Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Hellraid in Limbo

A post to the Hellraid blog announces that Techland has put development of Hellraid "on hold," which often, though not always, marks the death of such a project (thanks Eurogamer). Here's word:
We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold.

In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.

In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise.

We wish to thank all our fans for your support – you’re the best!
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 15:14 Krovven

LittleMe wrote on May 22, 2015, 08:41:
Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:54:
Why do you keep comparing this to Dark Souls. It's not thy kind of game.

+1 on the Shakespearean tongue. Very immersive!

That would be an iphone auto-correct fuckup.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 08:41 LittleMe

Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:54:

+1 on the Shakespearean tongue. Very immersive!

Perpetual debt is slavery.

19. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 03:54 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2015, 02:16:
jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:29:
bigspender wrote on May 21, 2015, 20:13:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

That happened. It was called Hellgate: London.. and it was a massive flop.

It was a First Person SHOOTER Diablo mash-up, and the reason it was bad is the shooting completely sucked. I still played it a lot, though, because there was no Borderlands back then and turns out the idea of FPSRPG in itself is a pretty fucking fun one.

I have said it before, and Ill say it again Hellgate London was an awesome ARPG. What it was definitely NOT was an MMO, it was marketed as such, and this is the reason why it failed. Shame really, it's gameplay mechanics were really unique.

Hellgate London is one of my favorite games ever and absolutely my favorite diablo-style game ever.

Also, I'd describe Hellraid more like painkiller meets Dead island.

18. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:22:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is like a First Person Diablo, it would have been really fun

It was a First Person SHOOTER Diablo mash-up, and the reason it was bad is the shooting completely sucked. I still played it a lot, though, because there was no Borderlands back then and turns out the idea of FPSRPG in itself is a pretty fucking fun one.

I have said it before, and Ill say it again Hellgate London was an awesome ARPG. What it was definitely NOT was an MMO, it was marketed as such, and this is the reason why it failed. Shame really, it's gameplay mechanics were really unique.

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 22:22 jacobvandy

16. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 22:03 Axis

Hopefully it gets kickstarted or something, was one of the few games I was interested in. I can understand they wanna milk DL for all the zombie freaks though.

Sure am tired of AssCreed 7 and a Moba release every month...

Yours truly,

Axis

15. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:35 bigspender

Oh yeah, how quickly bad games get forgotten

14. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:29 Tipsy McStagger

13. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 20:13 bigspender

12. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 19:54 Krovven

This was a combo of Dark Messiah meets Dead Island. Simple fun.

11. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 19:32 NetHead

Don't remember hearing about this but looking at some videos and their dates it seems odd to get so far along before making the decision to cancel something, perhaps a lack of skill meant goals weren't being met.

Though while it looked like it had potential, taking things from other good games it wasn't doing it well.

It seems like it wants to be a mix of Skyrim with random loot (Borderlands?) and combat leaning more towards Dark Souls 1 but failing miserably at that part.

The combat looks boring as hell, slow, repetitive and uninteresting. Dark Souls gets away with such slow combat because it's damned good at it, weapons and armour all feel like they have appropriate weight and encumbrance and shields actually work as expected, listing all the reasons it's combat is good would take a while.

Imagine Borderlands with crappy gunplay, could be one of the most tedious games ever before getting half way through, melee combat is worlds harder and they hadn't gotten the magic to be any better.

This either required major combat improvements, the kind that would require real work in a bunch of areas or dump it, presuming they're after a good game rather than just another game to pump out.

10. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 19:17 harlock

yeh that sux  

9. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 19:09 Cutter

Well that's totes too bad.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

8. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 18:51 Task

The First Person aspect of it reminded me of Dark Messiah. A better explanation about this 'internal analysis' conclusion would be nice :\.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

7. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 18:46 Osc8r

Damn, that one actually one game i was looking forward to...

6. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 18:23 MajorD

Bummer.....this looked like it could have been decent.

Still counting...

5. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:58 HorrorScope

Yeah this looked like it could have been good.  

4. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:46 jacobvandy

Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 17:43:
Noooooo! I was really looking forward to this game...and I thought the release was imminent.

*sigh*

It was supposed to be, but now I fear they're overthinking it.

3. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:46 ItBurn

I actually thought about this game yesterday... Too bad, looked interesting. Not too surprised though.  

2. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:43 Krovven

Noooooo! I was really looking forward to this game...and I thought the release was imminent.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >