Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

On Sale

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2015, 09:07 Verno

I grabbed 3-4 games, great sale but my backlog is still pretty big.  

Playing: Days Gone
Watching: Altered Carbon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2015, 08:38 LiTh

I was tempted, but only thing i really wanted was GTA5, but i'm waiting for the next generation of nvidia cards before i grab it on discount then. I'll parrot what everyone else said, basically too big a back log and nothing really enticing, especially with the knowledge of so many games i want from E3 coming in the near future.  

11. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2015, 08:03 Axis

Bout $80 on sale, but all gifts.

Continuing PoE Beta...

Yours truly,

Axis

10. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2015, 03:17  jdreyer 

Frijoles wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 20:58:
I spent $75ish and then played WoW all weekend. God I need help.

I relate. Spent about $30 on Gog, $10 on Steam, played Sup Com all weekend, which I bought back in 2007. Dozey

The one thing I was waiting to go on sale, X-Wing Alliance, didn't. Anywhere. I've got a copy I DL'd from somewhere a couple of years ago when it wasn't available anywhere, but I'd rather have a proper copy.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

9. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 23:23 Asmodai

First steam sale in... well, ever, where I haven't spent a single cent (the 3 cards I picked up to make 1 badge were paid for out of selling other duplicate cards).

Very weak sale imo, any of the titles I don't have and might have been tempted by weren't very discounted if at all.

And that click game... Who came up with that piece of shit. 35 seconds was enough to convince me all you had to do was log in, get cards, log out. I'm 40 and fight RSI already, I don't need that bullshit to add to it.

8. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 22:27 walrus1

I thought this was the weakest sale. So many companies pulled weird things with their pricing that it really got insulting. Do they think we can't see through their BS discounts? Also so many things were on sale for the exact amount as previous sales or sometimes more. The number of games that have less of a discount on this sale then previous ones is truly staggering. It's times like these that Enhanced Steam saves your skin. Also far too many early access games were featured and far too many 20-40% discounts as dailys or flashs.

I did get Ground Zeros and The Withcer 1 and 2. I'm on the fence about Grim Fandango. It's a good price for what should be a good game but I can't shake the feeling it'll be back on discount for the exact same amount or probably less fairly soon.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2015, 22:35.

7. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 21:07  nin 

Frijoles wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 20:58:

OK, that made me chuckle.

6. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 20:58  Frijoles 

5. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 19:28 Silicon Avatar

I didn't buy anything this year. I have too much backlog right now to add new things.

4. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 19:21  nin 

Pigeon wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 18:03:
Saboth wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 17:33:
I think I spent about $35 total, and about $10 of that was on GoG or Bundlestars, and $5 was on collectables and trading cards. I usually blow about $60-$80 on a good Steam Sale. It's a combination of owning a lot of games already, and many of the sales were merely 40-50% off. I also passed on a few deals because I figured if nothing better came along, I'd pick them up at the end of the sale, but during the "Finale", they didn't go back down to their daily or flash price.

I picked up 3 games and ended up spending ~$20. Like you I have a lot of backlog, so it was pretty easy to ignore items in my wishlist going on sale. There were a few games that were tempting, but I'd rather wait for a GOTY editions to come out.

I spent about $50-$60 at gog, and got a ton of shit. Steam I only dropped $10 for the Metro redux pack. There was plenty of stuff I could have got, but each time I weighed it against my existing backlog and wondered when the hell I'd actually get around to playing it...so I skipped them.

3. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 18:03 Pigeon

Saboth wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 17:33:
I think I spent about $35 total, and about $10 of that was on GoG or Bundlestars, and $5 was on collectables and trading cards. I usually blow about $60-$80 on a good Steam Sale. It's a combination of owning a lot of games already, and many of the sales were merely 40-50% off. I also passed on a few deals because I figured if nothing better came along, I'd pick them up at the end of the sale, but during the "Finale", they didn't go back down to their daily or flash price.

I picked up 3 games and ended up spending ~$20. Like you I have a lot of backlog, so it was pretty easy to ignore items in my wishlist going on sale. There were a few games that were tempting, but I'd rather wait for a GOTY editions to come out.

2. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 18:03 Quinn

I bought Last Light Redux and... That FPS where you are a kick-ass mage. Arch-mage? Demi-god? Whatever.

Oh, and I pirated Hatred. If it's solid and as shallow and dumb as I expect it to br, I'll buy it.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

1. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2015, 17:33 Saboth

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >