Heroes of the Storm in June

Blizzard announces a June 2nd official launch date for Heroes of the Storm, their free-to-play MOBA featuring characters from various Blizzard games that's currently in closed beta testing. Here's word on release plans, which will include a livestream the day before the launch:
Heroes of the Storm will launch with more than 30 playable Heroes and 7 dynamic Battlegrounds, each with unique challenges to overcome—and even more Heroes and Battlegrounds are on the way. Players can customize the look of their Heroes with a variety of skins, as well as switch between a stable of special mounts that help them cover ground on the battlefield more quickly.

To celebrate the launch of Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard will be holding a live-streamed event on June 1 in London, U.K.. Further information will be made available as the event draws closer.
View : : :
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Heroes of the Storm in June
Apr 21, 2015, 09:58
Verno

Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 09:58
Apr 21, 2015, 09:58
 Verno

Although I have spent money on the game, there are plenty of ways to earn gold in game to purchase heroes. I do not regret the money I've spent, but I know others don't have a lot of money. No money is needed. Like Hearthstone, you can complete daily quests to earn gold and even leveling up your heroes and your man avatar earns gold.

Opposite for me, I like this game but I'm not a fan of the business model or rather I think it needs tweaking to be more like Dota 2.
Playing: Ys VIII, Hades, Demons Souls
Watching: The Expanse, Tenet, Peninsula

Apr 21, 2015, 09:32
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 09:32
Apr 21, 2015, 09:32

I've played all the MOBAs out there and I truly love Heroes of the Storm best of all.

I especially like group fights in MOBAs and this one is nothing but group fight after group fight. There are no items to buy so not really any way to mess up your character build. You can tweak your build on the spur of the moment from one game to the next by focusing on different abilities, but there is nothing to do outside of the game other than choose what mount or skin you will wear.

Although I have spent money on the game, there are plenty of ways to earn gold in game to purchase heroes. I do not regret the money I've spent, but I know others don't have a lot of money. No money is needed. Like Hearthstone, you can complete daily quests to earn gold and even leveling up your heroes and your man avatar earns gold.

All in all, I love this game and I play it daily.

Apr 21, 2015, 07:47
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 07:47
Apr 21, 2015, 07:47

About time! I thought this alpha/beta has gone on long enough and it's pretty damn rock solid. Balancing will always be on-going as they continue to release new heroes constantly and I don't doubt they'll stop anytime soon after launching in June.

Apr 21, 2015, 07:24
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 07:24
Apr 21, 2015, 07:24

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 06:13:
Appreciate Dota but even back when it was a WC3 mod I felt like it was impossible to figure out all of the item combos.

That was part of the fun, most items were redundant or variations on a theme in ye old days. The item differences were mostly cosmetic and gave the illusion of depth/complexity, real depth is hard.

Apr 21, 2015, 07:20
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 07:20
Apr 21, 2015, 07:20

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:03:
Ravor wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:23:
Blizzard did what Blizzard does by taking all of the great features of many games, blending it, then watering it down a bit and taking all the "hard" stuff out and coming up with a "Good" game.

If you're looking for a solid MOBA without any of the technical stuff like DOTA2 (Item Buying, Last Hitting, Laning) then this is about as good as it gets.

If you're looking for an actual skill based game, then stick with DOTA2 or LOL.

People with lives don't have time to invest in games like DOTA2, LOL, et al. That's not a shot, just a sad fact of life.

LoL and Dota games are usually like 30 minutes long, not exactly a life long commitment. When you play 40 minutes of this game or GTA Online, are you a person with no life? Don't even answer that. I doubt you have even played either one.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 07:42.

Apr 21, 2015, 06:13
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 06:13
Apr 21, 2015, 06:13

Appreciate Dota but even back when it was a WC3 mod I felt like it was impossible to figure out all of the item combos. This is the first Moba I'll give a serious try. I know these are popular but for skill I prefer to spend time with fighting games
Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

Apr 21, 2015, 05:01
Slick

Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 05:01
Apr 21, 2015, 05:01
 Slick

yeah, because when trolls don't have their natural outlet for their rage, they never turn their aggression on their teammates through the allowed teamchat. flawless victory for blizzard!
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 21, 2015, 03:56
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 03:56
Apr 21, 2015, 03:56

Yeah the new bnet is behind the scenes matchmaking and that's pretty much it. They dont even allow you to talk to the enemy players/team anymore. Hey remember the old bnet channels in Starcraft and Diablo2? Now it's Safety Gloves up the fucking Wazoo, so people have to ask permission to even talk to you. Goddamn Blizzard...
I have a nifty blue line!

Apr 21, 2015, 03:27
Slick

Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 03:27
Apr 21, 2015, 03:27
 Slick

InBlack wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 02:27:
Slick wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:42:
i just bought a beta key for this game for 26 cents on G2A

Well thats 26 cents you threw away. Blizzard is letting everyone into the beta, you just have to 'register' for it on the Bnet account page, and within a few days you will be in.

I gotta say I got burned out on the game rather quickly. Fuck, its not even out yet. Main reason for the burn out? I dunno, Im getting old and these repetitive games from Blizzard can only hold my attention for so long. Also getting a five team party online is harder at the age of most of my peers and friends than it used to be. Cos, life and shit. I might come back to check out the launch.

Oh i've been registered for months, i haven't received a key and was sick of waiting. I mostly forgot about this game until i read this headline. It's weird, cause they gave me 3x SC2 keys back when Wings of Liberty was coming out. I guess my frequency of launching Bnet dropped off entirely about a month after D3's release, now they don't love me.

I'm enjoying myself so far, i'm doing quite well for a non MOBA player, so that's helping alot (srsly, fuck last-hitting BS). However i'm still waiting for a semi-competitive matchmaking service which pools people into 200 personal channel mumble servers in-game and lets them easily find scrims. that's how you foster competition, as i'm also at an age where my list of friends i can get to play a game with me is pathetically small.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 21, 2015, 02:27
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 02:27
Apr 21, 2015, 02:27

Slick wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:42:

Well thats 26 cents you threw away. Blizzard is letting everyone into the beta, you just have to 'register' for it on the Bnet account page, and within a few days you will be in.

I gotta say I got burned out on the game rather quickly. Fuck, its not even out yet. Main reason for the burn out? I dunno, Im getting old and these repetitive games from Blizzard can only hold my attention for so long. Also getting a five team party online is harder at the age of most of my peers and friends than it used to be. Cos, life and shit. I might come back to check out the launch.
I have a nifty blue line!

Apr 21, 2015, 00:17
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 00:17
Apr 21, 2015, 00:17

Tehol wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:12:
I hope the game fails.

It won't, but don't let that stop you from hating.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Apr 21, 2015, 00:12
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 00:12
Apr 21, 2015, 00:12

I hope the game fails.

Apr 21, 2015, 00:03
Cutter

Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 00:03
Apr 21, 2015, 00:03
 Cutter

Ravor wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:23:
Blizzard did what Blizzard does by taking all of the great features of many games, blending it, then watering it down a bit and taking all the "hard" stuff out and coming up with a "Good" game.

If you're looking for a solid MOBA without any of the technical stuff like DOTA2 (Item Buying, Last Hitting, Laning) then this is about as good as it gets.

If you're looking for an actual skill based game, then stick with DOTA2 or LOL.

People with lives don't have time to invest in games like DOTA2, LOL, et al. That's not a shot, just a sad fact of life.

Anyway, how's the DC MOBA game?
"Hot air hangs like a dead man, from a white oak tree. People sitting on porches, thinking how things used to be. It's a dark night...dark night."

Apr 20, 2015, 23:30
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 23:30
Apr 20, 2015, 23:30

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:55:
Lmao, should've known that would touch a fanboy nerve.

Considering i was actually trying to help you, sure thing buddy.

Lmao indeed.

Apr 20, 2015, 23:23
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 23:23
Apr 20, 2015, 23:23

I like both Dota2 and this. They scratch different itches. Heroes for a quick match, Dota for a longer one when I have time.

Apr 20, 2015, 22:55
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 22:55
Apr 20, 2015, 22:55

Lmao, should've known that would touch a fanboy nerve.

Apr 20, 2015, 22:42
Slick

Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 22:42
Apr 20, 2015, 22:42
 Slick

Apr 20, 2015, 22:17
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 22:17
Apr 20, 2015, 22:17

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:03:
Tom wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:36:
Last hitting is just tiresome micromanagement IMO. Sure, it's highly skill based, but I'd bet it's more irritating than fun for most people. I give Blizzard credit for having the courage to dump it. (My perspective on this is purely LoL-based but I hear it's worse in DOTA2.)

This actually makes me a little more interested in trying the game. I played a little Dota 2 for the first time with a couple of experienced friends not too long ago, and they were teaching me how you do NOT attack creeps until the last second, which is incredibly counter-intuitive. It's tedious enough sitting around in a lane waiting for creeps to come to you (god forbid you push at the wrong time), so let's just avoid combat with them 90% of the time on top of that!

If you are sitting around doing nothing other than waiting for creeps to come to you - you are doing it wrong. But hey, if you are new then it's completely understandable! With time you learn how much depth the game really has.

Sitting there and auto attacking creeps is about as tedious as it comes IMO. Last hitting actually takes a lot of skill and practice, especially when there's other players there trying to deny/kill you. But then, that's only tiny part of the equation.

If you don't like last hitting, try playing a support. Look up purge video's on youtube for examples of this - there's a lot to learn!

Let me guess, Heroes of the Storm is blizzards latest attempt to dumb down yet another genre?

Yippee!

Should sell well.

But what's with the graphics and terrible animations? So clunky! I'm usually last to complain about something like this, but it looks like a mobile game for kiddies (admittedly, this is based solely on a few recent youtube vids i've watched).

-edit- Wait, there's no gear to buy? There's daily's / grinds? lmao. GG Blizzard, you never fail to disappoint.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2015, 22:32.

Apr 20, 2015, 22:03
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 22:03
Apr 20, 2015, 22:03

Tom wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:36:
Last hitting is just tiresome micromanagement IMO. Sure, it's highly skill based, but I'd bet it's more irritating than fun for most people. I give Blizzard credit for having the courage to dump it. (My perspective on this is purely LoL-based but I hear it's worse in DOTA2.)

This actually makes me a little more interested in trying the game. I played a little Dota 2 for the first time with a couple of experienced friends not too long ago, and they were teaching me how you do NOT attack creeps until the last second, which is incredibly counter-intuitive. It's tedious enough sitting around in a lane waiting for creeps to come to you (god forbid you push at the wrong time), so let's just avoid combat with them 90% of the time on top of that!

Apr 20, 2015, 21:46
Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 21:46
Apr 20, 2015, 21:46

I find this a fun game to play for an hour in the evening with my friends. I spent $5 on a starter pack, and that's likely all I'll buy, but I've really enjoyed it. We were able to coerce a friend who hates MOBAs due to the learning curve, and for a few games he'd just soak XP in a lane the AI was ignoring. He liked that he was contributing to the team without needing to be good in a combat situation. After a few games, he decided he was ready to take a few hits on the chin and now he's a decently capable player.

So really, I like that the game is something I can get my friends to play. My girlfriend enjoys it as well. Also, It's nice to see that they're very conscious of the characters they add, and make their abilities something that you'd expect them to have.

The game still has issues in SLI, but since one card (760) can handle the game with no problem, the "fix" is to make it run single GPU.
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older