Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds

DSOGaming has information suggesting a contributing factor to performance issues with the PC edition of Batman: Arkham Knight may be that engaging its advanced visual features causes the game to run under DirectX 10 instead of DirectX 11. On a related note, the GMG & Playfire Community Blog has word from Green Man Gaming that they will offer refunds for Batman: Arkham Knight if "you still cannot play your game" after the release of the patch meant to address the PC issues that have some customers asking for their money back. Their statement doesn't make it entirely clear what the defining point would be for qualifying for a refund, as it reads: "Warner Bros. are currently working on a patch which we are hoping will be released soon. We want you to enjoy your game, but if after the fix has been released, you still cannot play your game, we will process refund requests for the game."
View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 18:00 Quinn

Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:32:
descender wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:22:
There is pretty clearly stuttering and hitching in your video (most obvious driving up the ramp to the top street level). I think the issue here is that some people either don't care or can't see it... I don't know. What passes for "acceptable performance" obviously means different things to different people.

I had a friend over the other day and I was bitching about how GTA5 stutters on my PC (almost like a pulse every few seconds) and he looked at me like I had 3 heads, he couldn't see it at all.

That's on my shit PC though... If I had your rig, I don't think I would be OK with the way the game seems to be running.

Side note: the car strafing looks so fuckin cheesy

I'm aware of a hitch around 1:54 or so. Other than that I just don't notice it. The game is well beyond playable unlike what most people have experienced on my system. Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the worst port I've ever played. But thats my experience, I'm aware other people are experiencing something far far worse and I'm not defending them, it needs fixed. But my personal experience has been fine.

It's possible that if I had paid 100 dollars for the Premium edition I'd be a little perturbed. But I spent 35 dollars and am having a great time with one of my favorite series.

Watched the vid. At first thought it was the video but the hitching was consistent with the timeline every time. I see hitching, mate. It performs like my game. It annoys me so I guess I'm more sensitive to it. Still,anyone who watches this can't imagine the hit WB is getting,can they? Sure the game runs worse than the old titles but it's also way more ambitious and pretty and huge. Plus, as always a patch will fix performance. Nothing new here, yet the fiasco this is made out to be...!

Refund policy good for us PC gamers? Right. Dream the fuck on.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 17:32 Trevellian

descender wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:22:
There is pretty clearly stuttering and hitching in your video (most obvious driving up the ramp to the top street level). I think the issue here is that some people either don't care or can't see it... I don't know. What passes for "acceptable performance" obviously means different things to different people.

I had a friend over the other day and I was bitching about how GTA5 stutters on my PC (almost like a pulse every few seconds) and he looked at me like I had 3 heads, he couldn't see it at all.

That's on my shit PC though... If I had your rig, I don't think I would be OK with the way the game seems to be running.

I'm aware of a hitch around 1:54 or so. Other than that I just don't notice it. The game is well beyond playable unlike what most people have experienced on my system. Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the worst port I've ever played. But thats my experience, I'm aware other people are experiencing something far far worse and I'm not defending them, it needs fixed. But my personal experience has been fine.

It's possible that if I had paid 100 dollars for the Premium edition I'd be a little perturbed. But I spent 35 dollars and am having a great time with one of my favorite series.

-C22

47. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 17:22 descender

46. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 16:17 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 07:21:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Same, no problems here with stuttering so far, installed on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. The game has other problems unrelated to streaming performance though, I've hit more than a few show stoppers so far. Glad it was a free video card pack in and that I wasn't dumb enough to drop money on this.

I actually have the same exact SSD, Samsung EVO 500GB.

I only paid $35 for a Akrham Knight Premium Key. So since my game runs fine I feel pretty good about my purchase.

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 03:09:
Video or I don't believe you. I have your rig, a GTX980 and one of the best SSD's on the market, 16gb -- but windows 8.1 instead of 7. I have everything maxed on 1080p. You? Anyway, wooshing through the city gives stuttering to an extent I simply don't believe hardware is the issue here. It's playable, just not acceptable. Standing on top of a building looking around me gives a solid fps -- it's the streaming this game doesn't handle right. Oh, and the batmobile in general seems to impact performance by just being there somehow.

Here you go, I set it to Private, I also cut the loading screens out because one of theme contained an extreme game spoiler as it was the last story mission I did.

I have MaxFPS set to 60.000000, recorded 4 minutes of driving around and even some combat with drones.

https://youtu.be/PV0fw-mt0JA

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 16:50.

-C22

45. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 13:21 Quinn

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 10:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
Ranger55 wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:28:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:01:
Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Video or I don't believe you. I have your rig, a GTX980 and one of the best SSD's on the market, 16gb -- but windows 8.1 instead of 7. I have everything maxed on 1080p. You? Anyway, wooshing through the city gives stuttering to an extent I simply don't believe hardware is the issue here. It's playable, just not acceptable. Standing on top of a building looking around me gives a solid fps -- it's the streaming this game doesn't handle right. Oh, and the batmobile in general seems to impact performance by just being there somehow.

What do you have your "max pre-rendered frames" set to in nvidia control panel? If you set it to 1 to reduce input lag arkham knight maybe is crapping the bed because it expects more based on consoles? Dunno but maybe its worth a shot trying the default (3) or higher?

Stupid me. During the clean new driver install I told myself to turn it back to the setting I had it on, 3 or 4 or maybe even 5. Will do that tomorrow after work! Can't imagine it fixing stuttering issues though but who knows.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

44. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 10:36 Mordecai Walfish

I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

What do you have your "max pre-rendered frames" set to in nvidia control panel? If you set it to 1 to reduce input lag arkham knight maybe is crapping the bed because it expects more based on consoles? Dunno but maybe its worth a shot trying the default (3) or higher?

43. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 07:21 Redmask

Same, no problems here with stuttering so far, installed on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. The game has other problems unrelated to streaming performance though, I've hit more than a few show stoppers so far. Glad it was a free video card pack in and that I wasn't dumb enough to drop money on this.

42. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 03:09 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

41. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 01:35 DarkCntry

Installed on a 6TB WD Red, granted for use in NAS boxes, but alas, totally a mechanical drive. Despite having a fairly beefy SSD, I rarely install things other than the OS on it simply due to old habits.

40. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 00:39 Trevellian

-C22

39. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:43 JediPunisher

Jerykk wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 23:10:
You can keep saying it but it's still going to be incorrect 99% of the time. I can make a very, very long list of multiplatform games that are better on PC. Off the top of my head: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, ...

I can see that you're just throwing a bunch of sh!t at the wall and hoping something sticks. The Witcher series (as well as a few others you mentioned) are not PC ports. Others such as RAGE and Fallout NV actually are better on the consoles. I know... I've played them both on an XB360 and my high-end PC. John Carmack actually designed RAGE on a 360 dev kit, which might explain why it ran a buttery smooth 60fps and half that on my PC; And Fallout NV was a jerky stuttering glitchy and unplayable mess on my PC... and while the 360 version was lower-res with muddy textures, at least I could play the damn game!

I wish you were right... I'm a long-time PC gamer with an expensive rig, but PC games are just an afterthought to most game publishers. About the only thing worth playing on my desktop these days are Kickstarter games.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 00:00.

38. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:10 Jerykk

JediPunisher wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:57:
I've said many times, PC games are best played on a PC and console games on a console. I've been burned too many times with bug-ridden PC ports.
BTW, the XB1 version of Arkham Knight looks and plays great on my desktop PC monitor.

You can keep saying it but it's still going to be incorrect 99% of the time. I can make a very, very long list of multiplatform games that are better on PC. Off the top of my head: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order, RAGE, Dishonored, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, all of the Bioshock games, all of the Borderlands games, all of the Mafia games, all of the Mass Effect games, all of the Dragon Age games, all of the CoD games, all of the BF games, all of the Witcher games, etc. The list of multiplats that are better on console? A much shorter list.

37. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:09  nin 

Task wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 23:06:
So... apparently sales for the game have been suspended. Curious why they didn't delay the PC release to begin with...

I'm sure they're wishing they had now, based on the (well earned) pummeling they're getting.

36. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:06 Task

So... apparently sales for the game have been suspended. Curious why they didn't delay the PC release to begin with...

And considering that the past Bat games have HIGH praise on Steam, they should have got it right the first time around.

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

35. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:57 JediPunisher

I've said many times, PC games are best played on a PC and console games on a console. I've been burned too many times with bug-ridden PC ports.
BTW, the XB1 version of Arkham Knight looks and plays great on my desktop PC monitor.

34. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:51 Ceribaen

I swear, these days there needs to be a site that actually tabulates the results of how a game runs on PC/PS4/PS3/XBone/X360

Getting harder and harder to figure out which if any platform to purchase a game for.

33. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:51 Mordecai Walfish

gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:47:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:55:
This was just posted on the Arkham Knights Announcement page in Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678167685991

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

And some vids I made if people are interested.

MaxFPS 60 Nvidia on/off comparison

MaxFPS 30 Nvidia on/off comparison

I (literally) could not be more pleased to see the community, as a whole, stand up and say "No, this is not acceptable," and see the publisher and developers cry back, "OK, OK... WE GET IT, WE'RE SORRY!"

I wonder how many refunds it took them to realize they were poisoning the brand?

32. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:24  Jivaro 

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:11:
Retired wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:03:
Hoping my Batman PS4 and game don't have issues.....

(Just finished about the first 45 minutes) It looks beautiful, and runs at a steady 30. Watching the camera pan around the city during the opening reminded me of the first time we saw Rapture from the sub in bioshock. Your jaw just drops...

And the tank is actually fun, so far!

Yeah, second what Nin said. The PS4 version (which I have as well) seems to be just fine from a technical standpoint and great fun from a gameplay standpoint.

31. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:11  nin 

Retired wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:03:

(Just finished about the first 45 minutes) It looks beautiful, and runs at a steady 30. Watching the camera pan around the city during the opening reminded me of the first time we saw Rapture from the sub in bioshock. Your jaw just drops...

And the tank is actually fun, so far!

30. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 22:03 Retired

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >