Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized

With sales of the PC edition of Batman: Arkham Knight suspended and refunds being offered, Rocksteady is "working like crazy" to put things right, and PC fixes have taken priority over updating the console version. Rocksteady's Sefton Hill tweets about fixing the PC version and how it is a top priority (thanks MCV). Here are the tweets:
Totally supported decision to suspend PC version. We have our best engineers at Rocksteady working like crazy to help fix the issues ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback! We hear you and are looking into it. Will keep you updated. (PC fixes come first)
View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 27, 2015, 04:26 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:45:
Thanks for your repeated OPINION. Got any facts to support it?
Intellectual Property Strategy and the Long Tail: Evidence from the Recorded Music Industry

Piracy and Movie Revenues: Evidence from Megaupload - A Tale of the Long Tail

Executive summary:
Removing DRM may help increase the sales of lesser known content from smaller companies. Removing DRM from content from major companies with huge marketing budgets has no measurable effect on the sales.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 27, 2015, 00:45  El Pit 

Kajetan wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 16:10:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:24:
You mean to say that a crappy knock-off of Dark Souls sold fewer copies than the real deal? You're right, the DRM really doesn't matter! Rolleyes
It really does not
If you want a game to succeed, it does not matter if you use DRM or not. There are other factors you have to consider, like generating awarness, catering to your target group and so on.

DRM ist just make believe for the investors. A show, so that you can fulfill your obligations to them: "Look, we are effin serious about our products. We've done EVERYTHING to ensure commercial success, even if its utter bullshit!"

Thanks for your repeated OPINION. Got any facts to support it?

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

36. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 23:25 Denthor

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 22:43:
These DRM affecting performance myths have been debunked time and time again.

The witcher 2 had the best evidence that it most definitely can affect performance - CDPR said as much, the drm version had upto 30% hit to the framerate vs the drm free version. The way they fixed it? Removed drm from all copies. Don't take my word for it - horses mouth:

Pre-release tests showed only small performance differences compared to the DRM-free (GOG.com) versions. We were unpleasantly surprised when some of our fans reported much larger differences, up to 30% lower framerates. This was another clear signal that we had to remove DRM as soon as possible – the quality of our users’ gameplay experience is absolutely our number one priority!”

EDIT: Source http://thewitcher.com/news/view/698%7Cwitcher

35. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 22:43 Rattlehead

Denthor wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 18:36:
I wouldn't be suprised if DRM did create some issues with game performance, you only need look at the witcher2. Yes i know it's completely different method of drm (securom) but it too was seemingly innocuous to performance of games, until there were two versions one with drm one without.

We'll never really know as it's unlikely they'll ever release a binary without the drm built in.
These DRM affecting performance myths have been debunked time and time again.

34. Re: Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 20:15 gravity

Alamar wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 15:04:
It's kind of 'meta' or 'inception'....

Oooooh, oooh! It's a pirate, within a parrot, within a pirate...

33. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 20:13 bigspender

Hey nUbiSoft - this is how you fix a game dude. Please fix Assassins Creed Unity so I can buy it and play it.  

32. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 18:36 Denthor

I wouldn't be suprised if DRM did create some issues with game performance, you only need look at the witcher2. Yes i know it's completely different method of drm (securom) but it too was seemingly innocuous to performance of games, until there were two versions one with drm one without.

We'll never really know as it's unlikely they'll ever release a binary without the drm built in.

31. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 16:10 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:24:
You mean to say that a crappy knock-off of Dark Souls sold fewer copies than the real deal? You're right, the DRM really doesn't matter! Rolleyes
It really does not
If you want a game to succeed, it does not matter if you use DRM or not. There are other factors you have to consider, like generating awarness, catering to your target group and so on.

DRM ist just make believe for the investors. A show, so that you can fulfill your obligations to them: "Look, we are effin serious about our products. We've done EVERYTHING to ensure commercial success, even if its utter bullshit!"

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2015, 16:16.

30. Re: Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 15:04 Alamar

El Pit wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:39:
But saying that nobody who pirates a game would not buy it if he could not pirate it is bs, and you know that. It's what pirates say and their parrots.

Has anyone ever said that?

It's kind of 'meta' or 'inception' that you're putting words into others' mouths about words not being said...

People do enjoy their all-or-nothing stances though... And I thought Kajetan's non-exaggerated/non-extreme argument was sound.

In the end, it's piracy... There are no accurate numbers, for or against piracy, DRM, etc... It makes sense that it has an effect, both positive and negative on sales, but there are no 'sources' with real numbers because the information is not available, and won't be until all internet, LAN, street corner, flea-market, etc, traffic is logged...

29. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixed Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 14:24 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 10:47:
The thieving scumfuck is just pissed it still hasn't got a handle on Denuvo.
The thieving scumfuck has already cracked Denuvo.

While Denuvo has been "technically" cracked under lab conditions so to speak, there are still no working cracks for any game with Denuvo DRM that actually circumvent Denuvo.
The crack for DAI only makes DAI and Origin believe that the game is legit but it is not a Denuvo crack.
That's why my statement is 100% true: The warez scene has no handle on Denuvo. It's a tough sonofabitch. That is why the thieving scum warez scene is spreading FUD bullshit rumors on Denuvo (like performance issues or SSD degradation through excessive writes which have all been proven to be factually incorrect) to make it go away.

28. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 13:55 Rattlehead

Who cares anymore honestly? Just get the PS4 version.

There is no way to establish trust between the PC gaming community and WB. They flat out gave us the finger by handing this game over to some inexperienced jackasses 8 weeks before launch and to top it off they didn't even check to see if it worked. I truly hope more than a few people lose their jobs and some class action shit is filed.

Thank Gaben for refunds, seriously.

27. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 13:46 HoSpanky

If Rocksteady themselves are going to be working on fixing AK, there's hope. It's quite possible they'll sort out what's causing the hitching rather quickly, as they're the ones who wrote the base code. From how this all shook out, this is how I see it happened:

1: Rocksteady delays the game to get it right.
2: Late into optimizing for consoles, they realize they're not going to have time to optimize the PC version in time for release.
3: WB contracts a dev that has seen the engine before, in hopes of pulling off a Hail Mary and deliver the PC version on time, since the Nvidia bundles were already in the wild.
4: Turns out it's a bigger thing to tackle than they expected, and they barely manage to make it run at all.

WB has made all the right moves here that they could. I think this was them trying not to have to delay the game a second time (for PC at least). Taking the game off the store, despite it technically working, was a financial disaster for them. Rocksteady is now available to get it running right, and if they DO manage that, I'll have a hard time being mad about it. Get your refunds, and consider it as a "delayed release" like most console/PC games do, except this time the release date is probably going to be a surprise.

Rocksteady are rightfully proud of the Arkham games, and I doubt they'll let their final game in the series have a permanent stain. Let's just wait and see what they do. It's not like there aren't PLENTY of other great games to eat our time lately. I'm still just trying to FIND Ciri in W3, HOTS still has a death grip on an hour or two almost every day, and I'm still finding amusement in GTA Online.

Enhance your calm, John Spartans. Everything is going to be ok.

26. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 13:39  El Pit 

Kajetan wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:59:
Theres a lot of evidence, that piracy has only a very minor influence on sales, be it positve or negatve.
There are other factors, which determine the commercial success of a game. DRM or no DRM isnt one of them.

So, first you say piracy might or might not have an influence on sales and then you conclude by saying it does not. Also, I'm interested in this "lot of evidence". Any NEUTRAL sources?

It's good if the game is not cracked in the first four weeks. IT IS GOOD. It's the time most games are making most of their money.
Of course, not every pirated copy means a lost sale. True. But some do. How many? I think that differs largely from product to product. But saying that nobody who pirates a game would not buy it if he could not pirate it is bs, and you know that. It's what pirates say and their parrots.

25. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 13:32  El Pit 

Arkham Knight has not been cracked yet. The versions out there are not cracked. It's easy to check if you know where.  

24. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:33 jacobvandy

Simon Says wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:24:
Bullshit, quick search for a pirated version turned out positive. Its already cracked. And I'm not surprised.

And you tried it yourself to confirm it works flawlessly? The presence of game files on torrent site isn't proof that it's been cracked. Groups try to be "first," even if they have to tell you to wait for a crack to be able to play it. The same thing happened with GTA V.

23. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:29 Gadzooks

I dont doubt they will be able to create a "fix" patch for the main issues preventing players from running the game at an acceptable performance.

However, the pc port has been neutered compared to the console version. Comparison screenshots show how much nicers the PS4 version looks compared to the PC. Even when they patch the game, its doubtful that all of these missing aspects will make their way into the PC version of the game. The 3rd party they outsourced too didnt build the game around them, and its probably not realistic that they can just "patch" them in.

To make Batman AK as good (or better) on the PC, as it is on the PS4, in all aspects, is going to require them to build the game over again, from the ground up. And that just isnt going to happen.

22. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:24 jacobvandy

Kajetan wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:59:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:21:
A month of no piracy for a new release is worth a fortune to publishers, that's why it's the hot new thing.
There is no proof at all, that the non-availability of a copy has a positive effect on sales. Nor the opposite. Denuvo is just a tool to convince shareholders that you will do anything to protect your business. It doesnt really matter if a DRM system works or not. Its all about sending a message to the shareholders.

Theres a lot of evidence, that piracy has only a very minor influence on sales, be it positve or negatve.

Btw. ...

Lords of the Fallen is registered, according to Steamspy, to roughly 200k accounts. With Denuvo.
The special Edition of Dark Souls 2, the same number. Without Denuvo. Dark Souls 2, Vanilla Edition. 1 mio. Without Denuvo.
Dark Souls 1, nearly 2 mio. Without Denuvo.

There are other factors, which determine the commercial success of a game. DRM or no DRM isnt one of them.

*GASP*

21. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:24  Simon Says 

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:21:
You don't just crack Denuvo once and it's never a problem again. The way it's designed means the implementation for each game has to be cracked individually, and it usually takes about a month. A month of no piracy for a new release is worth a fortune to publishers, that's why it's the hot new thing.

Bullshit, quick search for a pirated version turned out positive. Its already cracked. And I'm not surprised.

20. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixed Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:23 Jerykk

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:00:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 09:25:
"TOP men."

Heheh good one!

Here's what I would've done: tossed the crappy PC port in the trash can, refunded all PC gamers and spent all the time, effort and money that is now being pumped into the PC version for a quick fix (even by TOP men) on optimizing the console versions.

Thankfully you aren't in charge. The game itself is fun and I enjoy playing it, but I wouldn't buy a console to do so. If they can fix the performance issues and restore the missing visual effects, the port will be fine.

19. removed Jun 26, 2015, 12:22  Darks 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 26, 2015, 12:51.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >