Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Overwatch Video

A new trailer offers a look at gameplay from Overwatch, Blizzard's upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter (thanks PC Gamer). The clip shows off Zenyatta, the "omnic" monk. Here's word:
For the best viewing experience, please watch in 1080p HD.

Check out the omnic monk Zenyatta in this complete, unedited match from an early version of Overwatch, captured in 60fps on PC. Here, Zenyatta is on defense in King's Row, a Point Capture/Payload hybrid map situated in the heart of England.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Overwatch Video May 15, 2015, 14:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Given that it's not supposed to be released until late this year, they've got a lot of time to polish and refine things. It may not be something that I'm terribly excited about, but it could end up being good.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Overwatch Video May 15, 2015, 11:23 MajorD

I was interested when I saw Blizzard was developing an FPS game, but upon watching the gameplay video, that interest quickly faded away.

Still counting...

42. Re: Overwatch Video May 15, 2015, 08:32 Jonjonz

Watch the video.

Do something else for 5 minutes.

What do you remember about the game video.

High definition but Non-discript, generic environment and toons.

Distracting poorly overdone GUI.

Been there, done that.

Blizz needs to re-vamp WOW before it goes down the tubes, the latest sub drop is just the beginning. They need to bring that game back from the single player garrison nightmare to the populated hub city MMO it once was. Not resubbing till they do.

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

41. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 23:48 Dachande

The voice for Zenyatta sounds a hell of alot like Doug Bradley (Pinhead) from Hellraiser, I kept waiting for the character to kill someone and say "We'll tear your soul apart!"

I found the hand animations caused me severe problems with trying to focus on who was being shot at. A gun recoil animation is one thing but the characters hands waving all over the place and in front of the cursor is another.

I'll still keep a casual eye on this game as I've always been a fan of arena based shooters from the days of Quake and UT but I won't be distraught if it turns out to be shite.

40. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 22:24 bigspender

harlock wrote on May 14, 2015, 20:32:
goddamn this looks boring

+1 it's a high budget version of quake 1's team fortress mod..... but a really slow version.

39. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 22:13 jdreyer

NKD wrote on May 14, 2015, 19:39:
Osc8r wrote on May 14, 2015, 18:43:

Y NO WC4?

Because the RTS genre is effectively dead. People can be in denial about this all they want, but Blizzard's not going to spend more money on some big budget RTS after the mediocre performance of Starcraft 2.

Yeah, even the well-praised (but poorly named) Grey Goo is the 200th best selling strategy game on Steam. That's awful for a game that just came out and probably cost $15-20M to make. We'll never see Warcraft 4.

Zug-zug.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

38. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 21:54 Redmask

NKD wrote on May 14, 2015, 19:39:

Y NO WC4?

Because the RTS genre is effectively dead. People can be in denial about this all they want, but Blizzard's not going to spend more money on some big budget RTS after the mediocre performance of Starcraft 2.

Starcraft is one of their best selling franchises and Starcraft 2 did very well, the latest expansion did bananas in 2013. It does really well, just not World of Warcraft well but nothing really does. I don't know where you get mediocre from. Blizzard games are in a category all unto themselves, RTS or otherwise. People buy the brand, just look at fan boys like krovven who defend their shit to the death on here as if it was their best friend.

37. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 20:32 harlock

goddamn this looks boring  

36. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 19:39 NKD

Y NO WC4?

"Fuck off, bard." -Geralt of Rivia

35. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 18:43 Osc8r

Wow... that looks terrible, kinda like MMO combat and animations in a FPS?

This and their POS/dumbed down moba... *sigh*

Y NO WC4?

34. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 18:08 Quinn

Blizzard comes with this shite? It looks like one of those F2P garbage FPS' nobldy really gives a shit about.

Also.. A robot monk? A spiritual robot shooting lightning bolts? My goodness.

Uninspired shit is what I was looking at for 1 minute until I got bored. People who are actually being excited: I will never get you; I never want to get you.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

33. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 18:02 shiho

Looks like something the infamously retarded Jay Wilson would make.  

32. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 17:01 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought I was getting pretty jaded about games these days, but some of you guys make me look absolutely fanboyish.

Since this is an alpha or early beta version of the game, I'm sure a lot of the nitpicks that people pointed out will be rectified. The constant comments during attacks, some of the more annoying or obstructive UI elements, etc can always be fixed.

From what I've seen of this game before, it looks like TF2 with more variety and mobility in the characters/classes, especially vertically. It looks like it could be fun, and I'm sure I'll be giving it a try when it comes out.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

31. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 16:19 loomy

strange how the damage effect on screen is a red aura. this seems like a bloodless cartoon kid-style game to me, and so it might be better suited to a black knock-out effect rather than mortal kombat blood  

30. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 16:10 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2015, 16:02:
ItBurn wrote on May 14, 2015, 15:29:
Game looks extremely generic and uninspired. I see no reason why I should be interested in this.

Generic? How so? I could see that comment for yet another COD clone, but this game looks like they're going out of their way to be different.

Generic king of the hill gameplay, generic cartoony 3d graphics with no real single vision or defining characteristic... I don't know, it looks like every other team based multiplayer game...

I really don't see what's different here. Can you enlighten me?

29. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 16:02 jdreyer

ItBurn wrote on May 14, 2015, 15:29:
Game looks extremely generic and uninspired. I see no reason why I should be interested in this.

Generic? How so? I could see that comment for yet another COD clone, but this game looks like they're going out of their way to be different.

28. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I liked that earlier cinematic video a lot more... I think I'll be on the lookout for the youtube versions of the full cutscenes for this game, zero desire to actually play this though.

Both teams dogpiling on ONE cap point? Is that just a test map or something? A lot of distracting visuals, at least to me, also.

Seeing that video makes me want to fire up Battlefield 4 again, and I've been away from that for months now, playing the various new RPGs.

27. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 15:29 ItBurn

26. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 14:32 Agent.X7

Fion wrote on May 14, 2015, 13:15:
The hands don't take up any more screen space than a gun normally would so that doesn't bother me. The constant banter is something I would hope you could turn off. Other than that the issue seems to be the FoV, which looks to be set at 60. Huge no-no for a PC shooter.

Yeah, my biggest concern is that they wills crew the 21:9 monitor owners like they did with Heroes. (And tried to do with D3)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

25. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 14:32 jdreyer

JeffD wrote on May 14, 2015, 09:51:
Wetworks24 wrote on May 14, 2015, 09:20:
It's more graphically underwhelming than I thought it would be. Least I know it'll run at 144fps with no problems.
wet, I'm not sure how you fathomed that, it looks just like the last video and cinimatics. The model design is top notch, and the playfield is nice and clean.

Looks awesome really, it is kind of nice seeing something with original characters for once. I also like the large jumps in playstyles, it wasn't all about who had the bigger gun. I will play the hell out of it.

These two statements are necessarily in conflict. Something can be graphically underwhelming and still have a great clean design. WoW pops to mind for example.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >