Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans

There is a Hatred interview on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation website talking with Przemyslaw Szczepaniak of Polish developer Destructive Creations about their recently released isometric shooter and their future plans (thanks James). Along the way they discuss the negative attention Hatred has attracted, as it is not actually even for sale in Australia, but Szczepaniak he says the press exaggerated the controversy of the game, which they announced it as an alternative to politically correct titles that would offer "a journey into the antagonist's hateful mind." He doesn't provide any sales figures, but says they "are happy with the sales," and true to that, tells them they are working on DLC he believe will come in Autumn, and that they also are already formulating plans for a Hatred sequel and an entirely different game:

ABC T&G: What next for Destructive Creations? Updates or expansion packs for Hatred? A sequel? Or something new? Is there a future for twin-stick shooters (and controversial games)?

PS: Yes, we plan some updates with new features soon, and a DLC in Autumn I believe. For the sequel I wouldn't like to spoil yet - there is an idea, but we won't tell much yet. There will be also a new game coming, but it will be different from what you saw in Hatred.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 29, 2015, 09:29 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 15:58:
Where could they go from here, a rape simulator?
Mehh, Japanese devs have that market flooded

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 29, 2015, 03:02 Jerykk

SteamSpy says they've sold about 40k copies on Steam, which isn't great. That said, the cost of living in Poland is pretty cheap so maybe those numbers are good enough.  

6. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 16:51 NKD

Plot twist: Their next game is a licensed My Little Pony property aimed at 5 year old girls.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

5. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 16:21 Ludomancer

Frighteningly, those exist!

4. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 15:58 DangerDog

Where could they go from here, a rape simulator?  

3. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 13:16 J

Wow, I'm really looking forward to that! said nobody, ever.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

2. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 13:15 nin

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 11:54:
I suggest they work on making a better game, their initial game was quite mediocre.

Were you really surprised? Everything shown before release was a cheap ploy to garner attention.

1. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 11:54 Ozmodan

I suggest they work on making a better game, their initial game was quite mediocre. Even with all the hoopla over it, I certainly would not waste money on it, much better games out there to do that.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo