So I am two hours in and this is my first off the cuff opinion:Pros
- It's fairly easy to understand and uncomplicated.
- Tactics actually matter.
- The music is decent.
- True 3D, multiplane movement and range of motion.
- You can create your fleet formation before starting combat.
- Multiple ship classes enable you to create true fleets of complimentary roles instead of just a collection of ships.
- The writing is terrible, like the sci fi story you wrote in Grade 6 terrible. Awful and painful.
- The graphics are definitely outdated and lagging. Very fuzzy and a lack of definition.
- The weapons don't really have a lot of punch to them. In this I mean it doesn't feel like you're firing off heavy ship based weapons. Missiles, in ratio to your ship, are hilariously huge while beam weapons are almost comically small.
- Standard mission fare; blow these ships up, rescue that ship, etc.
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.
“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau