Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Project CARS Sells 1M

Publisher BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe and developer Slightly Mad Studios announce Project CARS has now sold more than one million units:
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe and Slightly Mad Studios are proud to announce that Project CARS has already sold more than one million units around the world! With this huge success and the accolade of being the highest-rated racing game on PS4, Project CARS has firmly positioned itself as one of the greatest driving experiences ever made - created by the fans, for the fans!

When asked about this success, Ian Bell (Studio Head of Slightly Mad Studios) says: “Throughout the development of Project CARS the community were instrumental in guiding the game - giving us feedback daily on each build iteration, telling us what needed improving, highlighting what they’d like to see included, and ultimately approving it as the racing game of their dreams. Even with this amount of early indication that the bold, ambitious vision we had was on track to be something that would truly stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the existing leading titles in the genre, it wasn’t until the first review scores came in that we truly realised how much Project CARS had resonated with both media, racing professionals, and gamers alike around the world. To now stand here having reached over a million players in such a short time really justifies the work both the team and the community have done over the years and solidifies Project CARS’ future as the multi-platform racing experience of choice for fans around the world. And we’ll be talking more about that future very, very soon"

Get behind the wheel of one of the greatest racing games of its generation today on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and STEAM®.
View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 9, 2015, 09:30 SpectralMeat

Jerykk wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 05:09:
1 mil? SteamSpy shows about 160k owners on Steam. If the game requires Steam, that means the vast majority of sales were on consoles.
They were on consoles it seems.
160k on the PC seems about right, looking at the Steam statistic page of current players

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 9, 2015, 08:31  nin 

Krowen wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 07:17:
This game is poorly optimized and under delivers, it has no business selling this well.

Well this is interesting.

11. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 9, 2015, 07:17 Megalodon

This game is poorly optimized and under delivers, it has no business selling this well.  

10. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 20:30 Gib007

This needs more point-to-point tracks. Only two is not enough!  

9. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 19:50 eRe4s3r

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 17:14:
1 mil? SteamSpy shows about 160k owners on Steam. If the game requires Steam, that means the vast majority of sales were on consoles.

SteamSpy is also known to be very inaccurate when it comes to sales numbers.

SteamSpy shows ownership numbers, not sale numbers...

8. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 19:42 Jerykk

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 17:14:

Not from what I've seen. If you look at publicly-released sales figures and compare them to SteamSpy's numbers, they closely match.

Obviously, there are variables to consider. Free weekends will skew numbers significantly for a few weeks (which SteamSpy warns) and games with low sales won't have as accurate numbers (which SteamSpy also warns). SteamSpy also doesn't include private profiles in their sampling (which they warn), though I'm pretty sure the vast majority of users have public profiles.

7. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 17:14 Parallax Abstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Mixer

6. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 05:09 Jerykk

5. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 5, 2015, 23:48 Wildone

Wow yes thats it you stick it to em!!!!! Why not just pirate it for the final laff mate!! LELELE

theglaze wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 23:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 19:53:
Now please add proper qualifying, racing, flag and pit-stop rules. (Or fix broken ones to begin with)

No yellow flags (Note: I mean rules, the flag themselves exist, but are applied wrong), broken blue flags, wrong pit-stop rules for Formula 1, no Formula E style car-change rules, no correct DTM qualifying rules. No league dependent collision penalties, no stop-and-go penalties. Instead retarded lap time invalidation (which doesn't actually exist in racing ) No correct overtake via cutting over curbs rules... man I could go on and on and on

This is a very realistic car sim that isn't realistic in the RACING part. And this is a huge travesty. What's the point of having a car that feels nice if you don't have the realistic racing leagues with realistic rules?

Don't even get me started on safety cars, virtual safety cars, qualifying penalties etc.

If there are proper league rules in the game, they are either COMPLETELY broken or flat out missing.

Thanks for that input. I've been skeptical of this sim during its development, with all the fan boy "investors" and hype. I'll wait for it to pop up on a Steam sale with a heavy discount, even if that takes another year. Sounds like the sim could use some extra work anyways.

4. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 5, 2015, 23:41 theglaze

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 19:53:
Now please add proper qualifying, racing, flag and pit-stop rules. (Or fix broken ones to begin with)

No yellow flags (Note: I mean rules, the flag themselves exist, but are applied wrong), broken blue flags, wrong pit-stop rules for Formula 1, no Formula E style car-change rules, no correct DTM qualifying rules. No league dependent collision penalties, no stop-and-go penalties. Instead retarded lap time invalidation (which doesn't actually exist in racing ) No correct overtake via cutting over curbs rules... man I could go on and on and on

This is a very realistic car sim that isn't realistic in the RACING part. And this is a huge travesty. What's the point of having a car that feels nice if you don't have the realistic racing leagues with realistic rules?

Don't even get me started on safety cars, virtual safety cars, qualifying penalties etc.

If there are proper league rules in the game, they are either COMPLETELY broken or flat out missing.

Thanks for that input. I've been skeptical of this sim during its development, with all the fan boy "investors" and hype. I'll wait for it to pop up on a Steam sale with a heavy discount, even if that takes another year. Sounds like the sim could use some extra work anyways.

3. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 5, 2015, 19:53 eRe4s3r

2. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 5, 2015, 18:41 siapnar

What a giant failure... according to some other Publishers  

1. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 5, 2015, 16:52 Creston

Nice, congrats Slightly Mad.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >