Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75

The Frontier Developments Store now offers pre-orders for Planet Coaster as well as an Early Bird Beta Pass for the upcoming theme-park game, charging $29.99 for the game, but a whopping $74.99 for beta access. They don't specify when the beta begins, or whether it's already underway, saying simply: "Your Early Bird Beta pass will give you access to our beta version of Planet Coaster before its release, and full access to the complete game on release." Thanks Eurogamer.
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 17:52  Slick 

ThemePark of GTFO  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 16:52 Rhett

Planetary Annihilation all over again... that went over well. Game's like $5 on sale now.  

8. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 15:50 Axis

The elite crowd is nothing like the sims coaster crowd, not even remotely close.

Elite fans are 1980's old-school pc gamers who are more than happy to spend money to test/play reboots of true classics.

Coaster sim fans are late 90s gamers who likely got into the series by way of xbox 10 years ago (or pc, but I'm expecting most were xbox), and have no desire to pay through the nose just to EA another one.

This is a bad move, will generate more bad press than good and I'm expecting we'll see a change soon enough when it doesn't pan out. Regardless, don't matter to me, just saying what seems obvious to me.

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 15:22 SpectralMeat

Spend your money wisely. If it isn't worth it for you than do not buy it. There are many other games that can be listed here that does the same thing, that other space game in the making is the most famous for it.
Game will be $30 when it comes out, and probably much much lower on sales after release.
For the hardcore fans I am sure the beta cost will worth it.
I personally didn't regret spending money on the beta for Elite, I got my money worth out of it in entertainment. To each their own

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 14:20  jdreyer 

$75? Why not! It worked for Elite! And the history/appeal of these games is identical!  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

5. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 11:05  Cutter 

Lol, what are they smoking?

"Listen, Iím not the nicest guy in the Universe because Iím the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets." - Rick Sanchez

4. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 10:57 Silent Bob

Quboid wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 10:16:
RollerCoaster Tycoon was an economic game which would appeal to plenty of the Elite crowd. They did the same thing with Elite Dangerous, limiting their beta to those who are exploitable have nostalgia and disposable income.

I really doubt that Planet Coaster will have the cult following that Elite did. RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 are probably my favorite games of all time. I did buy the Elite Dangerous beta. And there's no way in hell I would spend $75 dollars for this.

3. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 10:16  Quboid 

RollerCoaster Tycoon was an economic game which would appeal to plenty of the Elite crowd. They did the same thing with Elite Dangerous, limiting their beta to those who are exploitable have nostalgia and disposable income.  

2. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 09:44 Axis

Planet Coaster would be a game marketed to casual Sims gamers.
Casual Sims gamers don't buy betas, and sure as hell don't buy them for $75.

Someone in their marketing department needs fired asap.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 09:22  nin 

I guess (hope?) they'll eventually do steam keys for current purchases, like they did with Elite?

I hope it's awesome, as I've not played one of these in years. But short of something mindblowing, there's no way in hell I'm dropping $75 on it now...

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >