Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed

The Patch 2.3.0 PTR Preview for Diablo III we posted last night outlines some significant changes coming to Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. They outline plans for a new zone, a new artifact, crafting updates, adventure mode updates, a new Season Journey feature, new difficulty levels, new Legendary and Set items, and combat changes. The most drastic change is probably the new artifact, Kanai's Cube, which is apparently the Horadric Cube's daddy. Here's word on this upcoming change that will appear soon on the test realm:
For those who eagerly gather crafting materials on their journey to level 70, we’ve got good news you’ll especially enjoy. Starting in Patch 2.3.0, the same crafting mats you use at max level will be available as you level up! We’ve also crunched down the number of crafting recipes, making the process easier and more fluid than ever as your results now dynamically adjust to your character’s level. Whether you’re bashing skulls on the highest difficulty or have just started your career and killed your first Champion or Elite pack, your crafting mats will never go to waste.
View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 25, 2015, 06:02 GL1zdA

pagb wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:29:
And D2... what's the point of doing Baal or Mephisto runs for hours? Rly?
You don't know? To get more gear to do Baal or Mephisto runs faster. Even doing a rift after rift is better than this.

Honestly, I play D3 every now and then, not enough to get me bored, but I also don't have time to play it more. For someone like me, all these little changes add enough variety to create and play a new character every season.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 22:04 Axis

Grim Dawn cant be compared to either because there's no economy & server persistence.

Like torchlight, borderlands, etc, they're just singleplayer/coop loot balloon games.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:56:
Act 3 was just released, and they're looking at Act 4 coming with the full release before the end of the year... It's taken longer than they anticipated, sure, but the scope of the game has also about tripled compared to what they pitched in the Kickstarter. Five years isn't bad at all when the first half of that was only a handful of ex-Titan Quest devs working in their spare time, dwindling down to the one main guy before finally getting the funds they needed to make it happen. It's already a very good game, and has been since it was made available through Early Access.

I know, Grim Dawn is one of my few Kickstarters, and I've played the alpha/beta(?) a bit every now and then to see where it's at. I'm holding off now until the 'release,' and of course it's not fair to compare Grim Dawn to Diablo 3 or even PoE because of their staffing.

16. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 18:56 jacobvandy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:06:
Hopefully Grim Dawn ends up being great when it's finally finished in 2020 or so. :o

Act 3 was just released, and they're looking at Act 4 coming with the full release before the end of the year... It's taken longer than they anticipated, sure, but the scope of the game has also about tripled compared to what they pitched in the Kickstarter. Five years isn't bad at all when the first half of that was only a handful of ex-Titan Quest devs working in their spare time, dwindling down to the one main guy before finally getting the funds they needed to make it happen. It's already a very good game, and has been since it was made available through Early Access.

15. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

No game is going to last forever; I've definitely got my money's worth from D3, and I think I've passed the point where I've played more D3 than vanilla D2. Definitely far more than Diablo 1.

I'll probably play some more D3 for awhile after 2.3.0 hits, then stop and go back to clearing out the gog/steam backlog when I get bored. Six hours of played time(to finish) Wolfenstein the old Blood, eh Steam? You got me this time!

PoE for whatever reason didn't even last as long for me, although I did level up like 10 characters in that game.(all shoddily built, no doubt, but fun builds to me.) PoE's problem is the actual fight mechanics just aren't as good as Diablo 3's.

Hopefully Grim Dawn ends up being great when it's finally finished in 2020 or so.

14. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 16:15 LiTh

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 13:20:
Axis wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:47:
PoE/D2 you can play for years on end and never get bored.
False, bored to death with both of them also.

PoE is the same story as D3, new patch additions lure you in, level up a toon just to ditch him upon reaching high end because it's the same all over again.

Except that PoE at least gives you a million different ways to build a character. So many very different skills and combinations, as well as Vaal skills and much better crafting system. With upcoming 2.0 release, we also get jewels, divination cards, more new skills, new monsters, and new play mechanics each season, on top of an entire new act for the game. I sometimes get bored with a character, but I keep coming back to try something new.

This has also been my experience, the sheer depth of PoE puts it in a class of its own among ARPG's with only D2 able to match up (and D2 its more then 10 years old)

13. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 14:01 verybad1

Haven't played D3 since I realized that you weren't building a character because they could use every skill. Utterly bored after about two solid days of playing. I vastly enjoyed D2 more than D3.  

12. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 13:20 Wowbagger_TIP

PoE is the same story as D3, new patch additions lure you in, level up a toon just to ditch him upon reaching high end because it's the same all over again.

Except that PoE at least gives you a million different ways to build a character. So many very different skills and combinations, as well as Vaal skills and much better crafting system. With upcoming 2.0 release, we also get jewels, divination cards, more new skills, new monsters, and new play mechanics each season, on top of an entire new act for the game. I sometimes get bored with a character, but I keep coming back to try something new.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

11. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:29 pagb

10. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:15 Jivaro

looking forward to some more content etc. I have had the itch to play but I think I will hold back and work on my backlog until there is something new to do.  

9. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:11 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:00:
I like what the new director has been doing with D3, some missteps but mostly positive stuff. Big improvement from the Wilson days. It's a much better game now than it was at release and can't argue with the value proposition or support.

It's a lot of fun on the console with local co-op.

8. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:00 Verno

Xero wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:39:
Malachii wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:15:
Same. I play a ton and then realize there's no real point. Need another xpac with higher level cap imo. Each time they tease with this new content I get excited, but realize it's just a carrot.

This does sound like a great patch though. Man, if you didn't play it at all and started the game fresh now, the bang for your buck would be fantastic.

Also gotta hand it to Blizz, putting the kind of support into this that we only dream other titles had. The initial purchase and xpac has been a heck of a value.

My same feelings. You are just progressing thru whatever new content they dumped with the patch and once you either get bored of it or to the end of it, your back to either wanting more or wondering what was the point.
I suppose I get this feeling with most ARPG's though. The only fix I think would really help me get the drive again is an entirely new expansion with new class and act. I think most are burnt out of what's available now.

Yep exactly, I get this with every game. I'll revisit it when theres an expansion and enjoy the wealth of added content that was patched during the interim. These days I don't want a game I'm going to play infinitely anyway, too much stuff on the market and not enough time in the day.

I like what the new director has been doing with D3, some missteps but mostly positive stuff. Big improvement from the Wilson days. It's a much better game now than it was at release and can't argue with the value proposition or support.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

7. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 11:47 Axis

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 09:02:
How about another expansion, or more content? Every time a major patch comes out, I play for about a week, and then get bored again.

That's because the game is crap. Longevity and keeping you coming back is the ONLY benchmark for ARPG loot balloons - production value lasts for 1 playthrough. If it's fun, has interesting and deep mechanics, you'll keep playing. May be news to you blizz fannies, but it's not like we didn't warn you.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 11:53.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 11:42 Brazor

If I recall correctly all Diablo 3 announcements came from the trade show in Germany. If they don't do it there than they'll do it at Blizzcon.
Nevalistis told me at last year's Blizzcon that they know the demand for another expansion is there. I had told her that I was disappointed that they didn't announce one then but her and one of the other community girls looked at me funny and said "But we JUST released ROS!"

5. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 11:37 Creston

Torment X... o_O

4. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 10:39 Xero

Malachii wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:15:
Same. I play a ton and then realize there's no real point. Need another xpac with higher level cap imo. Each time they tease with this new content I get excited, but realize it's just a carrot.

This does sound like a great patch though. Man, if you didn't play it at all and started the game fresh now, the bang for your buck would be fantastic.

Also gotta hand it to Blizz, putting the kind of support into this that we only dream other titles had. The initial purchase and xpac has been a heck of a value.

My same feelings. You are just progressing thru whatever new content they dumped with the patch and once you either get bored of it or to the end of it, your back to either wanting more or wondering what was the point.
I suppose I get this feeling with most ARPG's though. The only fix I think would really help me get the drive again is an entirely new expansion with new class and act. I think most are burnt out of what's available now.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

3. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 10:15 Malachii

2. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 09:41 Armengar

new stuff better than nothing though. Lets see how the breaking down legendaries for buffs works, there are some nice legendary effects out there - RRoG for one.

Could do with more stash space though.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

1. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 09:02 nin

How about another expansion, or more content? Every time a major patch comes out, I play for about a week, and then get bored again.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >