Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified

Rockstar Games answers some questions about Grand Theft Auto V. Several topics of interest are covered, including a clarification of the sort of modifications that will get players in trouble, which focuses on GTA Online:
We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
May 8, 2015, 16:15
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 16:15
May 8, 2015, 16:15

Dacron wrote on May 8, 2015, 10:21:
I always play with random pubs, I can't tell if incoming requests are from crew members or not so I just join a job I feel like playing.

Is there a way to tell the difference between pub and crew member invites?

Look at the list of Crew members online in the menu? Play with them, get to know names so you know if they are crew or not?

I'm a little jaded at this point when it comes to the Blues Crew. 125 Crew members and there is only a few of us on with any regularity (some console obviously, but I only see 1 console person on and it's always the same person). The others that come online never join invites or only play single player.

I've been inviting people I meet in Heist that play well and/or communicate, so at this point the active crew is beginning to be populated by people that don't even know what BluesNews is.

There are at least a few of us considering leaving to find an "active" Crew.

May 8, 2015, 16:06
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 16:06
May 8, 2015, 16:06

Dacron wrote on May 8, 2015, 09:54:
Krovven wrote on May 8, 2015, 02:05:
I've never once seen someone complain about heist payouts.

On the Pacific Job, I am level 60, 2 others at 30, host is level 15. We just ran him through all the set-ups, showing him the ropes (he was new, never done the heist).

Final day he sets himself at 70%, us at 10% each. 700k vs 100k. We all laugh and say no especially as he needs bigger guns for the escape firefight. He begins to cry, and whine on the mic this is what he wants, he wants more money he deserves it blah blah blah (Odd... he never used the mic until then...). I just left.

Was frustrating. Probably took an hour to get through it all to the final day. On the opposite side though, every other player has paid 20% on the final job, even had one toss 25% to everyone on all final days.

There are a few kids out there, but you can find decent players looking for heist members.

That sucks, but it's certainly not the norm.

The guy will NEVER find a crew to do the final heist with him for a 10% cut, unless they are his buddies and doing him a favor. So he loses 100% of the cut because he will never get it done.

The norm on any heist is 40%, 20%, 20%, 20%, and I have not see anyone do it differently.

May 8, 2015, 14:54
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 14:54
May 8, 2015, 14:54

PHJF wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:35:
Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing.

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

Yeah, sometimes public servers with disruptive and/or grieving players can be annoying/aggravating if you're not in the mood for it, but it can be fun too. One time a crew member and I just walked out of our apartment and some guy just shot us down for no reason. We ignored it, and then he killed us both a second time, so it became our mission to seek revenge. SO, we jumped into my crew member's armored car and kept chasing him down and killing him, then took his car and kept running over him with his own car - if we didn't shoot him down first - and eventually he rage-quit. From that point forward we carried on with a nice and enjoyable online session - even though the revenge seeking was pleasurable.

May 8, 2015, 14:50
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 14:50
May 8, 2015, 14:50

Dacron wrote on May 8, 2015, 10:21:
I always play with random pubs, I can't tell if incoming requests are from crew members or not so I just join a job I feel like playing.

I think either they're highlighted a dif colour or there's something that says they're a crew member.
I could be wrong though, haven't played in a while

May 8, 2015, 10:55
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 10:55
May 8, 2015, 10:55

I've been known to spend an evening attacking other players randomly. It can be quite fun if they accept it as a challenge. Spent one Sunday in a citywide deathmatch chasing, and being chased.

May 8, 2015, 10:21
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 10:21
May 8, 2015, 10:21

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

May 8, 2015, 10:05
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 10:05
May 8, 2015, 10:05

I've had no trouble playing with people in a crew.
Someone just creates a new crew-only MP session and invites everyone.

If people want to do heists, they invite each other.
If they want to do jobs or missions they invite each other.
If people want to simply fuck around in the world, they meet up with each other

Maybe if you're solo in a public game it sucks, but there is absolutely no problem playing with people you know

May 8, 2015, 09:54
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 09:54
May 8, 2015, 09:54

Krovven wrote on May 8, 2015, 02:05:

On the Pacific Job, I am level 60, 2 others at 30, host is level 15. We just ran him through all the set-ups, showing him the ropes (he was new, never done the heist).

Final day he sets himself at 70%, us at 10% each. 700k vs 100k. We all laugh and say no especially as he needs bigger guns for the escape firefight. He begins to cry, and whine on the mic this is what he wants, he wants more money he deserves it blah blah blah (Odd... he never used the mic until then...). I just left.

Was frustrating. Probably took an hour to get through it all to the final day. On the opposite side though, every other player has paid 20% on the final job, even had one toss 25% to everyone on all final days.

There are a few kids out there, but you can find decent players looking for heist members.
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

May 8, 2015, 08:03
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 08:03
May 8, 2015, 08:03

I can't stand GTA Online, the whole thing is poorly designed which is a shame because the concept has a lot of promise. I will have to try that sometime though OpticNerve, thanks for the headsup.

May 8, 2015, 04:49
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 04:49
May 8, 2015, 04:49

One useful tip that I saw if you wanted to host a private online session while you're in a public online session (for Crew Heists, missions, if you get randomly booted to a public session, etc.), instead of waiting a while to load back into Single Player do this instead:
- Hit Esc
- Go to the Online tab
- Go to Creation (the load time for this is really short)
- Press P (Pause)
- Go to the Online tab
- Invite Only Session.

Why Rockstar didn't allow people to directly create a private session from a public one, I have no idea, but this shaves off a lot of time if you need to start up a private one for whatever reason. I've also noticed that load times are a LOT quicker when you're in a private one.

May 8, 2015, 02:05
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 8, 2015, 02:05
May 8, 2015, 02:05

May 7, 2015, 23:07
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 23:07
May 7, 2015, 23:07

Heists are awesome. The money up front is trivial compared to the payout and division of funds has never been an issue with the parties I've played in, either with friends or with strangers.

The matchmaking designed for consoles is the sore spot, but is manageable once you get the system down. A much harder aspect, IMO, is finding a decent crew for heists that won't fuck it up, especiLly on hard difficulty where one death will make the whole team have to restart sections. As a host you can kick people before matches start though, so ts just a m atter of establishing that everyone can communicate before starting and making sure no low level noobs hop in and potentially jeapoardize your efforts.

And the claim that you can't play without getting greifed online? Sounds like someone took a trip to the cheater/baddie pool , because I've rarely encountered anyone that affected me as much as you uber-sensitive guys claim to see in "every game"

Krovven wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:27:
I just saw a lime green Charger at the store an thought, that guy must have completed the Online Stunt Jump requirement to get that color.

What's wrong with me?!

LOL!

May 7, 2015, 22:17
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 22:17
May 7, 2015, 22:17

Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing.

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

My LAN party of four had some initial problems, but then I found the option to start a closed / private session (go into story mode first, then choose the online option) which made multiplayer mode load instantly and resolved almost all of our issues.

After that, heist missions between the four of us were no problem - and also an insane amount of fucking fun.

May 7, 2015, 21:31
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 21:31
May 7, 2015, 21:31

This. The matchmaking is poorly implemented.

If you're a solo player that just wants to join a heist, it's usually not a huge issue to find a heist but you usually wind up in a half filled heist lobby and have to sit and wait for it to fill up which can take a while for reasons explained later.

If you're a group of 2 or 3 players looking to find a match, you're out of luck unless you host it yourself. But then you and your friends are stuck in a lobby for 30+min waiting for someone to join and unable to do anything while waiting. It's pretty hilariously bad.

On top of that, for whatever fucking reason, they require that the heist leader put up front money and gives the leader control over the payout distribution amongst the players, which only leads to an incredible amount of bickering at the end. People leave because by default the heist leader gets a larger payout (which is default and should be the case since they put up the initial money and didn't get payouts for the setup missions). Or some heist leaders increase their payout to ridiculous proportions. It's like a giant social experiment. In any case, it makes public heists a laughable exercise in waiting in lobbies for hours to complete a single heist.

This should have all been predictable behavior and they could have curbed that in many different ways (eg.equal payouts and no initial cost to the heist, allowing AI to take over for players that leave, etc).

So far I can't play heists because I'm there to play with my friend and the few times we've tried to host a heist, we've wound up sitting there twiddling our thumbs for 30min each time before we gave up. I'm really hoping they work on this system to make them playable. So far it's been a huge disappointment.

May 7, 2015, 20:14
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 20:14
May 7, 2015, 20:14

The menus and matchmaking in general is poorly designed. But at least they work with Arrow keys and Enter which makes navigating them quick.

The Heists themselves are excellent and a lot of fun.

May 7, 2015, 19:53
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 19:53
May 7, 2015, 19:53

Is it? I play online, but haven't done a Heist yet, as I've only put about 10 hours in so far and am still leveling up. However, I haven't seen/heard anyone complain about the heists yet.

May 7, 2015, 19:35
PHJF

Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 19:35
May 7, 2015, 19:35
 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

May 7, 2015, 19:27
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 19:27
May 7, 2015, 19:27

I just saw a lime green Charger at the store an thought, that guy must have completed the Online Stunt Jump requirement to get that color.

What's wrong with me?!

May 7, 2015, 18:31
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 18:31
May 7, 2015, 18:31

Could have said this a while ago.
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older