Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Jul 1, 2015, 22:57
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 22:57
Jul 1, 2015, 22:57

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:33:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:14:
Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 11:48:
Spain just got draconian on their citizen's asses too....

Spanish Congress Approves Draconian Laws Essentially Sending Spain Back to the Dark Ages

And once the TPP goes into effect it's pretty much all over but the crying for regular people everywhere.

WTF? Is that new law some kind of joke? Most of that stuff is going in the opposite direction from the rest of the civilized world.

We're all headed there as well. The TPP basically amounts to open warfare on regular Joes everywhere. Myself and a few close friends have started seriously talking about where we can go and what we can do for making a living that's free of this sort of bullshit - or as minimal as possible. I dunno, maybe some place in the South Pacific? Cook Islands? Vanuatu? etc. Either that or really going to have look at getting some land way the hell out in the middle of nowhere and start learning that self-sufficient mountain man/homesteader lifestyle. Ugh, it's all so depressing, particularly because most people don't know, and what's worse, don't care.

BTW, someone leaked the TPP to Politico.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jul 1, 2015, 14:33
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 14:33
Jul 1, 2015, 14:33

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:14:

Spanish Congress Approves Draconian Laws Essentially Sending Spain Back to the Dark Ages

And once the TPP goes into effect it's pretty much all over but the crying for regular people everywhere.

WTF? Is that new law some kind of joke? Most of that stuff is going in the opposite direction from the rest of the civilized world.

We're all headed there as well. The TPP basically amounts to open warfare on regular Joes everywhere. Myself and a few close friends have started seriously talking about where we can go and what we can do for making a living that's free of this sort of bullshit - or as minimal as possible. I dunno, maybe some place in the South Pacific? Cook Islands? Vanuatu? etc. Either that or really going to have look at getting some land way the hell out in the middle of nowhere and start learning that self-sufficient mountain man/homesteader lifestyle. Ugh, it's all so depressing, particularly because most people don't know, and what's worse, don't care.

"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Jul 1, 2015, 14:14
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 14:14
Jul 1, 2015, 14:14

If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jul 1, 2015, 14:00
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 14:00
Jul 1, 2015, 14:00

Surveillance Court Rules That N.S.A. Can Resume Bulk Data Collection.

"Court" that never says "No" says "Yes."

In other news, the sun rose in the east today.

Jul 1, 2015, 11:48
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 11:48
Jul 1, 2015, 11:48

"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Jul 1, 2015, 11:13
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 11:13
Jul 1, 2015, 11:13

Surveillance Court? We're going to have a sub-court for every topic now? Obviously Surveillance court will serve Surveillance. Like Football court is pro football, because without it, they don't exist. Surveillance Court, what will they think of next?

Jul 1, 2015, 10:53
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 10:53
Jul 1, 2015, 10:53

I'm sure it was still financially worth fixing ebook prices for Apple. Too bad the penalty they're getting is missing some zeros.

Jul 1, 2015, 10:29
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 10:29
Jul 1, 2015, 10:29

Re: Surveillance Court Rules That N.S.A. Can Resume Bulk Data Collection

I, for one, don't believe for one second they ever stopped bulk collection, nor will they going forward. And you better believe the data is being mined hard 24/7. Police
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older