Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Independent Metaverse Jul 3, 2015, 22:58 Rhett

Sounds more like she'll take the ship down with her, heh.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Independent Metaverse Jul 3, 2015, 17:38 Julio

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 12:56:
So, I think it begs the question: how long before we see Ellen Pao get the boot?

Not going to happen, they went in all in when they hired her. They'll keep her while the ship sinks.

3. Re: Independent Metaverse Jul 3, 2015, 12:56 jdreyer

So, I think it begs the question: how long before we see Ellen Pao get the boot?  

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

2. Re: Independent Metaverse Jul 3, 2015, 11:08 Megalodon

Re: How to Stop Verizon from Screwing New York City

How to put the genie back in the bottle.

1. Re: Independent Metaverse Jul 3, 2015, 11:02 NKD

Reddit is going the way of digg. It's being mismanaged into the ground.

Essentially, the best information we have so far suggests Victoria was let go because she voiced concerns about some of the things the new management at Reddit wanted to do with how they ran AMAs. (I.e. doing video AMAs, allowing celebrities' publicists to masquerade as them, and other ways to commercialize it.)

That's kind of the trend with reddit. They want to commercialize whereever they can to improve the bottom line. The problem is that reddit isn't hard to replace. If they keep pushing, people WILL leave to go to some clone like Voat or elsewhere. And without users, no attempt at commercialization will succeed.

They'll say a few nice things to try and get those subreddits opened back up, and if they don't open back up, the nice things will stop and they will simply ban the moderators and take them over themselves.

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >