Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 22:08 sdgundamx

I've realized there's almost no point in engaging with those kind of posts anymore (or the one's in this forum for that matter). The most vocal people here on Blue's about issues of representation in videogames compose an ever-shrinking minority of gamers shouting ever more loudly in their own echo chambers as they realize how much the landscape is changing around them.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the other gamers I talk with are all for more diverse representations in games. No one fears this. They realize there's nothing to fear. Companies know where their bread gets buttered and will continue to make games to appease that population. But new markets are being opened as well and that can only be good for gamers everywhere since it keeps the gaming economy healthy. There's room for all types of games (and gamers) out there, and people who try to argue otherwise really don't seem to have a clue.

Squirmer wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:00:
OK, so on the one hand people say: "GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN GAME, STOP RUINING MY VIDEOGAMES"

Then when someone goes and makes a game: "THIS IS NOT A GAME IT'S SOME SJW BULLSHIT, STOP RUINING MY VIDEOGAMES"

(Also, one of the Offworld articles linked in that interview is one in which Hudson writes about how she loves Bloodborne. Contrary to the hysteria coming from gamers, they are not opposed to traditional "hardcore" games, they just want more diversity.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 21:14 Saboth

Ok, the article basically says male gamers are too stupid to understand that they are "alienating" other people by playing games they enjoy. She says GTA is a hateful game that is misogynistic and misanthropic. She then states a game like Splatoon (Wii U kid's game) does it right, and a fashion game gets it right. She states: "I think there are a lot of women who have come to perceive games as an even more hostile place than they had before". Gee, I wonder why? You call most gamers a plethora of names and say their games are trash while touting simplistic crap as the right way to do it? I wonder why gamers are more hostile towards you?  

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 20:49 Julio

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 15:31:
So why doesn't that one major critic go out and make games for them if there's such an obvious, untapped market?

Good question. Let's see them invest their money (or the cash they make from Patreon accounts) in this if they think it's such a winning idea.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 19:00 Squirmer

OK, so on the one hand people say: "GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN GAME, STOP RUINING MY VIDEOGAMES"

Then when someone goes and makes a game: "THIS IS NOT A GAME IT'S SOME SJW BULLSHIT, STOP RUINING MY VIDEOGAMES"

(Also, one of the Offworld articles linked in that interview is one in which Hudson writes about how she loves Bloodborne. Contrary to the hysteria coming from gamers, they are not opposed to traditional "hardcore" games, they just want more diversity.)

6. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 15:31  Cutter 

So why doesn't that one major critic go out and make games for them if there's such an obvious, untapped market? Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.

"Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin…I don't know why I just said that. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but gonna stand by it. Whatever you say Stone Cold Steve Austin! I'm owning it." - Rick Sanchez

5. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 11:27 Agent.X7

Rossafur wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 09:58:
I should really check links before clicking so I don't give any hits to HuffPo, but I should have expected it was either from them or Kotaku...

--And there’s more of an expectation that women or different types of people have to adapt to it. They don’t really change anything about the culture and then wonder why there aren’t more diverse people there, then they shrug and say, “Well, they’re not interested.”--

So, more reference to how the culture of white American males has to change, from the same people who will continually defend the ways of the *truly* most brutally sexist/racist/bigoted cultures on the planet... Oh, and I think the nail salons really need to change up their "culture" to start attracting straight white males as employees, because I feel they should really be more representative of society at large, because though I've never walked into one before, obviously I'd totally start going if I saw some faces that looked like me.

--So, in a sense, the first character you see is female, sort of inverting these notions that male is default. And you can easily play the guy, but the female character is way cooler. And there’s something wonderful about that.--

Equality means... putting women first, and making them "way cooler" than males?

She writes that about Splatoon and then wonders when people accuse her of not really being a gamer. Well, a metric shitton of games have the female model come up as the default, but Splatoon is the first time she has encountered it. People will call you on your shit, and you will claim #GAMERGATE HATERZ!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 11:27 Flatline

Axis wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 09:37:
How to fix gaming for women and minorities? How about Women get "Have a Baby" simulator, and minorities can have "Jump the Fence" sim?

Stupid shit deserves stupid shit. Gaming already appeals to everyone.

No it was useful for one thing. I'm going to avoid the fuck out of offworld.com

3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 10:33 Yeahyeah Yeah

If women and "minorities" (really, particular racial groups, who are only a minority in certain areas) don't enjoy the games that exist, developers can try to target them. We don't need to "fix" games that don't appeal to them.

And to get in on the empty nigh-mysticism, "Not every game is a game that a woman or a minority is going to want to play. And there's something wonderful about that."

2. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 09:58 Rossafur

I should really check links before clicking so I don't give any hits to HuffPo, but I should have expected it was either from them or Kotaku...

--And there’s more of an expectation that women or different types of people have to adapt to it. They don’t really change anything about the culture and then wonder why there aren’t more diverse people there, then they shrug and say, “Well, they’re not interested.”--

So, more reference to how the culture of white American males has to change, from the same people who will continually defend the ways of the *truly* most brutally sexist/racist/bigoted cultures on the planet... Oh, and I think the nail salons really need to change up their "culture" to start attracting straight white males as employees, because I feel they should really be more representative of society at large, because though I've never walked into one before, obviously I'd totally start going if I saw some faces that looked like me.

--So, in a sense, the first character you see is female, sort of inverting these notions that male is default. And you can easily play the guy, but the female character is way cooler. And there’s something wonderful about that.--

Equality means... putting women first, and making them "way cooler" than males?

1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 09:37 Axis

How to fix gaming for women and minorities? How about Women get "Have a Baby" simulator, and minorities can have "Jump the Fence" sim?

Stupid shit deserves stupid shit. Gaming already appeals to everyone.

Yours truly,

Axis

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >