Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3

The GeForce website now offers new version 352.86 WHQL-certified drivers for NVIDIA graphics cards, saying these are game-ready for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in advance of the launch of the RPG sequel, which begins this evening. Word is: "The new GeForce Game Ready 352.86 WHQL The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt drivers are now available to download from GeForce Experience and GeForce.com. With Game Ready optimizations for the highly anticipated PC release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and an updated SLI profile, our latest drivers are a recommended update for fans about to embark on their 100-hour quest." They also offer new exclusive Witcher 3 wallpapers.
View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 20, 2015, 05:30 InBlack

Back on topic: Anyone know if these drivers improve stability with the Witcher3? Im using the previous version (I think they were released concurrently with GTAV for the PC) and already had one hard lock after about a 2.5h gameplay session.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 20, 2015, 04:14 Krovven

Improperly configured at the NVidia booth promoting their own product? Not likely.

Can you not just accept that a lot of people don't like 3D and dont want to wear shit on their head for hours at a time? 3D gaming has been readily available for many years now. Most people don't care and never will.

55. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 16:10 Mr. Anisotonic

Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:04:
Mr. Anisotonic wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:11:
I don't think you know what 3D Vision is, Quinn. It has no relation to the "3d glasses cinema bullshit" you refer to

How do? 3D Vision is 3D using stereoscopic glasses.

I tried it once at PAX several years ago with Res Evil 5. I hated it. I don't want to wear headgear and I don't feel that 3D makes my gaming any more enjoyable. After seeing a few movies in 3D I don't care to see another. A good movie is a good movie. 3D doesn't help movies but definitely hinders them.

3D glasses at the cinema use passive technology at 24fps, which creates that cheesy 3d movie effect that just looks fake. 3D Vision uses active technology and allows for 60fps, which makes games look like real life, and is quite obviously amazing to witness. It's the only new visual technology worth mentioning since the release of the first 3DFX card, imo. OK, maybe the advent of AA+AF is also a big deal. Let's say in the last 10 years then.

if you hated 3D Vision when you tried it, there is a very likely explanation: it wasn't properly configured. the system has to be set up by someone who knows what they're doing (note: an nvidia employee or whatever being there is far from a guarantee of that). you may also have tried the older 3d vision 1 system, which wasn't as good. in any case, I mean, I'm at a loss here. I understand that wearing glasses is a technical limitation, but the way I see it, it's sure as hell better to deal with than 2D. at least you forget you're wearing the glasses after a few minutes, whereas in 2D the game will remain unimpressive, flat and lifeless forever.

54. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 05:52 InBlack

Ok that sounds pretty sweet. Easy to use, hard to master. I like it. Thanks Quinn. Shiiit. I think Im buying in...  

53. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 04:36 Quinn

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 04:00:
Yo! Thanks for that Quinn, keep it coming. Got some info on the combat? Is it fun or a pain?

I trained a bit with Veremir and fought 5 ghouls but that's it. In combat mode, Geralt does feel responsive. I was used to TW2 combat, so at first I was slashing air because I expected Geralt to close the gap between himself and his target. He still does this to some extent, but you do have to close the gaps manually yourself more than in TW2. The signs/magic feel more responsive albeit simplified too. Aard is like "Force Push" in an arc in front of you, knocking enemies back and off-balance. Igni is a gush of fire in an arc in front of you. Axii now simply stuns the targeted enemy. Yrden creates a temporary, rather large AoE that slows enemies that enter it. The shielding sign (forgot the name) works the same as in TW2, although the animation has way less of a "fuck yeah now I'm shielded!" (see latest Night to Remember cinematic to know what I mean) vibe .. which I found really disappointing.

You do light attacks with the left MB. Strong attacks with shift+left MB. You parry with right MB. You can hold right MB to play it safe, or tap it at the right time in order to do a counter-attack. This feels really nice.

With ALT + direction key you dodge. With SPACE + direction key you leaproll away.

You can focus on enemies using Z. Good for controllers, but with M/KB you own the shit out of the battleground without it I'm certain.

I haven't got the crossbow yet.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

52. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 04:00 InBlack

Yo! Thanks for that Quinn, keep it coming. Got some info on the combat? Is it fun or a pain?  

51. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 03:45 Quinn

Blue, I can't seem to see or post in the comments section of "The Witcher 3 Released" topic!

Played the game the second it unlocked last night, but only for 45 minutes do to the early day today. The game looks fantastic though I can't seem to get a steady 60fps with everything on Ultra, even with my GTX980. Perhaps my CPU is the bottleneck now but I can't imagine this. It might be the NVidia Hairworks. A friend of mine with a 780Ti jumped from 35fps to 60fps once he turned that off, so I might need to try that.. although I don't want to, because... well, I have a fucking 980 -_-

The game looks absolutely amazing. I also like the combat! Geralt didn't feel all that responsive, though. I nearly ran off the mountain with him because somehow, he starts with a walking pace before he jumps into a run a second later. I think this is the control-stick feature (where you can tilt your stick a little to walk and more to start into a run) not properly translated into M/KB control. In an earlier review I read that they had problem controlling their horse to a point that it got them nowhere. They had to get off the horse and go by foot. Unfathomable! The horse controls absolutely amazing, and I'm in love with Roach XI.

So, yeah.. slightly disappointed that the game won't run at a constant 60fps with everything on Ultra but it still plays amazingly smooth (50fps average), and that's very remarkable considering the ABSOLUTE BEAUTY it paints on the monitor!

PS: I'll have to adjust the GPU Generated Frames setting in the NVidia Control Panel, I just remembered, to 3 instead of "Game Based". This can really boost the FPS if the CPU is indeed the bottleneck!

PPS: Sorry for this impromptu, messy little review. I'm at work, exhausted from last night and so busy that I shouldn't even allow myself on this page xD

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 03:50.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

50. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 00:06 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:31:
If you have the witcher2 installed, on creating a new game in tw3, it will bring up an import save option. Super easy.

The problem, is knowing which save to actually use...

So I've downloaded Witcher 2 again on Steam, load it up, all the saves are listed. I load up Witcher 3, the only thing it prompts me for is to simulate Witcher 2. I say no, and the game loads. I'm not being given the option to import a save at all.

Has anyone else figured this out?

EDIT: Figured it out myself.

The Witcher 2 installation, saves and config folders on Windows

Default for Steam if cloud saving was activated, even if you deactivated it later:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your Steam user ID>\20920\remote (32-bit Windows: c:\Program Files\The Witcher 2)

You need to then copy that save over the to the standard "Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves" for W3 to see them.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 00:22.

49. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 22:49 Redmask

My only beef is the FOV seems weird but other than that its a fantastic game so far. I'm only a few hours in but the quests are really well done, this should be the bar other RPGs set. It has a really human feel to it, everything is immersive and convincing. I didn't even like The Witcher 2 that much but they really nailed this.

The PC version has a ton of graphical toggles too, the whole graphical downgrade thing turned out to be nothing because the game is jaw dropping with everything dialed up.

48. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 22:46 Dacron

Looks great, the controls are a bit.... consoley.  

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

47. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:41 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:31:
If you have the witcher2 installed, on creating a new game in tw3, it will bring up an import save option. Super easy.

Yea super easy if it's installed. For most people, why would it still be installed?
I left it downloading while I'm at work, but that's just fucking annoying. Downloading another 20gig or whatever W2 is just to get access to a save file.

You didn't need W1 installed, just put the save file in the right location for 2 to find.

Yea I saw the simulate Witcher 2 thing. But I have a save that was a carry over from 1 to 2, so I want to use it. All my saves are backed up, but apparently W2 only used the cloud on Steam as I have no Witcher 2 saves in my backups.

I'll deal with it when I get back home tonight.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2015, 22:06.

46. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:33 Vall Forran

Also, though I haven't done it, if you don't import the game will ask you questions to help figure out what you did in the previous game. It's really well done.

So far, the only gripe I have with the game is that there's always a strong wind blowing the trees/foliage in a weird manner.

45. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:32 Wowbagger_TIP

Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:19:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:00:
I don't have my key from GMG yet. Not sure when that's supposed to go out.

They don't always send them out. Check your game key list on GMG o see if it's been added.

Yeah, still says no key available. Guess I keep waiting...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

44. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:31 Vall Forran

43. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:21 Krovven

My Witcher 2 save is on Steam Cloud. Anyone know how to get the save to use with Witcher 3?

42. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:19 Krovven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:00:

They don't always send them out. Check your game key list on GMG o see if it's been added.

41. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:00 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

40. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:58 Redmask

Its out and its gorgeous. Puts Skyrim to shame.  

39. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:51 McJammiepants

It is out, though I'm only a matter of minutes in to the gameplay.  

38. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:51 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:38:
Quboid wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:07:
Is it out?

It unlocks tomorrow, as far as I know. Preloads have already begun. My Collector's Edition shipped today and arrives Friday. Suffice it to say, I'm "working from home" that day.

It released 3 hours ago at 3pm PST. An hour earlier than scheduled.

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >