Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released

Berserk Games announces that Tabletop Simulator has graduated from Early Access, and this recreation of many classic physical games is now officially available on Steam for Windows, Linux, and OS X, carrying a 20% launch discount. A release trailer shows off what this is all about. Not wasting any time, they also announce the release of Tabletop Simulator - Superfight, the first DLC for the game. Here's word on both releases:
Tabletop Simulator is a unique blend of multiplayer physics, a sandbox, and a prototyping tool. Create your own original games and rules, import 3D models & cards, set up complete dungeons for an RPG gathering, manipulate the physics, create hinges & joints, and of course flip the table when you are losing the game. All with an easy to use system integrated with Steam Workshop. Most importantly, you can do anything you want in Tabletop Simulator. The possibilities are endless!

Main Features:

• Online sandbox with unlimited games to play how you want.
  • Create your own mods easily with full Steam Workshop support and 3D model importing.
  • Up to 8 people can play together on the same table & talk on in-game voice chat.
  • Team system with voice and text chat.
  • Hotseat mode allowing you to play locally on the same computer.
  • Browse the internet, listen to music, and watch videos in multiplayer, in-game on a tablet.
  • Perfect for RPGs - build your very own roleplaying dungeons with our modular tileset, RPG Kit and tablet.
  • Great admin tools to enable or disable player permissions and to eliminate griefing in public games.
  • Included game modes: Backgammon, Cards, Chess, Checkers, Chinese Checkers, Custom, Dice, Dominoes, Go, Mahjong, Pachisi, Piecepack, Poker, Reversi, RPG Kit, Sandbox, Solitaire, Tablet

Superfight DLC
We have also partnered with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment to bring Superfight into Tabletop Simulator as official DLC. Superfight is the viral card game sensation in which players use cards to create ridiculous characters, and then argue about who would win in a fight. Superfight is now available for $4.99. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/367330)

Dan Murray, President of Skybound Interactive states, “The entire Skybound team is thrilled to expand the universe of Superfight with Tabletop Simulator. We look forward to seeing Superfight live in the digital world for years to come.”

Read about and purchase the box set of Superfight at http://www.superfightgame.com

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 7, 2015, 11:10  MacLeod 

I just watched a 20 minute tutorial video for the Tabletop Simulator software, and I have to admit, it is tempting to buy to get a game running with some old friends that are no longer local.

I will say, this type of software is probably the one of the few cases I wish there was paid addons in the workshop. Going through them, there are a lot of games already built... Warhammer Quest, Warhammer 40k, Settlers of Catan, Arkham Horror to name a few... but I can't help but feeling that downloading them would be stealing from the company who made the game, since people are literally scanning their work and reproducing it to play without purchasing the game. If there were paid addons, the companies could actually sell their games for this and have official support. I can see, especially now that it's "officially" released a lot of game companies getting these addons pulled. Especially Games Workshop, who have always been sharks when it comes to attacking anything that even seemingly threatens their trademarks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 6, 2015, 20:28 DarkCntry

Axis wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 12:49:
I never saw the appeal, but hey guess not everyone has board games in their cupboard these days...
I just recently moved and my core group of friends and I still play games via TableTop Simulator...I think it's a pretty good thing to have when you miss just playing with them regularly.

2. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 6, 2015, 14:46 Fion

Actually board games are seeing somewhat a renaissance in the last several years with hundreds of amazing games out there from dozens of styles, genres and age groups. If all you've played are the classic 'Hasbro' games or idiotic party games you forget about a week later, you really should check out the scene. Chances are there's a board game bar or cafe in your city.

As to this game, I feel they shouldn't have gone 3d, as it seems really clunky. And it'll obviously never have the cooler games around today because they are all copy-right. Still, I hear someone has made Gwent for it.. so there's that.

1. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 6, 2015, 12:49 Axis

I never saw the appeal, but hey guess not everyone has board games in their cupboard these days...  

Yours truly,

Axis

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >