Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Mass Effect Andromeda Announced

EA and BioWare announce Mass Effect Andromeda is in development at BioWare Montreal as a follow-up to the action/RPG/shooter trilogy coming to Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in time for the 2016 holidays. A post on the BioWare Blog introducing the game and offering its official E3 trailer, which includes the following one-liner: "A new adventure awaits in the Mass Effect universe. With stunning visuals and a new galaxy to discover, BioWare delivers the next generation of space exploration." Here's word from the blog on what's going on this time around:

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

We built this trailer in Frostbite™, our game engine, and it represents our visual target for the final game. We are thrilled by what we’ve already been able to achieve in bringing Mass Effect to Frostbite and by putting our entire focus on PC and current gen consoles. With the time remaining in development, we’re excited about the possibility to push things even more.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 19:46 Vall Forran

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 17:53:
InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 02:28:
No gameplay. Telling? Probably, because the Witcher3 makes this game look like space putty for toddlers.

Give them some credit in how they announced it now and have no intention to releasing it until the end of next year. That is probably why there is no gameplay footage.

It's "Announced". It's pretty rare to see gameplay at such a stage, especially now, when even the Witcher is getting reamed by people for not living up to it's show-time super-upres-no-one-can-play spectacle.

Would you really want someone holding a pre-alpha version of your game as canon?

Star Citizen has released constant updates, though not at e3 that I've seen (Hmmmmm), but has been shat on by everyone.

I'm not defending anyone, just saying that "What the hell do you do at this point?"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:53 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 02:28:
No gameplay. Telling? Probably, because the Witcher3 makes this game look like space putty for toddlers.

Give them some credit in how they announced it now and have no intention to releasing it until the end of next year. That is probably why there is no gameplay footage.

40. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 11:00 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:07:
That leaked survey thing has a whole section on collecting resources, thanks EA just what people love about your games - BUSYWORK!

Witcher 3 proved you can have meaningful secondary content without making it repetitive grindathons, why can't EA with its infinitely bigger pockets figure this out?

Well, CDProjekt actually cares about their players, whereas EA only cares about money.

39. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 09:32 Creston

Flatline wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 18:17:
But the shit writing and the end-o-tron 4000 with the colored lights was basically like taking a shit on someone's chest and calling it a souffle.

Anyway, Shepard won't be back, but I really, REALLY hope we get Jennifer Hale back for FemAndromedaN7.

38. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 09:07 Verno

That leaked survey thing has a whole section on collecting resources, thanks EA just what people love about your games - BUSYWORK!

Witcher 3 proved you can have meaningful secondary content without making it repetitive grindathons, why can't EA with its infinitely bigger pockets figure this out?

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

37. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 06:32 Mordhaus

The only thing we can hope is that a descendant of Marauder Shields can save us this time.  

36. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 02:28 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

35. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 23:07 eRe4s3r

There is really no way this makes any sense if it's post Mass Effect 3 RGB ending Unless we are talking, 200 or 500 or 5000 years after. Even then questionable, specially with blue and green ending

Will say though that it looked great. But then what AAA game does not with Unreal 4, latest Frostbite etc....

Also, the PR blurb says that character is not player character.

34. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 19:27 Vall Forran

Totally agree with Cutter.  

33. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 19:23 Cutter

Flatline wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 18:17:
Edit: I love me some Johnny Cash but that was a weird choice for music. I mean, we don't exactly listen to 16th century chamber music which would be the equivalent. Considering that the song is about purgatory or hell for unrepentant cowboys, my guess is that Shepherd is still alive and trapped in the crucible thing by the reaper thing and is in a Matrix-style purgatory.

Because why the f*ck not.

What are you talking about? I listen to baroque and choral music all the time.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

32. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 19:18 Megalodon

It's been awhile since I played a Mass Effect game, really looking forward to seeing more info on this.

31. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:44 Graham

Wraith wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 16:52:
That's a shit trailer, the tone is completely off.

Just tell me the fuckwit who came up with the three-colour ending isn't part of this.

The tone is off... from what, exactly? The old trilogy? Guess what: it's not that.

Space cowboys are awesome.

Blue-y bought a bit of Cutter, but he said this Cutter's bitter. If I put it in my comments it will make my comments bitter. So he bought some better comments to ignore the bitter Cutter. It didn't make Cutter better but they made the forum glitter.

30. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:43 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 18:25:
meh, i'm a bitch to the scifi-ness of mass effect. i might as well just bend over and shove the game disk up my ass. totally love this series, even with the idiotic ending.

So, yeah. Trying to bleach that image out of my brain. Not working...

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

29. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:31 Vall Forran

Yep, Frostbite.  

28. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:27 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 17:38:
Chu Chu! I'm fucking DOWN for more Mass Effect!

1.5 years away though.

Also, this is a terrible trailer. Country music should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever evereeervevrebvrebrebrebreraegreryg be used for a game trailer. EVER.

I was thinking this was mAss Effect the HBO series.

I take this is Frostbite?

27. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:25 1badmf

meh, i'm a bitch to the scifi-ness of mass effect. i might as well just bend over and shove the game disk up my ass. totally love this series, even with the idiotic ending.  

26. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:17 Flatline

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 17:35:
They need to return to what made this series great, the last one was mediocre at best.

I'd argue that the last half of ME3 was mediocre at best. Some of the sub-stories were excellent. Mordin's in particular.

In retrospect I get what the intent was. I don't know how they decided on the colored end-o-tron 4000 but the intent was to basically elevate Shepard into Nietzsche's ubermensch. Everyone keeps talking about how you commit readily to decisions that nobody else can even fathom and how alien it is to them and yadda yadda yadda. In a perfect world your decisions would have been wildly altering things throughout the trilogy until you got to the point where your final decision concerning the reapers isn't even on the morality scale of the rest of the cast.

I don't know *how* you'd do that in a video game and have it end up meaningful, if it's even possible. But the shit writing and the end-o-tron 4000 with the colored lights was basically like taking a shit on someone's chest and calling it a souffle.

Edit: I love me some Johnny Cash but that was a weird choice for music. I mean, we don't exactly listen to 16th century chamber music which would be the equivalent. Considering that the song is about purgatory or hell for unrepentant cowboys, my guess is that Shepherd is still alive and trapped in the crucible thing by the reaper thing and is in a Matrix-style purgatory.

Because why the f*ck not.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 18:23.

25. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:13 Quinn

Here's my take on the trailer:

That guy in the trailer, that's Shepard. Somehow, that's Shepard. I'm certain it's fucking Shepard. Mark my words. "fuck me, Quinn was right."

I'm fucking excited. If that's somehow Shepard and they made it even a bit so that it makes a pinch of sense, I'm so fucking excited. Hell, I'd play the trilogy again if this is the case! I guess I'm all for soft sci-fi. Shepard!

Edit: Yup, must be Shepard. Face is hidden. N7 logo. And a "more on that person in the trailer you're not playing!" Trust me, they won' t reveal that that person is Bob who still owes 5 dollars to the local tavern.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 18:20.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

24. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:11 NegaDeath

I look forward to seeing how the writers manage to escape the potential telepathic glowing green machine-people ending of 3. Maybe if you import that save they just stare at each other during conversations?

Snark aside I do still have a weakness for the series. Look forward to more.

23. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 17:52 CJ_Parker

Vall Forran wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 17:49:
I saw some internet comments (Totally trustworthy! :\) that basically say this is a parallel game to ME.

Dude? How about just reading the very fucking newsbit you are commenting on???

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo