Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer

The Star Wars Battlefront website now features the E3 trailer for Star Wars Battlefront, showing a "Walker Assault on Hoth." Here's word: "In Star Wars™ Battlefront™ you can battle in epic 40 multiplayer battles reminiscent of The Battle of Hoth. As the Empire, you must accompany AT-AT walkers as they march towards the Rebel base to destroy it. And as a Rebel, you must do everything you can to stop them."

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 18:59 Osc8r

Trailer is epic.

Doubt the gameplay will be anywhere near as good, but hey... willing to give it a try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 16:54 Ant

It looks nice, but this is EA & Dice. Does anyone still play the original SW:BF games?  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 09:01 nin

DangerDog wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 01:26:
Has it been confirmed that they'll have bots for all multiplayer modes? I think I've only heard of them referencing the co-op missions as having bot support.

Not all. Only some.

23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 07:00 pagb

They had me in until the 20vs20 thing... consoles holding us back again, i guess.  

22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 01:53 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 23:26:
Slick will be pleased that the facial animations look good

you know damn well that nothing pleases me.

also yes, i'm thrilled that a game with zero rpg elements, no dialogue, no cutscenes, no reason to see any humanoid emotion has better animations then the runaway RPG of E3 so far...

and to totally jack this thread, this is what Valve did with Half Life 2 a decade ago. That's the bar in case any old farts on here have stopped keeping track.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 01:26 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 01:09:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 00:42:
I can't wait for this one!

I will admit, it does scratch that itch.

And it has bots for those times I don't want to be spawn-camped by a 13 year old.

Has it been confirmed that they'll have bots for all multiplayer modes? I think I've only heard of them referencing the co-op missions as having bot support.

One thing's for sure, the 360 and PS3 have been holding back game developers and there by PC games for far too long.

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 01:19:
something was bugging me about this video and that nailed it. if you can strike from orbit, there's no point in landing ground units, which was the whole point of the shield generator and the entire level.

Let's not start bringing logic into the game or the movie for that matter, the idea of using slow walking AT-AT type vehicles in the first place is beyond reckoning.

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 01:19 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 23:24:
Task wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:04:
Looks pretty cinematic.

Although my nitpicking Star Wars observations have been channeled! ;). No cockpit view for the AT-AT looked to be on rails and you could only swivel the head instead of doing cool Ace piloting moves to shoot at speeders or kneeling down to unload Stormtroopers :\, automatic third person for tow cable, Rodians (reptilians) and Quarrens would freeze pretty quick without headgear (Quarrens also have to keep their skin "moist" to stay alive) Luke was not wearing his black tunic at the Battle of Hoth and should be in his Speeder/Hoth gear, some better hero spawns for this would be General Veers, Wedge Antilles, Han Solo, or Dash Rendar. Also, this appeared to be the attack closer to the hangers and Ion cannon, rather than the Generator frontline with the first wave of AT-ATs.

Not to mention, they were doing orbital strikes, but the shield generator was fully operational!

something was bugging me about this video and that nailed it. if you can strike from orbit, there's no point in landing ground units, which was the whole point of the shield generator and the entire level.

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 01:09 jdreyer

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 00:42:

I will admit, it does scratch that itch.

And it has bots for those times I don't want to be spawn-camped by a 13 year old.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 00:42 Steele Johnson

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:52 edaciousx

Honestly does anyone here really think that Dice really put in the effort to make a good game? They just cut and paste star wars stuff over bf3/4/hardline....  

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:26 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:36:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:06:
$120 with some sort of premium DLC deal or another, ouch

^ this is one of the main reasons not to buy this garbage

I dunno, the money's all up on screen. Slick will be pleased that the facial animations look good, although the stormtroopers are a bit stone-faced. But it's not like they're trying to sell an 8-bit game for that much.

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:24 jdreyer

Looks pretty cinematic.

Although my nitpicking Star Wars observations have been channeled! ;). No cockpit view for the AT-AT looked to be on rails and you could only swivel the head instead of doing cool Ace piloting moves to shoot at speeders or kneeling down to unload Stormtroopers :\, automatic third person for tow cable, Rodians (reptilians) and Quarrens would freeze pretty quick without headgear (Quarrens also have to keep their skin "moist" to stay alive) Luke was not wearing his black tunic at the Battle of Hoth and should be in his Speeder/Hoth gear, some better hero spawns for this would be General Veers, Wedge Antilles, Han Solo, or Dash Rendar. Also, this appeared to be the attack closer to the hangers and Ion cannon, rather than the Generator frontline with the first wave of AT-ATs.

Not to mention, they were doing orbital strikes, but the shield generator was fully operational!

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:19 Slick

Although my nitpicking Star Wars observations have been channeled!

some better hero spawns for this would be General Veers, Wedge Antilles, Han Solo, or Dash Rendar.

There could be multiple hero spawn choices for each map. Each of those characters could be done, each representing a different class. I'm assuming that there's a melee class for grunts? but maybe not, as i don't think i saw any melee going on aside from vader and luke

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:16 Slick

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 21:34:
Sigh, this looks great. Danger Dog is right though, they are going to monetize/exploit the shit out of this. I'm afraid to see how bad the DLC/Battlepack/Premium/Whatever situation actually gets, I'm guessing approaching $200 this time around.

Still, it does look stupidly fun, sounds great too.

without any evidence, i think that it's plain to see, to any intelligent rational person, that this game will cost no less than $350 with all the DLC. i mean, come on EA.

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 23:11 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 21:34:
Sigh, this looks great. Danger Dog is right though, they are going to monetize/exploit the shit out of this. I'm afraid to see how bad the DLC/Battlepack/Premium/Whatever situation actually gets, I'm guessing approaching $200 this time around.

It's not probably going to be any different than Battlefield games, $60 for the base game and $50 for premium. The "Deluxe" edition is just early access to weapons so at least they're not pulling the exclusive weapons or textures thing with the "Deluxe" edition.

The release date put's it on target for Black Friday sales, at least here in the US.

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 22:49 nin

TangledThorns wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 21:37:
Looks like how it should though I wonder if the AT-ATs are steerable or walking on a set path?

Set path is the rumor. I don't care, as I'll be in the air.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:37 TangledThorns

Looks like how it should though I wonder if the AT-ATs are steerable or walking on a set path?  

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:26 4D-Boxing

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:36:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:06:
$120 with some sort of premium DLC deal or another, ouch

^ this is one of the main reasons not to buy this garbage

Well Sir, that is a very compelling argument. Let's see if they can give me a reason to buy then.

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:12 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:56:
runnerct32 wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:47:
looks awesome!!!!

Yeah, begrudgingly, I'm going to have to play that.

Whee! This looks like a lot of fun. (I'm sure they'll find a way to make it not work online for the first month.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >