Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Summer Sale

The Steam Monster Summer Sale is now underway. Here's word:
The Steam Monster Summer Sale is here! For the next eleven days, take advantage of huge savings throughout our store on thousands of games. Check back every 12 hours to see new Daily Deals. You can even help unlock additional discounts by playing our Monster Summer Game.

More than four hundred products will be featured as Daily Deals throughout the sale, with new deals popping up every 12 hours.

Today's Deals include:
- Grand Theft Auto V up to 30% off
- XCOM Franchise up to 80% off
- X-Plane 10 Global 50% off
- Next Car Game: Wreckfest 50% off
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number 33% off
- Farming Simulator 15 33% off
- Homeworld Remastered Collection 60% off
- Don't Starve 75% off
- Metro Franchise up to 80% off
- NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution 66% off
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth 50% off
- Sniper Elite Franchise up to 75% off
- Darkest Dungeon 25% off
- Valkyria Chronicles 75% off
- Tales from the Borderlands 50% off

Along with the sale is the Monster Summer Game. Join a game and fight the enemy monsters as you help your team level up, unlock new abilities, and achieve community milestones. Plus, get Summer Sale Trading Cards just for playing.

With your help, players of the Monster Game can work together to unlock special discounts on select games. Each milestone reached unlocks a new discount on a mystery game, available to everyone on Steam at 10am Pacific time the following day. New milestones each day through June 18.

The Steam Monster Summer Sale will run from now until 10 AM Pacific, June 22nd. Complete information can be found here.
View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 15, 2015, 09:55 Verno

Yeah Far Cry 4 was awesome. They improved on everything and did away with a bunch of annoyances. Its your typical Ubisoft open world game filled with repetitive tasks but its one of those sum of its parts games.  

Playing: Hades, Beat Saber, Control
Watching: Uncut Gems, The Good Place, The Office
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 13, 2015, 04:25 Jerykk

I thought FC4 was great. Improved upon FC3 in every way. Better missions, better vehicles, better animals, better weapons, better AI, better towers, better world-building, better characters and better story. Granted, the world wasn't nearly as fleshed out or interesting as an RPG's but for a shooter, it was well-done.  

44. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 20:09 jdreyer

Retired wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 14:00:
There was a problem trying to join a game. Please try again later

Valve has utterly failed the last 2-3 years on every sale. Quit with the gimmicks and just have a sale.

THIS. I totally ignore all that meta stuff, and just look for good game deals.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

43. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 16:56 Flatline

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 08:45:
Far cry 4 and AC:Unity can be had for $10 apiece at Frys, altho I think it's in-store only at this point. They're leftover vouchers from the Samsung hard drive bundles.

I have fc4, but after GTAV and now Witcher, fc4's world feels...bad. Not sure why. It looks alright, and there's always, ALWAYS something trying to kill me. I think it's the constant "go do this other thing!" That it does, literally every 45-60 seconds. "Here's a truck you should steal and drive back the way you came!" "Here's a hostage situation!" "Here's another hostage situation and a truck to hijack!"

I find it very...unfun. Even taking over a camp sucks this time, as they put a TON of guys inside buildings where you can't see them until you get in, then they come out like an angry anthill. Stealth takeovers are super difficult because of this. That's just me, though. My coworkers found it tons of fun.

FC4 has some great moments in it but the fucking eagles are idiotic, I've completely stopped caring about the story, and I'm so obscenely leveled up that the last half of the game is a cakewalk.

It's pretty, I'll give it that. And I dug the Shangri-la levels a lot, but it's missing a certain element that FC3 managed to nail. FC3 had some fantasy elements to it but at the end of the day it felt rooted in the real world. FC4 seems like a caricature of FC3 and suffers for it.

Back on topic, Homeworld HD is on sale for 13 bucks, which I picked up. If you don't have it yet it's worth it.

Also the two metro redux games are on sale for 9 bucks. Not a bad deal if you don't have them already (I had metro 2033 but that was it).

42. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 14:00 Retired

There was a problem trying to join a game. Please try again later

Valve has utterly failed the last 2-3 years on every sale. Quit with the gimmicks and just have a sale.

41. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 13:59 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:22:

I am tempted to get Valkyria Chronicles, but watching Let's Plays it looks really simplistic. Also the story looked full of every Janime cliche in the book.

I thought the same thing, I picked up about 6mo ago for $7 and it's an incredibly great game. More-so for the story than anything else, but the combat is fun as hell. It's worth the $5 or so that it's selling for right now.

Okay, cool. Can't go wrong for $5. Plus I do dig the art style.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 13:58 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 04:11:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 04:01:
It's illegal to give away free stuff in Canada? That seems to contradict some of the things I've heard.
The price previously was $59.99, the price was raised to $79.99, then it was stated that "free items" were given away at the higher price, with the discounted price being exactly the same as the previous list price. This falls under materially false, and misleading representation of the sale price. Thus illegal, under canadian law.

Actually, I'm showing the original there with its original price, plus three bundles that are also the same price. How can it be claimed that they raised the price if the original one is still sitting there at MSRP? Was this the case for Best Buy?

39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 12:31 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 08:45:
I find it very...unfun. Even taking over a camp sucks this time, as they put a TON of guys inside buildings where you can't see them until you get in, then they come out like an angry anthill. Stealth takeovers are super difficult because of this. That's just me, though. My coworkers found it tons of fun.

That's definitely you, dude. I take over probably 80 to 90% of all camps with the full undetected bonus. Just about the only ones that I usually fail to do so are the ones with Hunters in them. (I still manage if I game the silly AI, but most times I just don't bother and go raaaarrggh.)

38. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 09:23 nin

Dacron wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 09:22:
http://i.imgur.com/MD6VT7b.jpg

Interesting?

Shark cards.

37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 09:22 Dacron

http://i.imgur.com/MD6VT7b.jpg

Interesting?

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 08:45 HoSpanky

Far cry 4 and AC:Unity can be had for $10 apiece at Frys, altho I think it's in-store only at this point. They're leftover vouchers from the Samsung hard drive bundles.

I have fc4, but after GTAV and now Witcher, fc4's world feels...bad. Not sure why. It looks alright, and there's always, ALWAYS something trying to kill me. I think it's the constant "go do this other thing!" That it does, literally every 45-60 seconds. "Here's a truck you should steal and drive back the way you came!" "Here's a hostage situation!" "Here's another hostage situation and a truck to hijack!"

35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 07:16 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 06:42:
Krovven wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 06:29:

Except, nobody is going to see it that way even if you were right about the prices.

The bundles are entered as separate products in Steam which allows them to set a higher price point and therefore not illegal.

Actually Bestbuy here in Canada were slapped with a fine a few years ago for doing exactly that. It was bundling extras into other things, just like this. There have also been clothing stores that did the same thing, and were slapped with fines for doing it.

As for where I got it? Those would have been the prices that I saw previous to pre-post summer sale. I'm also in Canada.

Yet, I'm telling you, your "pre-post summer sale" prices are wrong It was never $59.99 in Canada on Steam. Never. You also said it was now $79.99, which you just pulled out of your ass as it doesn't exist. Nothing on Steam for GTA in Canada is listed at that price.

From my Steam email receipt purchased January 16, 2015:

Grand Theft Auto V Pre-Purchase (Tier 1) 69.99 CAD

Which I'll state again, makes your argument pointless as the sale prices are still below retail and the price was never raised to begin with.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2015, 07:22.

34. No subject Jun 12, 2015, 06:42 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 06:29:

Except, nobody is going to see it that way even if you were right about the prices.

The bundles are entered as separate products in Steam which allows them to set a higher price point and therefore not illegal.

Actually Bestbuy here in Canada were slapped with a fine a few years ago for doing exactly that. It was bundling extras into other things, just like this. There have also been clothing stores that did the same thing, and were slapped with fines for doing it.

As for where I got it? Those would have been the prices that I saw previous to pre-post summer sale. I'm also in Canada.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 06:29 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 04:11:
It's illegal to give away free stuff in Canada? That seems to contradict some of the things I've heard.
The price previously was $59.99, the price was raised to $79.99, then it was stated that "free items" were given away at the higher price, with the discounted price being exactly the same as the previous list price. This falls under materially false, and misleading representation of the sale price. Thus illegal, under canadian law.

But none of that matters because you aren't correct about the original price anyways. The price was not $59.99, it was and has always been $69.99 on Steam for Canadians. I would know, that's what I paid to preorder. The price for the stand-alone game is still $69.99 right now. Not sure where you are getting the $79.99 number from as all of the bundles are $90-$96 regular price.

All of the bundle sale prices fall below that $69.99 at $67.48, $67.88 and $68.98. So no matter how you look at it, the game is on sale (as long as you buy it in one of the bundles).

As for the bundles, all they are really doing is offering up bundles equaling roughly the same value as the original pre-order. It's not much of a deal, but better than has been offered since release if you didn't pre-order.

32. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 05:17 jacobvandy

They are effectively free items. Technically they are bundles. $79.99 (give or take a few cents) represents the total value of GTA V as well as GTA San Andreas (regular price $15) and a Tiger Shark card (regular price $5) OR as well as a Great White Shark card (regular price $20). You'll notice there's another bundle valued at $84.97 with Max Payne 3 (regular price $20) and a Tiger Shark card. Obviously the value of a package deal is higher than the value of one of its individual components... Are you really disputing the legality of bundles on Steam? Good luck with that.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 04:11 Mashiki Amiketo

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 04:01 jacobvandy

29. No subject Jun 12, 2015, 03:59 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:55:
Except they didn't change the price of GTA V... They're offering special bundles that include other games and/or in-game cash for free. Don't waste your time and theirs.

Except doing so is illegal, and that's the job of the competition bureau.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 03:55 jacobvandy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 02:30:
FYI for any canucks, you should be filing a complaint with the competition bureau on the pricing change. It's illegal to raise a price, and claim a discounted price like that. And before someone goes hur-dur-dur-america, since Steam/Valve sell a product in Canada directly to Canadians, in Canadian pricing, they're directly subject to the same laws.

Except they didn't change the price of GTA V... They're offering special bundles that include other games and/or in-game cash for free. Don't waste your time and theirs.

27. No subject Jun 12, 2015, 03:37 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:22:

I am tempted to get Valkyria Chronicles, but watching Let's Plays it looks really simplistic. Also the story looked full of every Janime cliche in the book.

I thought the same thing, I picked up about 6mo ago for $7 and it's an incredibly great game. More-so for the story than anything else, but the combat is fun as hell. It's worth the $5 or so that it's selling for right now.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >