Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2

Cliffski's Blog announces that Gratuitous Space Battles 2 is now available, offering a sequel to the sci-fi space strategy/tower defense of the original GSB. Here's an admittedly cheesy trailer and here's word:

Yup, its true, the much-awaited sequel to the 200,000+ selling Indie Strategy game Gratuitous Space Battles, is finally on sale. Hurrah! This has taken us twenty months to make, involved a complete redesign and re-engineering of the graphics engine, numerous changes, improvements and fixes, not least the fact that the game now lets you design the look of the ships from scratch AND has steam workshop support, achievements, trading cards and so on. Plus it has one-click easy to use multiple-monitor support, which I HIGHLY recommend. Behold: the cheesy trailer:

The game has been in beta a while, so its hopefully vaguely playable by now! Big thanks to all the beta testers, and of course everybody who worked on the game. You can grab it from a variety of sources, and Im just going to flat out assume all of their buy links are active right nowso here we go:

Of course the world is a different place now to when GSB1 was released. Who knows how well this one will do? Will anybody like it? One of my biggest fears is people assuming it wont run on their PC. It will! Its actually not *that* demanding. And if you happen to have two monitors you OWE it to yourself to grab it :D. So please do it, help me feed my cats! And if you like the game, PLEASE review it on steam, or wherever you buy it, tweet about it, tell all your friends. And your enemies :D. If you are someone who makes youtube lets-play videos, I hereby give you permission to use the game in your videos, and to monetize those videos, this is fine with me. The more video footage of the game the better. (The battles look much better in motion than as screenshots).

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 18, 2015, 07:23 Jonjonz

Hexagons, please go back to board games.

The busy screens of the trailer, are full of chugging, speed up/slow downs, and less than fluid animation.

The same boring gameplay, but far busier screens.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 19:39 Slashman

Honestly, for the price point, I can't justify this game.

There are currently good 4x games like Star Ruler 2 and Stardrive 2 that let you do a similar kind of ship design while providing a whole empire building/conquest game as well. And they have actual 3d combat instead of just the fixed top down view.

It just doesn't grab me. The first one got old very quickly as well for me.

9. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 15:36 verybad1

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 14:27:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 14:24:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 13:17:
this game is for RTS retards

So don't play it.
Oh don't you worry, he doesn't play it. In fact looking through his post history I don't think he plays any games at all.
Seems like he play's the trolling game...

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2015, 18:20.

8. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 14:27 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 14:24:

So don't play it.
Oh don't you worry, he doesn't play it. In fact looking through his post history I don't think he plays any games at all.

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 14:24 jdreyer

So don't play it. I can't play a real RTS on this old laptop, but GSB is great when I'm on the plane or in a hotel on a business trip.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

6. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 13:17 Angrius Maximis

5. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 13:12 Creston

Congrats, cliffski!

4. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 12:42 jdreyer

Cool, I liked the first one. It ran smooth as butter on my old laptop, and that's primarily where I played it.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 12:15 Theo

hope this has the turn based conquest mode thing that an expansion to gsb1 had... (That made the game really really good).  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

2. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 10:03 SpectralMeat

Congrats Cliffski!
Hope the game will do well for you, it looks awesome!

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 10:01 Alamar

Awesome... Still not my preferred genre, but it looks great ; )  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo