Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Cancelled DOOM Media

Following today's DOOM teaser some images of the earlier cancelled version of a new DOOM game have surfaced. There are a bunch of screenshots on the Doomworld Forums and All Games Beta has an animated segment from a trailer which seems to have otherwise disappeared. Thanks DSOGaming.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Cancelled DOOM Media May 19, 2015, 18:51 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:20:
I don't know why they don't go back to the original art design and do it up in ultra HD, not as a 2.5D game but with the traditional monster designs.

Pinky Demon HD

You are aware that's a fan made painting, yes? There's a YT timelapse video of the guy doing it years ago. Still pretty awesome.

EDIT: Found it! Just by sheer coincidence, I was watching an older episode of VSauce3's 9bit and they featured the guy that did the painting AND the video of the speedrun...You can watch it here. Seeing how you linked from his DeviantArt page, you probably already knew but in case some others are interested, it's there...

The three second 'teaser' (I'd call it more like the digital equivalent of blue balls, personally) gave me a huge 'Wolfenstein' vibe...the new one I mean, engine-wise. Having just played some of 'The Old Blood', it looked ripped right out of that...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 22:58.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 19, 2015, 04:00 bigspender

Trevellian wrote on May 19, 2015, 00:26:
I dunno, the new teaser looks like what I expect from a Doom game, graphically and aesthetically, gameplay is still yet to be seen. But a buddy of mine who went to Quakecon when they showed the exclusive footage seemed pretty excited about what he saw and said it LOOKED like a Doom Game, and even gave a nod to Brutal Doom by being bloody and having executions. Only time will tell and it's going to be hard for me to wait till the 14th to see it for myself.

Someone on the Doom forums said it best though, that Canceled Doom 4 game looks like a shitty Killzone of Duty game and the dev team behind it deserved to have it shitcanned.

I agree, Brutal Doom mod is the right direction for the series. We don't need cutscenes, as doom is not a movie. It doesn't need a story past "you're on mars and hell has literally broken loose." Gimme some awesome feeling weapons (not the Doom 3 ones hint hint) and have some monters pop out for me to blow away. That's all I need.

I'm so glad they cancelled this old crap.

5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 19, 2015, 00:26 Trevellian

I dunno, the new teaser looks like what I expect from a Doom game, graphically and aesthetically, gameplay is still yet to be seen. But a buddy of mine who went to Quakecon when they showed the exclusive footage seemed pretty excited about what he saw and said it LOOKED like a Doom Game, and even gave a nod to Brutal Doom by being bloody and having executions. Only time will tell and it's going to be hard for me to wait till the 14th to see it for myself.

Someone on the Doom forums said it best though, that Canceled Doom 4 game looks like a shitty Killzone of Duty game and the dev team behind it deserved to have it shitcanned.

-C22

4. Re: Cancelled DOOM Media May 18, 2015, 21:46 Bumpy

This Call of Duty version I hope has nothing to do with the DOOM announce in June.

These screens and footage look sooooooooooo done 100x before.

3. Re: Cancelled DOOM Media May 18, 2015, 21:44 Overon

Looks like call of duty doom.  

2. Re: Cancelled DOOM Media May 18, 2015, 21:20 DangerDog

I don't know why they don't go back to the original art design and do it up in ultra HD, not as a 2.5D game but with the traditional monster designs.

Pinky Demon HD

1. Re: Cancelled DOOM Media May 18, 2015, 21:02 Drayth

haha, scroll down 5 posts in the Doomworld Forum thread (youtube vid).  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo