Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Steamship Ahoy - Hatred

Though not publicized on Steam News, Hatred is now available on Steam, offering an AO-rated third-person shooter that has attracted controversy due to its violence and dark themes. Here's word:

Hatred fills your whole body. You’re sick and tired of humanity’s worthless existence. The only thing that matters is your gun and the pure Armageddon that you want to unleash.

You will go out for a hunt, and you will clear the New York outskirts of all humans with cold blood. You will shoot, you will hurt, you will kill, and you will die. There are no rules, there is no compassion, no mercy, no point in going back. You are the lord of life and death now - and you have full control over the lives of worthless human scum.

You will also run, you will need to think, you will need to hide and fight back when armed forces come to take you down. You will have no mercy for them, because they dare to stand in your way.

Only brutality and destruction can cleanse this land. Only a killing spree will make you die spectacularly and go to hell.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 16:14 Xero

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 11:04:
Xero wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 07:56:
I've only played the tutorial and first mission so far.

I would definitely not buy this game for more than $3 bucks with the content provided so far.

Well here's to content beyond the first mission!!!

lol, sorry, it didn't make sense. Ok, I did the tutorial and then first mission before I had to get out of it. With that said, the first mission is enough to know exactly what you get yourself into. It's Postal, not much else. You run around isometric view shooting everyone.

It tells you to kill X amount of peeps and mission accomplished. With that, you have some lousy exchanges with the cops and neighbors that carry guns. It's repetitive gameplay honestly, but has it's moments due to the physics and all out destruction. It's rather fun blowing up the walls and parts of a house.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 15:51 Rigs

Optimaximal wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 05:42:
At least Amazon moderates their user opinions to the point of requiring you say things about the actual product.
No, they really don't...
Steam now lets users rank obvious fake/joke reviews as such. If you do so, then the game will very quickly get its deserved ranking.

Yeah, but if I see another

*long, tired, meaningless, cringeworthy, humorless story of fail*
followed by 'Got to fuck a goat while watching Game of Thrones (wha..?)
Would do again, 10/10'

..I'll fucking scream!

=-Rigs-=

22. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 13:11 nin

I would definitely not buy this game for more than $3 bucks with the content provided so far.

I'm honestly surprised anyone would think this would be anything beyond suck.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

21. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 11:04 HorrorScope

Well here's to content beyond the first mission!!!

20. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 11:02 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:15:
I doubt anyone's buying this based on whether it's actually a good game or not.

I can assure you if I do buy this it will only be based on this. The rest of the baggage is no more than forum blah blah to me.

Where's the love here?

19. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 07:56 Xero

Yes, it's just a twin sticker shooter with the ability to crouch, sprint, roll, and leap over some objects.

Seems like an updated Postal 1 except mostly black and greys, very dark game.

The executions get old quick because you perform them so often to regen health but they do look brutal in theory. They are not MKX over the top detailed but they are violent eitherway.

There isn't much depth thus far what I've played but for what it's worth, you can steal the cop cars and drive around GTA1 and 2 style
Also the graphics/animations aren't too shabby. The dude's hair and cloak all got physics in them so they are constantly flapping around and moving while your running around and shooting it out.

18. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 05:42 Optimaximal

At least Amazon moderates their user opinions to the point of requiring you say things about the actual product.
No, they really don't...
Steam now lets users rank obvious fake/joke reviews as such. If you do so, then the game will very quickly get its deserved ranking.

17. No subject Jun 2, 2015, 02:40 Mashiki Amiketo

Squirmer wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:15:
I doubt anyone's buying this based on whether it's actually a good game or not. Either you buy this because it's an anti-PC adolescent hate-the-world fantasy, or you don't buy it for the same reason.

Well I bought it because of the same reason I bought soldier of fortune, starcraft or unreal tournament. It's a game, and a game I'll either enjoy or hate. If you want to inject identity politics you're free to, but some will have also bought it because those who live, breath, eat, and shit identity politics tried to get it kicked off steam.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 02:15 Squirmer

I doubt anyone's buying this based on whether it's actually a good game or not. Either you buy this because it's an anti-PC adolescent hate-the-world fantasy, or you don't buy it for the same reason.  

15. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 23:46 jacobvandy

If the top several "most helpful" entries are anything to go by, I'd say a majority of them are meaningless joke reviews. Which is a pretty big problem with Steam community reviews in general. At least Amazon moderates their user opinions to the point of requiring you say things about the actual product.  

14. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 22:56 jdreyer

ChaosEngine wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:03:
Bundy wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 19:54:
And cue Jack Thompson!
Jack Thompson isn't required. So far the reviews have indicated this game is crap enough to fail all by itself.

Steam reviews are "Very Positive." I guess for people who enjoy this kind of game, it's working for them.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

13. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 22:41 bobbyric

Sounds a lot like Grand Theft Auto...  

12. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 22:11 Yeahyeah Yeah

That is some cringey press release. But I suppose that's the point.

So, I'm guessing there's gonna be some hell DLC?

11. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 22:09 Saboth

Ouch, this game and Lego unseated Witcher 3 (this game is #2 on Steam right now, under Lego), then GTA popped back up to 3.  

10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 21:52 Elf Shot The Food

I've watched some gameplay videos, and I never make it to the end because the game looks boring.

Say what you will about Postal, but at least those games were trying to make a point. It doesn't seem like Hatred has anything to say or satirize.

9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 21:48 NKD

Having viewed some videos of this game all I can say is:

That's it?

It is in no way worthy of the hype nor the controversy. It's a pretty blah game and it did not shock or offend in the slightest. Not nearly the goriest game I've seen, nor the most emotionally disturbing. In fact there's zero emotional resonance whatsoever. Completely lifeless.

Maybe when it's like 5 dollars. Even then...

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 20:49 Saboth

I'll probably never buy it, but kudos to them. I think the free market should determine if something is desired or not, not PC nannies. It's in extremely poor taste, especially after so many public shootings, but there's not much I think should be censored in games, books or movies. My tastes might not be the tastes of others, so let the market decide.  

7. No subject Jun 1, 2015, 20:49 Mashiki Amiketo

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:33:
Except that it's just too buggy and poorly designed to be worth playing at all, from what I've read. RPS says the controller is unusable and KBM is barely serviceable... When have you ever heard that about a twin-stick shooter?

Considering I didn't have any problems playing it for the hour or so earlier today. I'll chalk it up to RPS doing what RPS does best, being shitty and mediocre.

Rhialto wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:33:
You mean like Robotron 2084? An old time arcade favorite?

Oh, btw I'm not interested in Hatred but I read some comments about it as you can see.
Something similar yeah.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 20:33 Rhialto

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 20:17:
If you like twin-stick shooters you're going to enjoy it.
You mean like Robotron 2084? An old time arcade favorite?

Oh, btw I'm not interested in Hatred but I read some comments about it as you can see.

5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 1, 2015, 20:33 jacobvandy

Except that it's just too buggy and poorly designed to be worth playing at all, from what I've read. RPS says the controller is unusable and KBM is barely serviceable... When have you ever heard that about a twin-stick shooter?  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo