Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost

A number of new threads appeared overnight on the official forums for Heroes of the Storm complaining of temporary bans Blizzard has handed out for toxic behavior in the MOBA. There are complaints about the punishments being unfair or inappropriate, but there are also numerous posts from other users pleased that such discipline is being meted out. On a more positive front, a bonus experience points weekend gets underway this afternoon in the game. This post by a community manager explains this is to compensate for their previous XP boost ending too early:
As many of you are aware, our recent 100% XP Bonus event ended a day earlier than we had originally communicated. We’ve seen quite a bit of disappointment over this, as well as a progression issue that affected players in Europe, and we’d like to apologize for any frustrations these things have caused. In order to return some of this bonus time to you, we’re planning to offer an additional 100% XP Bonus event that will span an entire weekend.

We will enable this 100% XP Bonus for the Americas region of Battle.net, starting at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Thursday, July 2, and ending at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Monday, July 6.

The event will also begin and end for each of our other Battle.net regions around the world at 1:00 p.m. local time on these same days. We hope that you’ll be able to take advantage of this additional XP Boost to pick up some of the progression that many of you had hoping to earn on June 24.
View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 3, 2015, 10:25 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 02:46:
You guys sound like you play coop almost exclusively? Lilly? Kerrigan?? Pfft...

I don't play co-op at all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 3, 2015, 02:46 InBlack

You guys sound like you play coop almost exclusively? Lilly? Kerrigan?? Pfft...  

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 20:58 Megalodon

Easy?! My Li Li is so complex, you don't even know son. I am Li Li in real lfie.  

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 15:08 Agent.X7

Krowen wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 14:54:
I love this game so much, I am the undisputed king of Li Li and I will downtown to the hodown with anyone any time, anywhere lets do this chaps.

Yeah, LiLi is pretty easy to go at least 20/0 k/d with. As long as you don;t have a bunch of numbnut team members running away as you try to heal them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 14:54 Megalodon

I love this game so much, I am the undisputed king of Li Li and I will downtown to the hodown with anyone any time, anywhere lets do this chaps.  

8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 14:51 Agent.X7

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:47:
Another bonus XP weekend? Awwww YISSS!

Frijoles wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:04:
There's a chat? Here's the typical chat I see:

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

Then again, I play co-op against bots.

Haha, yeah, I'd say maybe one in 20-30 games against bots will someone say anything, and it's usually because we've got an empty lane. I still play a few rounds every couple days, despite being in the Alpha. The short round time makes it easy to knock out a daily or two without eating up my whole evening. Still running Kerrigan or Anub'arak almost exclusively, haven't found any other heroes that can wreck shop like them...especially Kerrigan.

Depends on what kind of wrecking you want. Butcher is AWESOME at eating heroes. You just need to buff him up by laning for a bit to get fresh meat.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 14:48 Devinoch

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 12:03:
Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 10:06:
While I don't disagree with the bans wouldn't just allowing players to mute/ignore be much easier?

You can hide chat in HoTs but not mute certain people (or even ignore certain people)

Far worse problem for HoTs is the completely broken match-making.

You actually can mute people; it's just not easy to figure out how in the UI.

And yes, the matchmaking definitely needs work still.

Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 13:47 HoSpanky

Another bonus XP weekend? Awwww YISSS!

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

Haha, yeah, I'd say maybe one in 20-30 games against bots will someone say anything, and it's usually because we've got an empty lane. I still play a few rounds every couple days, despite being in the Alpha. The short round time makes it easy to knock out a daily or two without eating up my whole evening. Still running Kerrigan or Anub'arak almost exclusively, haven't found any other heroes that can wreck shop like them...especially Kerrigan.

5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 13:19 SpectralMeat

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

Damn those bots are rude not to say hello back to you

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 13:04 Frijoles

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 12:36 Brazor

Muting them will only cause them to focus on switching to physical tactics to get their attention fix.

As for ignore...Blizzard's ignore function has a cap. They're afraid that some people will be so upset over the toxic players that they will ignore too many people and thus completely take out the social function which is part of their games.
The goal is for the community to stand against these fools, not hide from them. Too many people hiding will just encourage the behavior.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2015, 12:55.

2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 10:06:
While I don't disagree with the bans wouldn't just allowing players to mute/ignore be much easier?

You can hide chat in HoTs but not mute certain people (or even ignore certain people)

Far worse problem for HoTs is the completely broken match-making.

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 10:06 Cutter

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >