact with humpbacked whales

Two possible outcomes here...
- If Kirk and friends are out in space, AND their ship, whatever it may be, is capable of time travel... then the timeline can continue
- If Kirk and friends are on earth: GAME OVER...

So basically this alternate timeline ends with the destruction of earth all because Kirk and his crew couldn't answer the message of an ALIEN HUMPBACKED SPACE WHALES PROBE.

I can't even...

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 04:39.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2015, 00:29 NKD

I don't know what y'all are smoking. Olivia Munn looks smoking in that outfit, and she can actually act if you watched Newsroom. Kelly Hu is a fucking cardboard cutout who couldn't even do a convincing China White on Arrow.  

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

11. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2015, 00:23 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 23:50:
I don't think Munn is sexy enough to play ninja Psylocke.

There, I said it. I may be the only one who thinks it, but I calls em like I sees em *. Ninja Psylocke was sexy as fuck back in the day (always liked Jim Lee's art), and I'm not seeing it here.

Me too! Check this out: Olivia Munn on Google Images versus Kelly Hu on Google Images. Beauty aside, look at how these two project themselves:
Kelly Hu versus Olivia Munn. Obviously Kelly is the one who could do some serious damage as Psylocke.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 00:29.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 23:50 nin

Darks wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 23:27:
Saboth wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:23:
He reminds me of a villian from Power Rangers

Yeah, he does look like that Ivan Ooze guy from the Power Rangers movie. I hope they spruce this up in post production, because those photos look like someone tried to make a fan-made X-Men movie back in the 90s. Psylocke looks like crap, Storm looks like crap, and Apocalypse looks like a blue Odo from Deep Space Nine.

Maybe this is some kind of joke and red herrings while they make the real movie.

I don't know what crack your on, but Psylock, looks like she should there is Nothing wrong with her look or that costume.

Allright...fine...you've forced my hand...

I don't think Munn is sexy enough to play ninja Psylocke.

There, I said it. I may be the only one who thinks it, but I calls em like I sees em *. Ninja Psylocke was sexy as fuck back in the day (always liked Jim Lee's art), and I'm not seeing it here.

* I'm sure I'll totally regret this comment by tomorrow morning. In my defense, it was clearly a character redesign to make her more sexualized/appealing to the target audience. Classic Betsy ran around in this sort of armor, and I suspect that wasn't selling. We were in the middle of the rob liefeld "male characters have thighs bigger than their skulls/female characters were wildly sexualized" phase.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 00:16.

9. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 23:27 Darks

Saboth wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:55:

Yeah, he does look like that Ivan Ooze guy from the Power Rangers movie. I hope they spruce this up in post production, because those photos look like someone tried to make a fan-made X-Men movie back in the 90s. Psylocke looks like crap, Storm looks like crap, and Apocalypse looks like a blue Odo from Deep Space Nine.

Maybe this is some kind of joke and red herrings while they make the real movie.

I don't know what crack your on, but Psylock, looks like she should there is Nothing wrong with her look or that costume.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

8. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:56 PHJF

That's Olivia Munn in a nutshell.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:55 Saboth

6. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:52 nin

Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:29:
I remember when Olivia Munn was hired as a replacement for a much better Sarah Lane on Attack of the Show. Back then I thought she was a pretty face but she didn't strike me as someone would really cared about the stuff on Attack of the Show. When she left, she appeared on random television shows, and then on the Daily Show as a new corespondent. Again she didn't strike me as someone who cared about the subject matter. It felt like she was just there to get a paycheck and, if you'll pardon the expression, expose herself for her career. After leaving Daily Show she began appearing in films and again, same vibe. Fast forward to now...

As a former comic book collector, and someone who has original issues of X-men going all the way back to the 90's featuring Psylocke, I, again, look at her and think, "Okay, it's obviously she's just another "pretty face" who couldn't care less about a character beloved by many comic book fans. This film is just another paycheck and tick on her resume."

I think a MUCH better choice for Psylocke would be Kelly Hu. She played Lady Deathstrike in X-men 2. She went toe to toe with Wolverine for Pete sake!

Am I wrong? If I am help me understand why.

I was never really a fan of hers. I don't know, it's like her goal is to be a celebrity, maybe? Maybe I'm reading too much into it...I'll just say that at no time have I thought "Wow, she's awesome!".

I was wondering if they were going to original Psylock (Capt Brittan's sister) or ninja Psylock, and as soon as she was cast, it seemed obvious.

Not really digging Storm running around with Apocalypse, either. I mean, I know they've changed/rewritten a million things, but that one sticks out to me as untrue (of how I viewed the character).

It is cool they brought the guy playing Quicksilver back. He really stole the show in the last movie.

5. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:29 Kxmode

I remember when Olivia Munn was hired as a replacement for a much better Sarah Lane on Attack of the Show. Back then I thought she was a pretty face but she didn't strike me as someone would really cared about the stuff on Attack of the Show. When she left, she appeared on random television shows, and then on the Daily Show as a new corespondent. Again she didn't strike me as someone who cared about the subject matter. It felt like she was just there to get a paycheck and, if you'll pardon the expression, expose herself for her career. After leaving Daily Show she began appearing in films and again, same vibe. Fast forward to now...

As a former comic book collector, and someone who has original issues of X-men going all the way back to the 90's featuring Psylocke, I, again, look at her and think, "Okay, it's obviously she's just another "pretty face" who couldn't care less about a character beloved by many comic book fans. This film is just another paycheck and tick on her resume."

I think a MUCH better choice for Psylocke would be Kelly Hu. She played Lady Deathstrike in X-men 2. She went toe to toe with Wolverine for Pete sake!

Am I wrong? If I am help me understand why.

4. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:24 Cutter

Let's hope that's a joke.

President Camacho: Now I understand everyone's shit's emotional right now. But I've got a 3 point plan that's going to fix EVERYTHING. Number 1: We've got this guy Not Sure. Number 2: He's got a higher IQ than ANY MAN ALIVE. and Number 3: He's going to fix EVERYTHING!

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

3. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:23 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

2. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 18:55 Wallshadows

Apocalypse can manipulate everything from the molecular level and he chose to look like that.  

1. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 18:27 nin

Yeah, I'm not digging it, and I'm a fan of the series...

edit: More here

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2015, 18:37.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >