Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout Countdown

The Fallout website features a test pattern and a countdown timer ticking off the hours until tomorrow morning, offering a strong indication that we should expect news related to the RPG series when it hits zero. There have been recent hints both large and small that Fallout 4 is in the works, and this does nothing to discourage the hopes these have raised. The timer is currently set to reach zero at 10:00 am EDT tomorrow. Thanks Darren.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 3, 2015, 15:20 MeanJim

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 06:07:
Grokk wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 23:18:
I'd love for this to be out for the xmas season this year. Should fit in nicely with the other games and things I need to play first.

More likely though, we're looking at a perhaps xmas 2016 at the earliest. That would give them 18months to release. More likely Q1-2 2017 at best.

I don't think they would tease and announce it now if it were still that far out. Holiday season this year is a good bet. Probably some November date as usual with Bethesda.

I'm betting October 23rd release date for the anniversary of of The Great War. Fallout 3 and NV had late October release dates. Also didn't Fallout New Vegas get announced and trailers released the same year it came out?

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 3, 2015, 10:11 NamecaF

In-Engine Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

35. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 3, 2015, 06:07 CJ_Parker

Grokk wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 23:18:
I'd love for this to be out for the xmas season this year. Should fit in nicely with the other games and things I need to play first.

More likely though, we're looking at a perhaps xmas 2016 at the earliest. That would give them 18months to release. More likely Q1-2 2017 at best.

I don't think they would tease and announce it now if it were still that far out. Holiday season this year is a good bet. Probably some November date as usual with Bethesda.

34. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 3, 2015, 02:41 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 18:29:
FO3 was such garbage compared to FO:NV...

so yeh, non-plussed

Agreed. *yawn*

I have a nifty blue line!

33. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 23:18 Grokk

32. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 22:52 CJ_Parker

Julio wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:35:
JayDeath wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:33:
We need a new engine.

Something isometric top down, kind of like Wasteland 2.

Yeah because the world needs more simplistic top-down point&click snoozefests with shitty puke soup retro graphics Rolleyes

31. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 21:32 Techie714

Julio wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:35:
We need a new engine.

That's not gonna happen

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

30. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 20:35 Julio

We need a new engine.

29. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 19:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Acleacius wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 17:27:
Probably only considered dismal if it was thought to be something as powerful as WoW. On the other hand, it's quite busy in the game and they are still getting in the Steam top 10 sales list at least once a month.

I've played my fair share of MMO's, Meridian 59, UO(couple of months) EQ, AC, WoW, STO, KoTOR: Online, I didn't like the game at all, not a single bit. I run across that occasionally something about the gameplay, or graphics, or something just grinds me the wrong way. Folks here on the site really recommended Just Cause and Just Cause 2 to me--I can't stand either one of them.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

28. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 19:31 DedEye

I love them both.

I get hundreds of hours of the ES and FO games. Looking forward to this one.

I gotta ponder tho', will they break with tradition and have a relatively bug free game?

I'm skeptical and this is the reason I usually wait to buy them.

27. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 18:29 harlock

FO3 was such garbage compared to FO:NV...

so yeh, non-plussed

26. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 17:50 Cutter

It's Fallout set in Bawstun. If the rumors are correctamundo the BoS has a bigger role this time around - yay! And a big Nelson style Ha Ha to all the naysayers who said we were wrong when we called this for this E3. In fact, let's celebrate that, South Park style!

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

25. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 17:38 Vall Forran

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:45:
Amateur hacks like Obsidian shouldn't even be allowed to mod Fallout in their spare time, let alone develop anything.
Besides, if I were a publisher I would have taken notes how Obsidian shat all over publishers during their Kickstarter campaign and I would never give those fuckers any of my business ever again.
Fuck those clowns and let them rip off people on Kickstarter but no more messing with serious games, please. kthx.

I know you're trolling, but that takes the cake as the dumbest thing written today.

24. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 17:27 Acleacius

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:40:
Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:38:
Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...

After the dismal failure known as ESO, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do that again.
Probably only considered dismal if it was thought to be something as powerful as WoW. On the other hand, it's quite busy in the game and they are still getting in the Steam top 10 sales list at least once a month.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

23. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 15:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:38:
Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...

After the dismal failure known as ESO, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do that again.

Edit: Does look like FO4.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2015, 17:09.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 15:38 Unknown Soldier

21. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 15:31 Tipsy McStagger

jomisab wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:31:
Hype...hype never changes...

Quoting this for effect.

I thought fallout 3 sucked compared for fallout 1 & 2. It had one thing that was cool, Blowing up the nuke from the tower.

I'm scared this is going to turn into "open world/pay 2 mod/shitty story with the best things being developer Easter eggs referencing movies like 'A boy and his dog'"

20. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 15:15 descender

We need a new engine.

FFS yes, this.

Additionally, they need to add a 2-4 player co-op mode and stop level scaling the entire damn world.

19. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 15:06 Dacron

jimnms wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:38:
And if this turns out to be a Fallout MMO, I'll burn down their offices.

You better!

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

18. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 14:49 nin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:45:
Amateur hacks like Obsidian shouldn't even be allowed to mod Fallout in their spare time, let alone develop anything.
Besides, if I were a publisher I would have taken notes how Obsidian shat all over publishers during their Kickstarter campaign and I would never give those fuckers any of my business ever again.
Fuck those clowns and let them rip off people on Kickstarter but no more messing with serious games, please. kthx.

Weak. 2/10...

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo